Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Sorry to burst your NW Fans Offended bubble...just about every broadcast the previous two years I viewed as a Pitt fan and they consistently mispronounced Pitt's players names too and the quality of their game calls has gotten worse.
    Don’t be sorry. My bubble is still properly inflated. It can’t be popped by a stick that is stuck in the mud :) was just trying to have some fun. I’ll move along.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      often after Luke scored the announcers said ‘Waters is wet’. They were complimentary of the size/sound of the NW crowd and also talked a lot about NW’s recent accomplishments
      I like that, Waters is wet.

Comment

What NWMO has done is absolutely remarkable IMO. They lose two players in the last two years that, in no way, belong in D2…..and once again they haven’t missed a beat! I agree…when will a big time D1 AD hire this guy! Sounds like he’s been involved with some smaller D1’s, but elected to stay…who can blame him?

Comment

Just realized NW scheduled back-to-back games this weekend vs UNK and FHSU! Saturday 3:30 pm and Sunday 3:30 pm. Why in the hell would we do a bonehead thing like that?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
            Just realized NW scheduled back-to-back games this weekend vs UNK and FHSU! Saturday 3:30 pm and Sunday 3:30 pm. Why in the hell would we do a bonehead thing like that?
            Graduation?

Comment

ya gotta be bc the semester is ending finals are this week. they do it for the post season tourneys it’s not a big deal after a week off
              Go Bearcats!
              M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Because it's finals week. Sunday game was originally scheduled for Thursday

Comment

Did Trevor Hudgins ever get a dunk during his playing days at NW?

October 15, 2022 Houston Rockets
                  https://twitter.com/i/status/1581395122414972929

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                    Did Trevor Hudgins ever get a dunk during his playing days at NW?

October 15, 2022 Houston Rockets
                    https://twitter.com/i/status/1581395122414972929
                    He used to put some down in warmups every now and then, but I don't remember if he actually ever attempted one in a game. I watched him play Monday on YouTube. Broadcaster said on several occasions that he's made the most 3 pointers in the G-League... granted he's probably attempted the most or close to it, but range is definitely not an issue. He makes a ton of good passes, some pretty slick... they didn't always finish, but he looks like he belongs.

Comment

• NW men over UNK 84-74. Lead was about 20 when Ben pulled the starters. 5 ‘Cats in double figures and props to Luke who topped 1,000 career pts. Tough 1 today vs 7-1 Ft Hays with less than 24 hrs rest.

Comment

• NW hands Hays their 2nd loss 64-49 in a tough defensive battle. Hays had over a week off, NW less than 24 hrs off. DB was on fire again

Comment

• This team plays a little different offensively than some of the prettier offenses we've had in the past that were predicated on crisp ball movement and making shots. I am curious to see what our efficiency numbers look like compared to some of those teams that were getting recognized outside of Maryville... we're still scoring at a pretty good clip. We move the ball with our motion to initiate, but rather than a lot of movement around the perimeter and outside shooting (we still do this some of this with pick and pop's, etc.), but the ball stops more and guys are looking to create off of dribble penetration. I'm not being critical... it's just interesting and shows that we've adjusted to our strengths. Diego and Isaiah are slashers, Luke still turns down a lot of open 3's and looks to drive, Stirtz also probes the defense with the dribble quite a lot. Diego and Stirtz are really good at finding people off the drive, whether it's kickouts or dump-offs for layups. Diego still gets going a little too fast occasionally, but he has really stepped up his offensive game and played well so far this year... leading by example.

Comment

• While talking about Byron’s game yesterday(sat entire 1st 1/2 but played most of 2nd half)Ben mentioned the T-shirts he had made for the team this year: ‘This program is not for everyone’ to emphasize what it takes to play for him. Lots of team comes first and self sacrifice. He talked about the challenges of getting the right 5 on the court at the right time.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                              While talking about Byron’s game yesterday(sat entire 1st 1/2 but played most of 2nd half)Ben mentioned the T-shirts he had made for the team this year: ‘This program is not for everyone’ to emphasize what it takes to play for him. Lots of team comes first and self sacrifice. He talked about the challenges of getting the right 5 on the court at the right time.
                              Spoke with a parent of a player yesterday, as we chatted I asked why doesn't his son do more of this (don't want to give away who it is) when he did it well in HS and he said, his son told him...Dad, my job is to do this, that and the other, when they ask me to do that for the team I'll be ready. Quite refreshing in today's more individual accolade environment. Ben sure does seem to get almost total buy in from the guys he recruits to do things his way. Impressive to say the least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                                This team plays a little different offensively than some of the prettier offenses we've had in the past that were predicated on crisp ball movement and making shots. I am curious to see what our efficiency numbers look like compared to some of those teams that were getting recognized outside of Maryville... we're still scoring at a pretty good clip. We move the ball with our motion to initiate, but rather than a lot of movement around the perimeter and outside shooting (we still do this some of this with pick and pop's, etc.), but the ball stops more and guys are looking to create off of dribble penetration. I'm not being critical... it's just interesting and shows that we've adjusted to our strengths. Diego and Isaiah are slashers, Luke still turns down a lot of open 3's and looks to drive, Stirtz also probes the defense with the dribble quite a lot. Diego and Stirtz are really good at finding people off the drive, whether it's kickouts or dump-offs for layups. Diego still gets going a little too fast occasionally, but he has really stepped up his offensive game and played well so far this year... leading by example.
                                Not going to take time to look for it again but a week or so ago I saw a tweet that said NW had the most efficient offense in college basketball again so far this season. Had comparisons to teams in D2 and all other divisions.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X