X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post

1+2 get byes, 3 plays 6, 4 plays 5.
    1 plays 3/6, 2 plays 4/5
    Are you certain? Usually in a 6 team single elimination bracket, the one would play the 4/5 and the 2 plays the 3/6. It it's built on the preface of the higher seeded teams winning, so if the bracket holds true, the 1 would play the 4 and the 2 would play the higher seeded 3.

I have no idea if that's how it'll be done in regionals, that's just always been the way I've known it to work.
    Last edited by Alfred33; 03-04-2021, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Are you certain? Usually in a 6 team single elimination bracket, the one would play the 4/5 and the 2 plays the 3/6. It it's built on the preface of the higher seeded teams winning team, so if the bracket holds true, the 1 would play the 4 and the 2 would play the higher seeded 3.

I have no idea if that's how it'll be done in regionals, that's just always been the way I've known it to work.
      I'm sorry you are correct. Brain is running slow this morning, that's what I meant to put.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post

I'm sorry you are correct. Brain is running slow this morning, that's what I meant to put.
        Years ago, I was running summer baseball league for all ages. We were getting ready for the season ending tournament and had the #1 team playing the #8 team. Try to explain that concept to an irate mother who was telling me over the phone how I expected her son's team to beat that top team.................needless to say, not sure I was successful in explaining how seeds worked! :)

Comment

• I have seen 6 team tourneys when 1 seed plays lowest seed left

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            I have seen 6 team tourneys when 1 seed plays lowest seed left
            The NFL Playoffs perhaps? They added a 7th team this year, but still send the lowest seed left to the 1. That's how the Chiefs played Cleveland instead of the 4/5 winner... Baltimore.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post
              Am I missing something? Why is WSC ranked ahead of Moorhead?
              Wayne looks better in their home whites, and Moorhead has some nice red road jerseys. :)

More seriously, I hope these two squads meet in the first round. Covid robbed us of the opportunity to watch this match up in the NSIC tourney, and the two teams didn't play in the regular season.

Mostly though, I'm just happy to see there is a decent chance Wayne will make the regional tourney again after a two decade drought. Now we gotta get healthy in time.

Comment

• Originally posted by cat fan View Post

Wayne looks better in their home whites, and Moorhead has some nice red road jerseys. :)

More seriously, I hope these two squads meet in the first round. Covid robbed us of the opportunity to watch this match up in the NSIC tourney, and the two teams didn't play in the regular season.

Mostly though, I'm just happy to see there is a decent chance Wayne will make the regional tourney again after a two decade drought. Now we gotta get healthy in time.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Also, Upper Iowa really has to be kicking themselves for losing to Minot last week. If they win that game, there is a good chance they get the #6 seed.

Comment

• Losing in the final of conference tournament championship carries more weight than the entire season? Pretty harsh penalty. Given the body of work, I think NW should remain 1 seed. NW played 6 more games than NSU. NW lost twice to a 19-6 team, NSU lost to 10-4 team (that's an 11 game difference). NSU was 4-1 vs regionally ranked teams, NW 5-2.
                          Go Hounds!
                          B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                          Cyclone Power
                          ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Losing in the final of conference tournament championship carries more weight than the entire season? Pretty harsh penalty. Given the body of work, I think NW should remain 1 seed. NW played 6 more games than NSU. NW lost twice to a 19-6 team, NSU lost to 10-4 team (that's an 11 game difference). NSU was 4-1 vs regionally ranked teams, NW 5-2.
                            I could see it going either way. You look at it as Northwest being penalized, but they could look at it as NSU being rewarded.

Comment

• At this point, I really don't care where we are seeded. If you are going to advance, you're going to have to beat everyone anyway. I am betting the Cats will be looking very hungry in Aberdeen.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

I could see it going either way. You look at it as Northwest being penalized, but they could look at it as NSU being rewarded.
                                Both have legitimate case for 1 seed.
                                Go Hounds!
                                B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
                                Cyclone Power
                                ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X