Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawkins played great today. Definitely looked like he belonged there. Obviously stats wise, but the way he carried himself.

He really had the Jays fans talking too. They like him down in Omaha.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      NW starting to play better sans Hawk. Daniel A has 22 pts so far while Trev sat down with only 11
      Kind of a slow start for the Cats today. When the wheels came off for Lincoln, they flew off all at once.
      Last edited by CatFan88; 12-11-2021, 05:42 PM.
      Go Hounds!
      B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
      Cyclone Power
      ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        Hawkins played great today. Definitely looked like he belonged there. Obviously stats wise, but the way he carried himself.

He really had the Jays fans talking too. They like him down in Omaha.
        Like him in Maryville too. ;)
        Last edited by CatFan88; 12-11-2021, 05:41 PM.
        Go Hounds!
        B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S
        Cyclone Power
        ERAU Eagles Soar

Comment

• Originally posted by CatFan88 View Post

Kind of a slow start for the Cats today. When the wheels came off for Lincoln, they flew off all at once.
          It took them awhile to adjust to the HS sized gym

Comment

It took NW a little time to adjust to the HS sized gym

Comment

Like him in Maryville too. ;)
              I'm sure!

Comment

• Daniel A had 26 pts off the bench & Luke M had 10 off the bench. We got to meet both their Moms-nice ladies who are glad their boys are at NW.

Comment

• There's an obvious growing connection and respect between Creighton HC Greg McDermott and Ryan Hawkins. It already exists between Northwest Missouri State HC Ben McCollum and Hawkins. Ryan has an obvious future coaching basketball. Ryan made sure NW fans knew he would always consider NW his home when he made his decision to leave for Creighton for his final season of basketball. Whatever his future endeavors include playing basketball at the NBA level or the G level ... if, at all, it might be interesting to see if there is more interest with some kind of coaching assistant opportunities open for Ryan after this season, with his preference leaning to NW or Creighton. Where does he lean?

Nice interview after Creighton took down #24 8-1 BYU. Hawkins has the coach speak groove down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQpY_GnWczk

Game notes:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401371288
                  Last edited by ZubCat81; 12-12-2021, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Comment

• Dang, dang, dang ... thought this was a Thursday night game. Aargh. But a bit puzzled when I saw the box score and Daniel Abreu only played 4 minutes after scoring a career best 26 points the other night vs Lincoln. NWFanatic ... you mentioned he may have suffered a concussion? Anyone know how he is doing?

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                        Dang, dang, dang ... thought this was a Thursday night game. Aargh. But a bit puzzled when I saw the box score and Daniel Abreu only played 4 minutes after scoring a career best 26 points the other night vs Lincoln. NWFanatic ... you mentioned he may have suffered a concussion? Anyone know how he is doing?

Comment

• I watched the 1st half. I thought it was a clinic put on by NWMS. Great spacing and ball movement. I know the Bearcats play good defense but I'm not sure what UCM was doing offensively. I think the Mules have some good athletes but there was not ball movement and no cutters or solid screens being set. Just one-on-one with everyone for themselves. I think the game started 22-4 so this was never a game. I think UCM on paper is better but they did not show that on Monday night in Warrensburg.

Comment

• Originally posted by Btech#3 View Post
                            I watched the 1st half. I thought it was a clinic put on by NWMS. Great spacing and ball movement. I know the Bearcats play good defense but I'm not sure what UCM was doing offensively. I think the Mules have some good athletes but there was not ball movement and no cutters or solid screens being set. Just one-on-one with everyone for themselves. I think the game started 22-4 so this was never a game. I think UCM on paper is better but they did not show that on Monday night in Warrensburg.
                            Or Saturday in St Joe or last month in Warrensburg against Maryville. The Mules are 2-3 against D2 opponents. The wins are Lincoln & Jewell, they are 0-3 against D2 teams with winning records. Maybe Northwest, Western & Maryville are great teams and the Mules will do better against some good teams but until I see that, my guess is not much has changed for the Mules.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                              Dang, dang, dang ... thought this was a Thursday night game. Aargh. But a bit puzzled when I saw the box score and Daniel Abreu only played 4 minutes after scoring a career best 26 points the other night vs Lincoln. NWFanatic ... you mentioned he may have suffered a concussion? Anyone know how he is doing?
                              If you watched the Broadcast the UCM play by play guy would have had you believe Abreu was all over the court in the first half...he called Diego Abreu once and Waters several times. He finally started getting it correct in the 2nd half.

Comment

• I agree UCM did not look good but they got off to such a poor start. That is on the coach. I get having a bad start on the road but UCM did not look ready to play and that should not happen at home. NWMS can do that to you but it looked like to me UCM wasn't ready to play and then they panicked and started going one-on-one. What was the Technical on Coach K about? I am not sure what he was complaining about. Anyway, I still think the Mules have better talent this year and a ton of experience back. Maybe is was a bad night caused by a very good team.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X