Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

word on the street Coach Schneider is gone-moved to Iowa and out of coaching
    Last edited by NWFanatic; 09-03-2023, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
      word on the street Coach Snyder is gone-moved to Iowa and out of coaching
      Snyder as in Zach Schneider?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Augieholic View Post

Snyder as in Zach Schneider?!?!
        That’s the rumor-hoping it’s wrong

Comment

That’s the rumor-hoping it’s wrong
          From a really good source...it is not wrong.

Comment

Huge loss for Ben and the Bearcat program ... obviously. "Out of coaching"? Thought it was in his blood, so if true, just surprising. I think he finished with his master's degree at NW awhile back ago. Anyone know what field he pursued? Any idea where in Iowa he is moving to?

Comment

Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
              Huge loss for Ben and the Bearcat program ... obviously. "Out of coaching"? Thought it was in his blood, so if true, just surprising. I think he finished with his master's degree at NW awhile back ago. Anyone know what field he pursued? Any idea where in Iowa he is moving to?
              His Twitter bio says KC -> Maryville -> DSM

Comment

The Website still shows Zack as Asst head coach and still has last years roster but does have the ‘23-‘24 schedule up

Comment

The Website still shows Zack as Asst head coach and still has last years roster but does have the ‘23-‘24 schedule up
                  He has moved on to a Commercial RE job in DSM.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

He has moved on to a Commercial RE job in DSM.
                    Yes-Kiersten is staying til end of FB season. Word is that Xavier will take his place plus some speculation Diego may join the staff

Comment

Yes-Kiersten is staying til end of FB season. Word is that Xavier will take his place plus some speculation Diego may join the staff
                      Heard she was staying until she has a job in DSM. Didn't ask about replacements, but that would make sense.

Comment

Roster updated and Xavier still listed as Asst Coach. Diego not in staff.

Comment

Starting to get geared up for the season with less than 3 weeks before the season's opening tipoff between Northwest and Northern State in St. Joseph, MIssouri.

WIth an already loaded roster, Northwest only brought one freshman into the fold (Padraig Gallager), but he's not the only newcomer. The Bearcats also brought in a rare transfer this year. Though it's not a common way for Ben to fill out a roster, he's had success with transfers in the past... salute to Joey Withus, Da'Vonte Mosby, etc. The young man averaged 18.4 points a game and shot 43% from three at Lake Region State College last year (yeah, I haven't heard of it either, but some of our NSIC friends may have). Northwest was a little light at the guard position, so he does fill a need. There is a connection to the Bearcats as Javion would have played with Bennett Stirtz at Liberty High School, where they would have been coached by MBCA Hall of famer and Bennett's father, Roger.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                            Starting to get geared up for the season with less than 3 weeks before the season's opening tipoff between Northwest and Northern State in St. Joseph, MIssouri.

WIth an already loaded roster, Northwest only brought one freshman into the fold (Padraig Gallager), but he's not the only newcomer. The Bearcats also brought in a rare transfer this year. Though it's not a common way for Ben to fill out a roster, he's had success with transfers in the past... salute to Joey Withus, Da'Vonte Mosby, etc. The young man averaged 18.4 points a game and shot 43% from three at Lake Region State College last year (yeah, I haven't heard of it either, but some of our NSIC friends may have). Northwest was a little light at the guard position, so he does fill a need. There is a connection to the Bearcats as Javion would have played with Bennett Stirtz at Liberty High School, where they would have been coached by MBCA Hall of famer and Bennett's father, Roger.

From the beautiful shores of Devils Lake, ND to NWMSU. I don't know anything about him, but I know Lake Region is a bad basketball program, even for a low level JUCO. They were 3-27 last season.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

I've heard next to nothing about how this year's team looks other than Ben mentioning the 6'7" and 6'8" redshirts from last year who can shoot the ball. It's been eerily quiet.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

I've heard next to nothing about how this year's team looks other than Ben mentioning the 6'7" and 6'8" redshirts from last year who can shoot the ball. It's been eerily quiet.
                                It has been quiet... even though there are several guys that have gotten good minutes, if Wes Dreamer hadn't decided to come back, this would almost feel like an entirely new team. It kind of does anyway after 4 years of Hudgins and 5 with Diego. Last year was a large roster compared to what we have had in the past, with all of those redshirts you mentioned. I'm looking forward to seeing what all these new faces bring. We still don't have a BIG big, but it looks like we could have a little more size overall... Stirtz and Jackson are bigger guards that can post little guards and it would seem that there are stretch 4's everywhere! I talked to Isaiah a couple of times this summer and know he was really working on his shot... if he becomes a confident shooter, he could take a really big step and be dangerous in this league.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X