• Show
Clear All

• Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Wayne holds on, 80-75

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
      Honestly wasn't expecting it to.
      Your reverse psychology doesn't fool me.

Comment

Augie forced some chaos at the end but Wayne was the better team. This might be the year Augie is the weak link of the travel partner chain.

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
          Your reverse psychology doesn't fool me.
          .em loof t'nseod yoglohcysp esrever rouY

Comment

Hope we can figure some things out soon. I predicted Wayne would be better than in years past and I think they will finish much higher in the standings than they have been recently, but we are certainly capable of playing better than we did tonight. Lots of inconsistency with shooting and shot selection in general, and our inside game thus far had been lackluster, minus a few bright spots from time to time.

Comment

Hope we can figure some things out soon.
              One game- a loss on the road. Not all is lost. However you don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm a little surprised after losing to Graceland that the hustle factor didn't seem to be there. That should have been a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                One game- a loss on the road. Not all is lost. However you don't want to get off on the wrong foot. I'm a little surprised after losing to Graceland that the hustle factor didn't seem to be there. That should have been a wake up call.
                That near loss the game before should have been a wake up call.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                  That's two games, my friend. Both of which should have been winnable games by all means. But yes, not saying the ship is sinking, just that they might want to start rowing a little bit harder, preferably soon.

Comment

That's two games, my friend. Both of which should have been winnable games by all means. But yes, not saying the ship is sinking, just that they might want to start rowing a little bit harder, preferably soon.
                    Understood. I was referring to conference games. But yes, right now they are not rowing together. They may need Charlton Heston.

Comment

First of all Wayne is not to be taken lightly, they are a hosting an NSIC Tourney game good. If this is just year two of Kaminsky look out.

The biggest thing I've noticed in the last three games is that losing plus defenders like Huisken and Beyer has hurt far more than the loss of Busack's offensive wizardry. The departure of Beyer's rebounding and defensive versatility has now left John Warren on an island as the only plus defender in the starting lineup. I think Dykman can one day be a capable defender given his athleticism but he and Asmus provide nowhere near the level of interior defense and rebounding of Huisken. Then again none of this should be surprising since Beyer and Huisken played in too many large moments to count over the past three years and their replacements are guys mostly beginning their college careers.

Augie will improve throughout the year as almost all Texas Toms are prone to do, but unless guys like Spencer, Schaefer, Asmus, and Dykman encounter a Rowengardneresque defensive rebirth it will probably result in double digit losses.

Comment

Checking the boards is a lot less fun when you're not winning.

Double digit losses won't surprise me. Not ready to say we're going to hit the level of the lost year at Mankato (2011-12, for reference), but if these last two losses don't get some of our guys going at a higher gear, I'm not sure what will.

Comment

Checking the boards is a lot less fun when you're not winning.

Double digit losses won't surprise me. Not ready to say we're going to hit the level of the lost year at Mankato (2011-12, for reference), but if these last two losses don't get some of our guys going at a higher gear, I'm not sure what will.
                          That would be more than shocking with Spencer still on the team. That MSU squad had a senior leader (and leading scorer) of Stephen Kirschbaum. Good, smart kid, but not the kind of player you want as your 'best'. Ugh, what a terrible season to sit through that year...

Comment

Augustana men beat Doane College 111-72 in front of a crowd of 1567 on a Wednesday afternoon game at the Elmen center. What a change from the last couple of games as the Vikings played crisp and fast, out rebounding Doane 44-24. Steven Schaefer had a career high 30 points on a sizzling .750 shooting percentage. What was really encouraging was the play of freshman and sophomore Vikings, Jameson Byran looked like a veteran, as did Matt Cartwright. Hopefully Augie plays better the rest of season.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
                              That would be more than shocking with Spencer still on the team. That MSU squad had a senior leader (and leading scorer) of Stephen Kirschbaum. Good, smart kid, but not the kind of player you want as your 'best'. Ugh, what a terrible season to sit through that year...

You are spoiled.

Comment

There are at least two or three dozen fans in attendance for the Augie @ Chadron matinee. Augie up 11-0 two and a half minutes into the game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X