• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

If only things could go our way just once! Lol
    There's always next year.

Comment

• What's wrong with NWfanatic, it's been at least 3 weeks since he reminded everyone of the number national championships NW has accumulated.

Comment

• Austin Meyer has to be the front runner for conference COY, does he not? Taking the Bearcats women from a predicted 6th (media) / 7th (coaches) place conference finish to being the 2 seed in the MIAA tournament and in line to make their first tournament in 13 years. Good stuff.

Comment

• He should be in the running but it’ll probably be the MoWest coach

Comment

• Good wins to end the regular season for men and women

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
              ”…reminded everyone of the number (of) national championships NW has accumulated.”
              Thanks for the plug VikingFaithful! 😎

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                He should be in the running but it’ll probably be the MoWest coach
                MoWest basically did what they're supposed to. I'd think Meyer is the obvious choice. Ferguson did a pretty good job with Northeastern in his first year as well, I doubt he wins it but wouldn't be bothered if he did.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                  He should be in the running but it’ll probably be the MoWest coach
                  Good call. Announced today that Candi Whitaker won it.

Comment

• Congrats to Ben, Wes, Isaiah, Bennett & Mitch
                    Last edited by NWFanatic; 03-05-2024, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Rubber game between Northwest and MoWest 6:00 pm at the Muni in the MIAA Conference Qtrs

Comment

• Originally posted by D2Rover View Post

MoWest basically did what they're supposed to. I'd think Meyer is the obvious choice. Ferguson did a pretty good job with Northeastern in his first year as well, I doubt he wins it but wouldn't be bothered if he did.
                        Every year this comes up. There are some conferences somewhere that reward the overachieving underdogs with COTY, but not the MIAA. In the last 12 seasons, the conference champ or co-champ has won COTY 9 times on the women’s side and 10 times on the men’s. The last time it didn’t happen on the men’s side was 2018, when the COTY was Missouri Southern’s Jeff Boschee, who finished 2nd in his 2nd year - I think the coaches decided McCollum can’t win more than three in a row. On the women’s side, it hasn’t happened since 2016 - ironically, the last time MWSU won the conference. They named co-COTYs, the two coaches that finished two games behind Edmisson in the standings.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Every year this comes up. There are some conferences somewhere that reward the overachieving underdogs with COTY, but not the MIAA. In the last 12 seasons, the conference champ or co-champ has won COTY 9 times on the women’s side and 10 times on the men’s. The last time it didn’t happen on the men’s side was 2018, when the COTY was Missouri Southern’s Jeff Boschee, who finished 2nd in his 2nd year - I think the coaches decided McCollum can’t win more than three in a row. On the women’s side, it hasn’t happened since 2016 - ironically, the last time MWSU won the conference. They named co-COTYs, the two coaches that finished two games behind Edmisson in the standings.
                          Yeah, I remember that. I think Western was picked like six or eight or something really low that year too.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Yeah, I knew that it was probable that the conference champion’s coach would win… I was just putting my own Heisman campaign out there for Austin. Candi has done a fantastic job at MoWest… Great hire from the start and she deserves her accolades. I’m just a bit shocked NW has played itself into this position and I’m still not convinced they’re even that good. They sure don’t look like it when they play the Griffs. I could just as easily see them losing tomorrow as winning. I never dreamed this team would have a chance at the post season, but hopefully they keep proving me and all those preseason voters wrong!

Comment

• Originally posted by southside View Post

Yeah, I remember that. I think Western was picked like six or eight or something really low that year too.
                              I had to go back and look - they were picked 5th. The co-coaches of the year were both picked ahead of them, so by whatever standard you want to use, Rob should have been the choice. (Heard him do color for the home NW games - he did a nice job).

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Yeah, I knew that it was probable that the conference champion’s coach would win… I was just putting my own Heisman campaign out there for Austin. Candi has done a fantastic job at MoWest… Great hire from the start and she deserves her accolades. I’m just a bit shocked NW has played itself into this position and I’m still not convinced they’re even that good. They sure don’t look like it when they play the Griffs. I could just as easily see them losing tomorrow as winning. I never dreamed this team would have a chance at the post season, but hopefully they keep proving me and all those preseason voters wrong!
                                I think nw has a good shot. A win would help for sure. Tourney time and some crazy movement can happen. AM has done a good job getting nw women back on track.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X