Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

And to get a balanced schedule add somebody in Montana.

Comment

You can tell that this isn't my place because the milk would have been chocolate.

Comment

Do not see milk, although a candle is present.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          Do not see milk, although a candle is present.
          Upon further review- the call is overturned!

Comment

I29 ASSEMBLE

https://twitter.com/BlairKerkhoff/st...118546944?s=19

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
              With AU that would be 7 schools on I29. If only we could get the Maroon Chiefs to...never mind.

Comment

Since the board is dead right now anyway, here are a couple of highlight videos of incoming Viking guard Matt Todd for any Viking fans interested. As we all know, highlights are obviously the best way to assess a player and the likely impact he will make. Despite that sarcastic comment, I'm excited nonetheless:

High school highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s3XBYJjOr98

Juco highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLThnazZmqs

Seems to have solid court vision passing-wise and a quick release on his jumper. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the Vikes in a few months when the season starts again. We're already only 4 months away. Hooray!

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                  Since the board is dead right now anyway, here are a couple of highlight videos of incoming Viking guard Matt Todd for any Viking fans interested. As we all know, highlights are obviously the best way to assess a player and the likely impact he will make. Despite that sarcastic comment, I'm excited nonetheless:

High school highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=s3XBYJjOr98

Juco highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLThnazZmqs

Seems to have solid court vision passing-wise and a quick release on his jumper. I'm looking forward to seeing what he brings to the table for the Vikes in a few months when the season starts again. We're already only 4 months away. Hooray!
                  He will be a very good pg at Augustana. A little small, but more than enough skill and quickness to make up for it. May drive teammates a bit crazy at some points of game, if he gets into too much 1on1 stuff, but good definitely outweighs the bad. Good pickup, augie should be very good this year, if healthy.

Comment

Came across this on the Augie men's basketball Twitter feed and thought it was entertaining (as were some of the replies):

Comment

https://siouxfalls.business/augustan...to-division-i/

Comment

This has to be the most constipated move to Division I of all time. Think of the last few moves by other schools.

Rumors surface that Bellarmine is thinking of going DI and -- voila! -- a couple of weeks later it's a done deal. Not only do they commit to DI, they get an immediate invitation to the Atlantic Sun. The same goes for Dixie State and the WAC. (That actually may have been a quicker move than Bellarmine's.) I live in Virginia. One day Longwood was a little-known but happy member of Division II. Then, all of a sudden and with virtually no fanfare, they're the newest member of the Big South.

I'm beginning to wonder if Augie really has a secret handshake deal with the Summit, or if this all was wishful thinking, hoping big donors would jump on board.

Or it could be typical indecisiveness by a bunch of Lutherans, something they're very good at. (And I say that as a proud, lifelong Lutheran.)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post
                          This has to be the most constipated move to Division I of all time. Think of the last few moves by other schools.

Rumors surface that Bellarmine is thinking of going DI and -- voila! -- a couple of weeks later it's a done deal. Not only do they commit to DI, they get an immediate invitation to the Atlantic Sun. The same goes for Dixie State and the WAC. (That actually may have been a quicker move than Bellarmine's.) I live in Virginia. One day Longwood was a little-known but happy member of Division II. Then, all of a sudden and with virtually no fanfare, they're the newest member of the Big South.

I'm beginning to wonder if Augie really has a secret handshake deal with the Summit, or if this all was wishful thinking, hoping big donors would jump on board.

Or it could be typical indecisiveness by a bunch of Lutherans, something they're very good at. (And I say that as a proud, lifelong Lutheran.)
                          Kinda puts any plan for a post-Augie conference a bit in limbo. If there is a school waiting in the wings to take Augie's spot, I suppose they could go to 17 until Augie makes the jump.

But then we know how some people (at least on this forum) feel about 16 to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by njmav1 View Post
                            Kinda puts any plan for a post-Augie conference a bit in limbo. If there is a school waiting in the wings to take Augie's spot, I suppose they could go to 17 until Augie makes the jump.

But then we know how some people (at least on this forum) feel about 16 to begin with.
                            I say if they want into the NSIC just so it can be a placeholder to bigger and better things (Division 1), to hell with them. Tell them to go find a temporary home someplace else.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Ridge Viking View Post

Let's get some context:

1) Bellarmine doesnt have football and is located in a part of the country with numerous low to mid major conferences.

2) The WAC is thirstier than Craig Doty on Twitter for some school, any school, to join their league so they can keep their automatic post season bids. UMKC deciding it isnt for them should be all you need to know.

3) The plan that started this is Vision 2030, TWO THOUSAND THIRTY, so from the beginning the narrative has been centered around a slow and steady build towards D1 athletics among other University goals. For some perspective in 2030 Dave Krauth will be closing in on 900 wins.

Would it be great to know definitively that Augie has secured the bag, conference bid, and future of football right now? Absolutely, but that's just not realistic given all the questions that need to be answered.
                              Last edited by Augieholic; 07-23-2019, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                                For some perspective in 2030 Dave Krauth will be closing in on 900 wins.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X