X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Re: The NEW Official Thread of the Augustana Vikings

Endowment 211 million. Couldn't find athletic budget figures.

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied

Originally posted by laker View Post
    Augustana's Current D-II Athletics Budget: $10.3 million
    Augustana's school endowment:: $67 million in 2016

Summit League Comparisons:
    NDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $23.2 million (public school)
    NDSU school endowment: $202 million in 2017

SDSU's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $20 million (public school)
    SDSU school endowment: $113 million in 2017

Denver's Current D-I Athletics Budget: $35 million (private school)
    Denver's school endowment: $711 million in 2017

Yet, even their current budget wouldn't put them at the bottom of DI. It would, actually, put them above Nicholls which made the FCS playoffs this season.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/finances/

It's interesting to see how much more the three schools you mentioned spend than other DI FCS schools. For example, per that USA Today listing, Jacksonville State spends about $12M less than NDSU.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    Logic abounds from this post. The transition period will include a lot of losses across the board and more games against far flung opponents than I can comprehend. As long as the majority of the fan base realizes this is a move you cant judge for 10, 15, maybe 20 years they should have the stomach to survive with their sanity in tact.

With the widespread rumor that Augie is going non-scholarship football Billeter becomes the unofficial face of the move. He has been telling anyone who will listen that Augie should go D1 for over a decade and now it's happening with him and his program at the center. After he was overlooked for a few D1 jobs after the National Title it feels unbelievably righteous that he will finally be a D1 HC. I dont see him going anywhere as long as Augie gives him the resources to succeed.

I've thought more than once since Thursday night about where I would be able to release my taeks during this transition and beyond but have yet to come up with an answer. Thank you for those words of manly, Midwestern respect. I'm going to take this time to announce that personally until (if ever) a better option presents itself I'm not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    Damn, didn't even think about that. Will be a big blow to the activity level....
    First thing I thought of when talk of the move surfaced. Expect a much quieter board.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
    Long term, I get it. Bigger stage, more prestige, renew rivalries with SDSU and USD.

Short term, a lot of casualties. Transition is tough.

The current players in all sports for the most part aren't D1 caliber. There will be a lot of transfers, and a lot of losses.

Will coaches stay? Billeter will certainly have other opportunities. He is reaching the age where he may not want to stick around for the difficult transition years.

Finally, bad news for this board. Collectively, the Augie posters have added a lot of fun to the NSIC board. I will miss the silly posts, the obscure cultural reference posts, the "poke the Winona fans" posts, and even the occasionally insightful on topic basketball posts. It's more than a bit sad to know the end is near. Finish strong..we will miss you all when you are gone.
    Logic abounds from this post. The transition period will include a lot of losses across the board and more games against far flung opponents than I can comprehend. As long as the majority of the fan base realizes this is a move you cant judge for 10, 15, maybe 20 years they should have the stomach to survive with their sanity in tact.

With the widespread rumor that Augie is going non-scholarship football Billeter becomes the unofficial face of the move. He has been telling anyone who will listen that Augie should go D1 for over a decade and now it's happening with him and his program at the center. After he was overlooked for a few D1 jobs after the National Title it feels unbelievably righteous that he will finally be a D1 HC. I dont see him going anywhere as long as Augie gives him the resources to succeed.

I've thought more than once since Thursday night about where I would be able to release my taeks during this transition and beyond but have yet to come up with an answer. Thank you for those words of manly, Midwestern respect. I'm going to take this time to announce that personally until (if ever) a better option presents itself I'm not going anywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Originally posted by cat fan View Post
    Finally, bad news for this board. Collectively, the Augie posters have added a lot of fun to the NSIC board. I will miss the silly posts, the obscure cultural reference posts, the "poke the Winona fans" posts, and even the occasionally insightful on topic basketball posts. It's more than a bit sad to know the end is near. Finish strong..we will miss you all when you are gone.
    Damn, didn't even think about that. Will be a big blow to the activity level....

Leave a comment:

• cat fan
    replied

Long term, I get it. Bigger stage, more prestige, renew rivalries with SDSU and USD.

Short term, a lot of casualties. Transition is tough.

The current players in all sports for the most part aren't D1 caliber. There will be a lot of transfers, and a lot of losses.

Will coaches stay? Billeter will certainly have other opportunities. He is reaching the age where he may not want to stick around for the difficult transition years.

Leave a comment:

• DapperDan
    replied

Just for clarification, this is according to NSIC bylaws.

The conference would need an official notice of withdrawal by Dec. 31 of any year for the withdrawal to become effective June 30 of the second year following the filing.

So, my understanding is, even if Augie is accepted into a conference by the end of this month, they still wouldn't officially leave the conference until June 30, 2020.
    Or they could just say we are leaving; what are you going to do about it?

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
    The figure I've heard thrown around is $50K
    Basically a box of popcorn and a soda.

Leave a comment:

• Augieholic
    replied

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    What's the buyout figure to leave the conference?
    The figure I've heard thrown around is $50K

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied

12 minutes on the subject.

gomid.co/ll5v8

According to this, Augie will be in the NSIC for 2019-20.

Football has two options- scholarship or non-scholarship.

No plans to drop any sports.

Currently at 10 million for the athletic budget, more will have to be generated.

The conference would need an official notice of withdrawal by Dec. 31 of any year for the withdrawal to become effective June 30 of the second year following the filing.

So, my understanding is, even if Augie is accepted into a conference by the end of this month, they still wouldn't officially leave the conference until June 30, 2020.
    What's the buyout figure to leave the conference?

Leave a comment:

• Stanger86
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

12 minutes on the subject.

gomid.co/ll5v8

Football has two options- scholarship or non-scholarship.

No plans to drop any sports.

Currently at 10 million for the athletic budget, more will have to be generated.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X