Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

NW beat UMKC 6-8 years ago. Who didn't though...

Comment

Agreed. The length is different but there are 1 or 2 guys on top D-2 programs that can play at the D-1 level. It is players 3 thru 7 where the separation exists.

Comment

Anybody else a bit surprised to see Abreu step into a starting role over Alexander for NW this past weekend? Alexander was so frickin' strong for the Bearcats late in the season last year.. We all saw what he did in the Central Region Tournament Finals vs Northern State. Still, after losing Hawkins, really glad to see Abreu step up earning his position in McCollum's eyes. Yeah, Bearcat's looked a little rough with the flow of their game this past weekend, but McCollum will be all over that in practices this week before they head down to Municipal Arena in Kansas City come Saturday and Sunday. One thing for sure,, no one can come away from this past weekend, but be impressed that this NW team took on two #15 and #21 ranked teams to start off the 2021-22 season when the vast majority of D1 teams play a far weaker schedule to kick off their season. .
          Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-09-2021, 03:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            Anybody else a bit surprised to see Abreu step into a starting role over Alexander for NW this past weekend? Alexander was so frickin' strong for the Bearcats late in the season last year.. We all saw what he did in the Central Region Tournament Finals vs Northern State. Still, after losing Hawkins, really glad to see Abreu step up earning his position in McCollum's eyes. Yeah, Bearcat's looked a little rough with the flow of their game this past weekend, but McCollum will be all over that in practices this week before they head down to Municipal Arena in Kansas City come Saturday and Sunday. One thing for sure,, no one can come away from this past weekend, but be impressed that this NW team took on two #15 and #21 ranked teams to start off the 2021-22 season when the vast majority of D1 teams play a far weaker schedule to kick off their season. .
            I was initially a little surprised, although I think Abreu is the better shooter if you're trying to spread the floor (he hasn't made anything yet though). Any surprise I had kind of disappeared with Alexander's early minutes. I thought he looked shaky and unsure of himself on the offensive end in the first game anyway (I didn't get to watch all of the second game). He did some good things defensively and with his hustle like he always does. His free throws are ugly though...eesh! But he does get to the line. My take on him could've just been my expectations being inflated because of how incredible he was playing at the end of last year though... I'm not worried or disappointed by any means. He could pretty easily end up the starter at some point. Abreu was the freshman getting the most minutes early last year until Alexander came on. We'll see a lot of both of them I'm sure, and hopefully, they will both be key contributors. Typical of NW, only really going 7 deep... I was curious, but it would appear that the two freshman are redshirting since neither played and both were way down on the end of the bench. Both look good in the warm up lines though. ;)

That's just a really good tournament to be a part of and Northwest doesn't have to find the teams to play other than to accept the invitation. It's pretty cool that St. Joe is able to pull really good teams from all over country to this thing... 5 of the 8 were ranked in the preseason poll. Embry-Riddle (Fla) might get some love now too after coming back to knock off MoWest in OT and beating #20 Huntsville. All 3 of these early exhibition classics or whatever they're called are good for us and easy on the travel budget. :)

Comment

I think BA would be a spark off the bench more than DA

Comment

The games this weekend at Municipal were initially a Central Regional Challenge, but other parts of the Region didn't do one this year so they've added teams...the field is up to 16 teams this year. I think that's freaking awesome for hoops fans in and around the KC area...I'd have loved to go.
                Last edited by libertybearcat; 11-09-2021, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post
                  The games this weekend at Municipal were initially a Central Regional Challenge, but other Regions didn't do one this year so they've added teams from other regions who requested to come play...the field is up to 16 teams this year. I think that's freaking awesome for hoops fans in and around the KC area...I'd have loved to go.
                  Any idea who is technically the host for this event? Trying to figure out if it will be live stats only or if I should expect it to stream somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post

Any idea who is technically the host for this event? Trying to figure out if it will be live stats only or if I should expect it to stream somewhere.
                    Here's what I found for ya! ;) https://pittstategorillas.com/sports...challenge.aspx

Who knew I was such a fountain of information! :)

Comment

Comment

Hawkins burying Fred Hoiberg one three pointer at a time.

Comment

Kinda like this?

https://twitter.com/i/status/1460786765216862213
                          (note: you do not need to "log in" to twitter ... just hit that 'X' upper left corner to get the video)
                          Last edited by ZubCat81; 11-16-2021, 09:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post
                            Hawkins burying Fred Hoiberg one three pointer at a time.
                            You love to see it

Comment

Hawk had another good game 15 pts 10 rebounds 5 assists 2 blocks 0 turnovers.
                              He also had alot of intangibles with his hustle and court awareness.
                              CU coach really praised Hawk. Ben has to be very proud of Ryan.
                              NW was mentioned several times too
                              Crazy stat-Hawk is 162-8 in his college career.
                              Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-16-2021, 10:26 PM.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X