Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tough night for both NW teams…the men couldn’t buy a FG for most of the game

Comment

When do the requests begin to fire Ben McCollum from the NW crazies?

Comment

Not the same situation as with FB.

Comment

Originally posted by ichabodhater View Post
          When do the requests begin to fire Ben McCollum from the NW crazies?
          McCollum has 4 National titles. Wright has 0…. I think Ben gets another year. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
            That’s a disappointing loss. Nothing against Fort Hays, but I didn’t feel they played particularly well either. They certainly played better than we did and looked like they wanted it more making the hustle plays that we weren’t.

Moustakis made an appearance tonight. I never did get the scoop on why he hadn’t been playing, but maybe as he gets more time, he can help us offensively. We need it.
            He had decided he wanted to redshirt but had played in scrimmages, apparently you can't do that...they were trying to get a waiver...must not have gotten it.

Comment

Big crowd at UNK today… looks like a WNBA game.

Comment

Nice turnaround by NW men after their disastrous showing vs Hays and congrats to Lady Bearcats on their 2pt win

Comment

NW men win a slugfest over WU @ home 68-65. They sure could’ve used Byron tonight but he was on the bench with a boot on

Comment

Where did everybody go? We might not be world beaters anymore, but (at least for now), we’re still atop the MIAA!

Comment

It’s too quiet for sure. Ben and Austin both have their teams playing great now. Wes and Mitch seem to have found their groove, Bennett always dependable, Byron’s healthy and Isaiah even shoots some.
                      Men are still 1st and Women are tied for 1st

Comment

Even when we've been the best team in the country, there's probably less than 10 of us that consistently comment much on the basketball side of things, but yeah it's been really quiet around here. Hopefully, it'll start to pick up now that break is over and we're back into the conference season. This team is good... I'm not 100% sure of how good yet. It's still a struggle offensively at times. Dreamer has been great for the most part, and Stirtz is consistently good, but the rest is kind of up and down. It's not as "pretty" as the Bearcat offense of old, but some of those teams had 4 and 5 guys that could shoot the 3 at a high clip and that's not what we have right now. These guys compete and they defend and they've been winning games. That's what's important. Seems like Ben might be starting to shorten the bench a little... in the last couple of games, only 6 players have gotten significant minutes. The league seems to have a lot of parity with everyone in the middle beating up on each other.... I expect us to lose a couple of more along the way, need to win the home games while stealing some on the road. Big one this weekend at rival Missouri Western.

Comment

NW has crept back up to #14 in 1 of the polls but they have a tough game against MoWest this Sat. The frigid temps/recent snow may keep the crowd small but should be a good game. We sprung for chair backs behind the bench and a prepaid parking pass(tix/parking $5.00 higher at the gate)
                          Last edited by NWFanatic; 01-10-2024, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                            NW has crept back up to #14 in 1 of the polls but they have a tough game against MoWest this Sat. The frigid temps/recent snow may keep the crowd small but should be a good game. We sprung for chair backs behind the bench and a prepaid parking pass(tix/parking $5.00 higher at the gate)
                            What are we talking, like 30s?!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

What are we talking, like 30s?!
                              I wish…-9 and high winds Sat evening with more snow tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                                I wish…-9 and high winds Sat evening with more snow tomorrow.
                                OK fine, you're right. I thought it was maybe just more southerners being dramatic about the "cold"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X