Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Despite a thin rotation, BSU sweeps the road trip with a 90-71 win at Mary. 11-7 in the NSIC. Congrats BSU!

Comment

• Good bounceback game for Augie. A Wayne win over Winona would've been nice. Concordia beating SMSU is interesting. And Mankato murdering USF probably isn't helpful for Augie's NSIC Tourney hopes, but makes me happy nonetheless.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
        This is a TERRIBLE crew at Northern today. Justin will get T'd up at least once.
        There it is.

Comment

• Northern State University, your 2022-23 NSIC Northern Division and NSIC overall Champions. Time to go get sized for rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post
            This is a TERRIBLE crew at Northern today. Justin will get T'd up at least once.
            This is going to by the rare official appreciation post on this message board. I thought the crew tonight managed this game extremely well. I have seen officials get in front of a big crowd and try to be the show instead of officiate it. It was an intensely played game but nothing crazy. Overall only maybe a few missed calls either way. And they manages Wieck wonderfully. They let him have his say and told him more than once that it was enough. He finally earned his T when the game was all but decided. Good job refs!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post

This is going to by the rare official appreciation post on this message board. I thought the crew tonight managed this game extremely well. I have seen officials get in front of a big crowd and try to be the show instead of officiate it. It was an intensely played game but nothing crazy. Overall only maybe a few missed calls either way. And they manages Wieck wonderfully. They let him have his say and told him more than once that it was enough. He finally earned his T when the game was all but decided. Good job refs!
              I can now die peacefully as my life is now complete. :)

Comment

• Tonight was a very good win for NSU. Masten was spectacular again. He just has a way of controlling the game that is rare at this level. It didn’t feel like the Wolves shot very well, but we’re 50% from the field and 8-20 from 3 if you take out Kobe’s 1-6 (sometimes you’re open for a reason). I will give Kobe credit though, he gave NSU some very important minutes after Belka picked up his 3rd foul. He played solid defense and grabbed some rebounds. Dilling had a great game after struggling a little last night. 15 pts, 9 ast, 6 reb is a Masten stat line.

Moni and Belka did a great job defensively when Duluth tried to pound it inside. Andrews is an awkward looking fella sometimes. Moni and Belka also did a great job of scoring in the post as well. Belka has really developed a nice post game and I would like to see him do it more.

Wieck is obnoxious. He’s easily my least favorite coach in the NSIC. He started complaining from the jump and finally got his T. I was surprised to see him throw in the towel at 5 minutes and take Blair and Andrews out down 16. Blair was starting to really push the issue on offense and he can score in bunches. He made one of the deepest threes I’ve ever seen tonight.

It was another successful “I Hate Winter” weekend. Now NSU just needs to take care of business over the final two weeks of the regular season. Go Wolves!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thunder View Post
                  Tonight was a very good win for NSU. Masten was spectacular again. He just has a way of controlling the game that is rare at this level. It didn’t feel like the Wolves shot very well, but we’re 50% from the field and 8-20 from 3 if you take out Kobe’s 1-6 (sometimes you’re open for a reason). I will give Kobe credit though, he gave NSU some very important minutes after Belka picked up his 3rd foul. He played solid defense and grabbed some rebounds. Dilling had a great game after struggling a little last night. 15 pts, 9 ast, 6 reb is a Masten stat line.

Moni and Belka did a great job defensively when Duluth tried to pound it inside. Andrews is an awkward looking fella sometimes. Moni and Belka also did a great job of scoring in the post as well. Belka has really developed a nice post game and I would like to see him do it more.

Wieck is obnoxious. He’s easily my least favorite coach in the NSIC. He started complaining from the jump and finally got his T. I was surprised to see him throw in the towel at 5 minutes and take Blair and Andrews out down 16. Blair was starting to really push the issue on offense and he can score in bunches. He made one of the deepest threes I’ve ever seen tonight.

It was another successful “I Hate Winter” weekend. Now NSU just needs to take care of business over the final two weeks of the regular season. Go Wolves!
                  I concur with it all. I didn’t realize NSU shot that well from 3 and Duluth looked pretty lethargic the whole game. I love Blair’s game but he didn’t impress me at all tonight and wasn’t as aggressive as I thought he should have been.

Wieck is unbearable. He has a lot of Sather in him without the personality. Sather knew when to get after officials but would joke with them the next few times down the court. Wieck is just a wreckless complainer.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                    Good bounceback game for Augie.
                    That was a proper ass whooping. Peacocks didn't look like they were into the game at all. Too busy worrying about being jackasses on YikYak.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrAugustana View Post
                      Good bounceback game for Augie. A Wayne win over Winona would've been nice. Concordia beating SMSU is interesting. And Mankato murdering USF probably isn't helpful for Augie's NSIC Tourney hopes, but makes me happy nonetheless.
                      Upper classmen did majority of scoring, but Hinker 12pts and 9 boards was sweet..

Comment

• Originally posted by The Yette View Post

That was a proper ass whooping. Peacocks didn't look like they were into the game at all. Too busy worrying about being jackasses on YikYak.
                        Was expecting an angry bunch of Duax's and Hilmers after losing to Wayne Friday. Not often Peacocks lose twice at home on a weekend. Vikings were on fire shooting 53%, 47% 3pt, 86% Ft.

Comment

• Yeah, we're not a playoff team

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
                            Yeah, we're not a playoff team
                            Maybe not, but it would be great if you could play like one for the next two games.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post

Was expecting an angry bunch of Duax's and Hilmers after losing to Wayne Friday. Not often Peacocks lose twice at home on a weekend. Vikings were on fire shooting 53%, 47% 3pt, 86% Ft.
                              Terrible weekend for UIU. Both nights got down big and couldn't get out of the hole. Just terrible....last weekend against Moorhead and Northern we played extremely well, thought with the lead in the south in balance we'd have a bit more bounce, but as someone said looked like we were sleep walking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Peacock View Post

Terrible weekend for UIU. Both nights got down big and couldn't get out of the hole. Just terrible....last weekend against Moorhead and Northern we played extremely well, thought with the lead in the south in balance we'd have a bit more bounce, but as someone said looked like we were sleep walking.
                                You gotta tip your hat to Auggie. They were shooting lights out. But the guys looked exhausted out there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X