• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Augieholic
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

6'4 SG from Champlin Park HS

Texas Tom racking up the wings, hopefully Tom Thibodeau takes notice.

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by Swisher View Post
    Just saw on twitter that Bennett Otto committed.

Sweet. Don't know much about him, but he appears to be a pretty good athlete. Played for the top Howard Pulley team this summer for AAU. And most of his Hudl highlights are of him playing quarterback for his high school team, which is interesting. Looking forward to seeing what he can do as a Viking after this season.
    Last edited by MrAugustana; 08-01-2018, 06:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Swisher
    replied

Just saw on twitter that Bennett Otto committed.

Leave a comment:

• Blue Ridge Viking
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    At this point, I just want the stinkin' decision to get made one way or the other. If we stay D2 and I have to keep schlubbin' around with all of you schlubs, great. If we go D1 and we get to start beating USD and SDSU and making their fans lose their minds with dismay, that would bring me great joy as well. I just want the speculation to be put to rest either way.
    I agree. Augie's administration needs to come out with some kind of comment one way or the other, either tamping things down or acknowledging serious consideration. And preferably before Krabbenhoft's Christmas projection. That would mean at least four more months of speculation (most of it baseless but always entertaining, which is pretty much the point of message board chatter, come to think of it).

Leave a comment:

• wsuguy87
    replied

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    At this point, I just want the stinkin' decision to get made one way or the other. If we stay D2 and I have to keep schlubbin' around with all of you schlubs, great. If we go D1 and we get to start beating USD and SDSU and making their fans lose their minds with dismay, that would bring me great joy as well. I just want the speculation to be put to rest either way.
    Or you spend the first 5 years of Di getting your faces beat in by teams who already have that level of talent. :)

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    The Grand Forks Herald's Kolpack thinks Augie will go D1.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-summit-league

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

It really does make a lot of sense....outside of football.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

The Grand Forks Herald's Kolpack thinks Augie will go D1.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/spor...-summit-league

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    http://bit.ly/2uMY2JE | #WeAreAU | #BuildingChampions

Leave a comment:

• MrAugustana
    replied

Congrats to Augie's Jordan Spencer for signing a contract with his hometown professional team in the UK.

Here's a pretty cool video they put together to welcome him home:

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    A "top tier" program like Augie undergoing a youth movement of this magnitude is almost without precedent. Mankato and St Cloud usually reload with D1 transfers while SMSU and Northern typically dont have much turnover so their classes stay intact and prevent large overhauls.
    I'm not quite sure about that...

SMSU goes through youth movements too. Look back at 2014-15 when the Mustangs won 12 games....the team had three seniors, but the rest of the team was freshmen and sophomores. That was the first year in the program for Bruggeman, Kirk, Moen and Schafer. Or with 12 wins in 2010-11, the team had Roehl and Huseby as seniors, but the rest of the core was sophomores (Miller, West) and freshmen (Zager, Birch, Smith).

It seems to be a trend in how Bigler recruits, going in 4/5-year cycles. I would guess we're due for another rebuilding year soon. And we've actually had a number of guys transfer out.
    Last edited by Stanger86; 07-19-2018, 03:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
    There, I fixed it for you. :)
    Breaking: SCSU booster no longer believes program is top tier. Is a staff shakeup in the offing?? Stay tuned for more after this commercial.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

As currently constructed I think this team wins 8-12 games. It will be extremely funstrating to watch these guys learn how to compete together but Texas Tom has proven multiple times he can develop talent with the best of D2 coaches.

A "top tier" program like Augie undergoing a youth movement of this magnitude is almost without precedent. Mankato and St Cloud usually reload with D1 transfers while SMSU and Northern typically dont have much turnover so their classes stay intact and prevent large overhauls.
    How the mighty have fallen I guess when Winona doesn't get a mention. Justified but we are on the serious mend.

Leave a comment:

• simple as a $3 bill
    replied

As currently constructed I think this team wins 8-12 games. It will be extremely funstrating to watch these guys learn how to compete together but Texas Tom has proven multiple times he can develop talent with the best of D2 coaches.

A "top tier" program like Augie undergoing a youth movement of this magnitude is almost without precedent. Mankato is usually the only school in the league who reloads with D1 transfers while SMSU and Northern typically dont have much turnover so their classes stay intact and prevent large overhauls.
    There, I fixed it for you. :)

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
    With a great class coming in and the Navy transfer Tyler Riemersma at 6'8" 215lbs. Tyler played in 28 games as a freshman, which hopefully means he will be a good player immediately. I'm thinking the Vik's will be much improved this upcoming season. I wonder what our 2 AU basketball guru's MrAugustana and Augieholic think of the Vikings 18/19 season prospective?

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X