Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Didn't realize Riemersma averaged 10 minutes per game with Navy. While his stats weren't necessarily mind-blowing, that's pretty solid experience to be getting as a true freshman. Seems like a lot of D1 transfers come in after primarily (or exclusively) riding the bench for a season or two. Looking forward to seeing how he can contribute for 3 years as a Viking.
    I have scene him play numerous times in high school. Will be a terrific D2 player.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
      Looks like 6'8" 2017 PF Tyler Riemersma is transferring to Augustana from Navy. He is a very good player. Extremely skilled inside and outside. Will likely play significant minutes next year. Will also help with Aggie transition from D2 to D1.
      Wary of a young man's commitment if he welshes on his contract to serve his country. Someone has to protect my right to unemployment checks.

Comment

Does anyone have information on the Levi Jansen situation? He signed with AU with a lot of fanfare as a future great player. What is his injury and will he ever play again? Thanks.

Comment

Nothing really new in this about a possible D1 move:

http://www.keloland.com/news/article...itter_keloland

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
            Nothing really new in this about a possible D1 move:

http://www.keloland.com/news/article...itter_keloland
            I'm at the point where I just want a decision to get made one way or the other.

Comment

With this much chatter its going to happen. Just a matter of when. Thanks for the memories.

Comment

If Augie does go D1, it will be a heck of a change for the NSIC. One less team that has major built-in advantages over the strong majority of the conference.

The rich don't stay with the poor for long. :)

Comment

Originally posted by wsuguy87 View Post
                  If Augie does go D1, it will be a heck of a change for the NSIC. One less team that has major built-in advantages over the strong majority of the conference.

The rich don't stay with the poor for long. :)
                  Who will you complain about if we leave though?

Comment

Who will you complain about if we leave though?
                    Myself. Not a fan of that guy at all.

Comment

Bumping an old topic. Has anyone heard where John Warren is headed? I would have thought he'd have announced his new school by now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                        Bumping an old topic. Has anyone heard where John Warren is headed? I would have thought he'd have announced his new school by now.
                        After reading thru his twitter page he has made no decision. https://twitter.com/johnwarren_3

I found a 2019 commit a 6'8" 2019 grad out of CO. https://twitter.com/MaTt7o2 Does anybody know of this young man?

Comment

I've heard rumblings that he's going D1 but nothing official.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            I've heard rumblings that he's going D1 but nothing official.
                            Reading his twitter page, people he follows and those whom follow him shows no indication he is going anywhere.

Matt Wheelock appears to be a scholarship player. https://twitter.com/billupselite

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
                              Reading his twitter page, people he follows and those whom follow him shows no indication he is going anywhere.

Matt Wheelock appears to be a scholarship player. https://twitter.com/billupselite
                              Re: Wheelock, found an article that said he visited USD, Creighton, Drake and Loyola Marymount. Not sure how serious any of those visits were. Didn't read anything that said he had received offers from any other school. Has a nice outside shot for a (relatively) big man, though I'm not sure he got more than a foot off the floor in any of the highlight videos I watched.

Comment

Re: Wheelock, found an article that said he visited USD, Creighton, Drake and Loyola Marymount. Not sure how serious any of those visits were. Didn't read anything that said he had received offers from any other school. Has a nice outside shot for a (relatively) big man, though I'm not sure he got more than a foot off the floor in any of the highlight videos I watched.
                                Dan Jansen is not a high jumper but, then again he is a legitimate 6'9"

Whether he got offers or not, nice to have a guy who was looked at by good D1 schools.

With a great class coming in and the Navy transfer Tyler Riemersma at 6'8" 215lbs. Tyler played in 28 games as a freshman, which hopefully means he will be a good player immediately. I'm thinking the Vik's will be much improved this upcoming season. I wonder what our 2 AU basketball guru's MrAugustana and Augieholic think of the Vikings 18/19 season prospective?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X