Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
    Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling.
    In your conference which teams try to emulate the Mankato mostly transfers for victories policy? BTW. Duetsche ist sehr gut.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      In your conference which teams try to emulate the Mankato mostly transfers for victories policy? BTW. Duetsche ist sehr gut.
      Das ist unmoglich!

Comment

Getting back to the John Warren news, this seems to have come out of left field. Does anyone have any inside information?

Do you think all this speculation about Augie and DI had anything to do with it? Or is he chasing a DI dream at another school in his last season of eligibility? It just seems odd he would transfer to another DII team when he was poised to be THE guy at Augie next year when the team should be young but more than respectable.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
          Getting back to the John Warren news, this seems to have come out of left field. Does anyone have any inside information?

Do you think all this speculation about Augie and DI had anything to do with it? Or is he chasing a DI dream at another school in his last season of eligibility? It just seems odd he would transfer to another DII team when he was poised to be THE guy at Augie next year when the team should be young but more than respectable.
          The pile of evidence for the D1 move continues to grow!! Haha I never even thought of this view on it. Now days, I feel like everyone is going to transfer at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
            The pile of evidence for the D1 move continues to grow!! Haha I never even thought of this view on it. Now days, I feel like everyone is going to transfer at some point.
            I am hearing more and more chatter. The BBC just transmitted to the French resistance the code phrase, "John has a long mustache." D-Day must be imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              Wherever Kim Anderson is coaching

Comment

This was going to be AJ Plitzuweit's team next season with or without John Warren.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                  This was going to be AJ Plitzuweit's team next season with or without John Warren.
                  Love Plitzweit...but very unlikely that a true freshman steps in to carry a team in NSIC. Warren is a big loss for augie. My prediction is that Moorhead and Augustana get back to playing some big games in the future. Both teams have real talent coming up with their younger players.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
                    Love Plitzweit...but very unlikely that a true freshman steps in to carry a team in NSIC. Warren is a big loss for augie. My prediction is that Moorhead and Augustana get back to playing some big games in the future. Both teams have real talent coming up with their younger players.
                    My guess is there was a hint of sarcasm in his post. Possibly mocking my repeated excitement about Plitzuweit (and Co.'s) impending arrival and predicted impact.

That being said, I don't disagree with your prediction, assuming John Warren is the exception for the Vikes rather than a future trend (which has generally been the case over the past several years) and this young group sticks it out together for the entirety of their careers.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      My guess is there was a hint of sarcasm in his post. Possibly mocking my repeated excitement about Plitzuweit (and Co.'s) impending arrival and predicted impact.

That being said, I don't disagree with your prediction, assuming John Warren is the exception for the Vikes rather than a future trend (which has generally been the case over the past several years) and this young group sticks it out together for the entirety of their careers.
                      No sarcasm....I truly believe plitzuweit will be a very good player. Would love to have him at Moorhead. Just think it's very tough for true freshman to step right in and carry a team.

Comment

No sarcasm....I truly believe plitzuweit will be a very good player. Would love to have him at Moorhead. Just think it's very tough for true freshman to step right in and carry a team.
                        Sorry, I meant Augieholic was probably adding in a hint of sarcasm, not you. I don't disagree with you on freshmen carrying teams. With Warren's departure, I wouldn't mind seeing us snag an older wing transfer of some sort so we aren't entirely reliant on freshman/sophomore guards and wings next season.

Comment

For your sake I hope Moorhead doesn't fall flat given all the hype of the young players we have been hearing.

Comment

And here I thought Augie had all the advantageous and nobody ever walked away from Texas Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                              And here I thought Augie had all the advantageous and nobody ever walked away from Texas Tom.
                              The only people who claim Augie has all of the advantages are the non-Augie fans who want to credit Augie's success to "all of their advantages," not actual Augie fans. :)

Also, I don't think any Augie fans have said "nobody ever walks away from Texas Tom." Augie has had a handful of outgoing transfers over the years (Jamal Taylor, Ethan Guske, etc. before the National Championship, Lucas Walford this past season). It's just that the Vikes managed to mostly keep the roster solid during its most successful stretch.

Solid attempt at a burn of some sort though. :)
                              Last edited by MrAugustana; 04-26-2018, 11:06 AM. Reason: Added a smiley for friendliness

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                                For your sake I hope Moorhead doesn't fall flat given all the hype of the young players we have been hearing.
                                Me too...no guarantees until games are played. Been many classes that have looked good on paper to only find out they weren't that good in reality...at least I don't think Moorhead can possibly be worse than last year...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X