Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
    Ok smart guys... with USF and Winona both winning tonight and not helping us out, what's Augie's best case scenario for next weekend (other than winning our games, obviously)?
    I think if Augie/Wayne sweep USF/SMSU next weekend and UIU loses one, Augie could be South #2. Does that seem right? They can’t overtake Wayne but I think if things fall right they could pass everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

I think if Augie/Wayne sweep USF/SMSU next weekend and UIU loses one, Augie could be South #2. Does that seem right? They can’t overtake Wayne but I think if things fall right they could pass everyone else.
      But I think it’s also possible if they lose both they could end up #7 and miss the conference tourney all together. The South is wild this year.

Comment

• Great game in Bemidji. The Beavers got a stop at the end to win it 88-87. A few thoughts...

MOORHEAD: Like Northern, lots of talent on the floor, but not quite at NSU's level. I like Beeninga. He's quick, fast, and gets after it defensively. His seasonal 3-pt % is a decent .374, but his form is outstanding, and his 5-11 tonight was impressive. McGee & Baumgartner played well but not up to the All-NSIC expectations. Zimmer had a decent game, but I expected him to get on track, and that didn't happen. Just like NSU, only three offensive rebounds in the game? I thought Moorhead didn't get back on defense well, but when I looked at the stats, both teams gave up about a dozen fast break points each. Their rotation was also tight; they played only seven and three with 38+ minutes each.

BSU: Great recovery from a challenging game last night. Generally, I think Kone (21 pts) & Sutherland (19 pts) make us go, but Albrecht stepped up with 22 points (10-16 fgs). Only 18 minutes of bench play, but it seems to be working. Several key transition baskets caught Moorhead a bit flat-footed. Congrats to Coach Boschee & the Beavers. 12-8 in the NSIC, and 4th place is pretty good for a team predicted 15th of 16.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
          If Vikings win out. They would own the tiebreaker over MSU, UIU and SMSU. Right?
          What are the tiebreakers? Is it head-to-head first, and if that's split what does it go to?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mark Emmert's Burner View Post

What are the tiebreakers? Is it head-to-head first, and if that's split what does it go to?
            It's my assumption that if teams finish with the same record and one wins home and away such as Augie has versus UIU and the MAVS and hopefully does Thursday vs. the MUSTANGS have an advantage. However, Augie has lost twice vs. WAYNE and WINONA. If someone knows the seeding formula please feel free to share it with us.

Comment

1. Head to Head
              2. Divisional Record
              3. Head to Head vs descending divisional opponents
              4. Point Rating system vs divisional opponents (not sure what this means)
              5. Head to Head vs descending non division opponents
              6. Point Rating vs non division opponents
              7. Coin Flip

Comment

• As it stands today here are the tiebreakers

USF over WSC, AU, WSU
                WSC over SMSU, UIU, AU, WSU
                SMSU over USF, UIU, MSU, WSU
                UIU over USF
                MSU over USF, WSC, UIU
                AU over SMSU, UIU, MSU
                WSU over UIU, MSU, AU

Of course this will change a lot after next weekend. The four games between USF/SMSU and AU/WSC will go a long way toward determining seeding. USF, WSC, and SMSU all control their own fate in regards to getting a bye and only those three have clinched a spot in the tourney. UIU/MSU/AU could also get a bye with help but could be eliminated if it goes badly next weekend.

Comment

1. Head to Head
                  2. Divisional Record
                  3. Head to Head vs descending divisional opponents
                  4. Point Rating system vs divisional opponents (not sure what this means)
                  5. Head to Head vs descending non division opponents
                  6. Point Rating vs non division opponents
                  7. Coin Flip
                  My guess is that points rating is points for versus points against. Highest positive spread wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by DapperDan View Post

My guess is that points rating is points for versus points against. Highest positive spread wins.
                    I actually found it. It is a rating system similar to Performance Indicator with more points for wins vs better teams and more points for road games. I wouldn’t think it would come into play here but I could be wrong.

Comment

As it stands today here are the tiebreakers

USF over WSC, AU, WSU
                      WSC over SMSU, UIU, AU, WSU
                      SMSU over USF, UIU, MSU, WSU
                      UIU over USF
                      MSU over USF, WSC, UIU
                      AU over SMSU, UIU, MSU
                      WSU over UIU, MSU, AU

Of course this will change a lot after next weekend. The four games between USF/SMSU and AU/WSC will go a long way toward determining seeding. USF, WSC, and SMSU all control their own fate in regards to getting a bye and only those three have clinched a spot in the tourney. UIU/MSU/AU could also get a bye with help but could be eliminated if it goes badly next weekend.
                      What an absolute cluster****... I love it!

Comment

• My games to watch this weekend...

Thur, 5:30 & Sat, 3:30 - just ALL of the South games this weekend. It really does blow my mind how compacted that division is, and that teams like Augie & Mankato could get the 2-spot and get a first-round bye or get the 7-spot and miss the tourney altogether.

Comment

My games to watch this weekend...

Thur, 5:30 & Sat, 3:30 - just ALL of the South games this weekend. It really does blow my mind how compacted that division is, and that teams like Augie & Mankato could get the 2-spot and get a first-round bye or get the 7-spot and miss the tourney altogether.
                          Saturday there is a whole array of start times 1, 2, 3, 3:30 & 4 so I would advise you to double-check the start time for the team you want to watch(or listen to)

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

Saturday there is a whole array of start times 1, 2, 3, 3:30 & 4 so I would advise you to double-check the start time for the team you want to watch(or listen to)
                            Good catch! This last week is throwing me for a loop with the home-and-away, Thursday games, and now this.

Comment

• The Warriors have a must-win tonight. Love and hate that it's against Mankato. Hopefully, they can win this one and make Saturday matter

Comment

• Augustana has picked it's up from mediocracy going 5-1 since January 27, to be in a position to make the conference tournament. Augie's 4 freshmen have gotten better to help facilitate the teams improvement..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X