Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Jayson Jorgensen is really good on the play by play too. If he is who I think he is, he's my favorite guy (probably by far) to listen to on the network. I believe he does UNK games.
    You are correct that was him.

Comment

• Who’s headed to MN? We’re heading up Friday afternoon and several friends are heading up early Saturday morning. I expect NW to have a respectable turn out.

Comment

I see both sides of it…. I mean Ben could’ve won the damn award 11 straight times if you just awarded the winner every year. I mean, he couldn’t really do any better than he did by winning, and if you’re picked first, you don’t have the opportunity to exceed expectations. On the other side of it, recruiting and those things are something that takes place over time and not necessarily limited to THAT year. So I can side on giving it to the coach of a team that over-performed their expected result. Especially if they don’t necessarily have the same caliber of players, which circles back to where we started. I don’t think either one is wrong.
        I see both sides of it too. Either way is OK.

Comment

• We might be a little bit spoiled....

Comment

• Imho Ben is the John Wooden of D2 Men’s basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
              Imho Ben is the John Wooden of D2 Men’s basketball
              Or is John Wooden the Ben McCollum of D1 basketball? Just kidding.
              The consistency is crazy... The record speaks for itself.

Comment

Or is John Wooden the Ben McCollum of D1 basketball? Just kidding.
                The consistency is crazy... The record speaks for itself.
                30.3-3.3 average over 10 yrs is amazing.

Comment

Imho Ben is the John Wooden of D2 Men’s basketball
                  Nice coincidence hearing John Wooden's name on the board. Three hours ago I had just purchased a book of stamps honoring UCLA Coach John Wooden. Walked out of that post office thinking back in 1977 when John Wooden came to the NW campus and spoke to a big crowd in the old 1000-seat Deerwester Theater that was a huge wing of the north side of the Northwest Missouri State Administration Building. The basement had featured a couple gyms from the days when the building was built back in 1905. Unfortunately, less than a couple years later, that historic theater fell victim to and lost in the massive fire to hit the Administration Building in July, 1979. I was a huge fan of John Wooden and his UCLA teams who were so dominant, even though I was cheering harder for the great Maury John's Drake Bulldogs (Des Moines) when they faced Wooden's Lew Alcindor-led Bruins team in the 1969 NCAA Final Four ... lost by 3 points. Refs stole that game from Drake in those closing seconds. Still, to this day, John Wooden was the greatest. NW HC Ben McCollum is deserving of comparisons at this point. So young ... and so many coaching years ahead of him.
                  Last edited by ZubCat81; 03-15-2024, 08:23 AM.

Comment

• Throwback to the past ... Current men's HC Ben McCollum #3 and current women's HC Austin Meyer #34 in a February, 2003 game vs Truman State. (Note: Click on picture to make it smaller)

Last edited by ZubCat81; 03-14-2024, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
                      Throwback to the past ... Current men's HC Ben McCollum #3 and current women's HC Austin Meyer #34 in a February, 2003 game vs Truman State. (Note: Click on picture to make it smaller)

Austin looks older in this pic than he does today.

Comment

• NW is staying at same hotel as we are…talked to a few as they headed to watch Duluth vs Hays
                        We’re headed to Wow Zone for the 1st of hopefully 3 tailgate parties

Comment

NW is staying at same hotel as we are…talked to a few as they headed to watch Duluth vs Hays
                          We’re headed to Wow Zone for the 1st of hopefully 3 tailgate parties
                          The WOW!!!!!!! Zone

Enjoy your stay in Kato!

Comment

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

The WOW!!!!!!! Zone

Enjoy your stay in Kato!
                            Any port in a storm😎

Comment

• Nice easy win to open up the regional... good balance, Daniel is still on a tear. Get to go against Drew Blair and Duluth tomorrow. I wonder if Isaiah will draw the assignment of trying to make his life miserable. NW is playing really well right now, but the 'Cats had two tough ones against FHSU during the season. Duluth and FHSU just played a 1 point game... should be a good one. I was kind of glad to not see FHSU again... just too much familiarity.

Comment

• Great defense from NW-which really came in handy during a couple of scoring droughts.
                                Should be a tough game tomorrow given how close the Hays/NW games have been and how evenly matched Hays/Duluth were.
                                NW had now avenged 3 of their 4 loses. I’d love to see them have a chance to avenge the 4th

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X