Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

That's unfortunate, it was endlessly entertaining watching him go left when everyone knew he was going left.
    The endless flopping will also be missed. Maybe he will transfer to UMD where they are also working on perfecting the flop.

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post

The endless flopping will also be missed. Maybe he will transfer to UMD where they are also working on perfecting the flop.
      Everyone flops, some are just better than others. Schaefer was an artist.

Comment

Can't say this was a complete shock. At this point, I would have been more surprised if we only had one kid transferring out. I'm hoping there aren't too many more leaving Augie, but it's 2021 so who knows anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Moorhead123 View Post
          Michael Schaefer from Augie into transfer portal
          Matt Todd, I understood. He lost his starting job toward the end of last season to Jamerson Bryan. I can see why he would look for another place to be a starter again.

This one, I don't understand. Schaefer was getting starter-type minutes even though he wasn't a regular starter. Those minutes likely would have gone up, assuming Adam Dykman moves on. (Next season would be Dykman's seventh year as a collegian, which has to be some kind of record.) Who knows what's going on behind the scenes -- which transfers coaches are planning to add and what players are hearing from coaches at other schools.

Along with his flops, his dunks will be missed. You never know what body part he's going to land on.

Comment

Another Griffon enters the portal.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

They and Northern I expect. Couple a years ago I said Augie could get anybody they targeted. I now say that about Northern. They have been busy reloading while winning all the recruitment battles. Dogs.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

They and Northern I expect. Couple a years ago I said Augie could get anybody they targeted. I now say that about Northern. They have been busy reloading while winning all the recruitment battles. Dogs.
                      Honestly, I think that's where all of the D1 stuff really screwed things up for us. There has been a lot of uncertainty with recruiting as far as which level we would end up at and how that would impact guys being able to play for championships vs. wanting to "be D1," etc.

My hope is that with some of that mess settled now, we can get back to form with getting these fringe D1/D2 kids more consistently.

Then again, the way the transfer portal seems to be taking over everything, we might just be better off trying to get solid, clearly Division 2 kids and scrap trying to get the kids that are borderline D1.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• Parker Fox to Minnesota, this is going to be hilarious.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X