Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d like to welcome the NW fans back to basketball fan reality after your 10 year hiatus…. :)

Comment

Fire Ben McCollum before it gets to the point where your football team is! Lol!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
        We dribble too much. Dreamer is playing well, but I still think we miss him or get it to him late too many times on the pick and pop action. We need to find some shooting to help him and Bennett out. Mascari shot well yesterday. Abreu can shoot, but if he misses a couple early, he stops being a willing shooter from the outside. I hope he's just working himself back in, but Isaiah looked like Isaiah... didn't even look at the basket. I still believe he is capable of being a key part of this team on that end, but he has to be willing to take shots. What's up with Moustakas? Is there an injury, is he in trouble, in the doghouse, not on the team anymore? It's got to be one of those, right? He's gotten 0 minutes. He may not be as strong defensively, but he is a guy who definitely isn't afraid to shoot, has good size, can post and rebound too... I'm just surprised he's not getting any time.

It's early.... can't say I'm too worried about anything yet. Playing a good preseason schedule is good for these guys and I trust Ben to iron things out on both ends. I think we're still going to be a strong team, but the margin for error may not be as great as it has been. Home game on Wednesday!
        Moustakas isn't hurt or in the dog house...not sure the real reason is out there for public consumption yet...they're working on some things to see if they can help him do what he would like to do...which really isn't anything bad thing for him or the team going forward. Hopefully, they'll get things worked out so they can announce what is going on. Sorry, didn't want to say anything that could cause issues with what they're trying to do.

Comment

Hope no one shows up at Lamkin today. Kind of confusing…NWMSU from Maryville MO plays UMSL in Moloney Arena at Simon Athletic Complex on the campus of Maryville University in St Louis Mo…whew😎
          We’re in town for the game and Turkey day with friends..hoping for a good game
          Impressed with the NW crowd-gray turnout for Turkey Day Eve
          For all you old timers on here Coach Tapp is at the game as expected 😎
          Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-22-2023, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Final NW 71 UMSL 41
            NW O looked better-Mitch had a great game

Comment

Congrats to Wes on being picked as week 2 MIAA men’s POW -he averaged over 26 pts a game that week

Comment

Both NW teams win at home vs MoSo
                women by 10
                men by 4
                Last edited by NWFanatic; 11-30-2023, 11:41 PM.

Comment

Bobby Bowden once said about building a program, “First, you lose big, then you lose close. Then you win close, and finally, you win big.” Austin may finally have the Northwest women trending in the right direction. In year's past, when we've been close games, but ahead after 3, it always seemed we'd come up short, so to pull ahead and win a game like that is a good sign. I'm not sure where MoSo is in the pecking order this year... they lost a lot from last year's team, but 6-0 is the best start in 25 years for the lady Bearcats.

Spencer Schomers provided a somewhat surprising, but much needed spark for the men last night. This team has some rotations that lack scoring and we get into some droughts. Spencer came in and knocked down some 3s and had an impressive 2 handed dunk off of a Stirtz lob. It's nice to see his development. I'm glad the little guy for MoSo waited until the end to start trying... geez! That dude had 13 points in the last 2 minutes! It was fun to be back in Bearcat Arena watching a couple of ballgames.

Comment

The NW women were impressive again today. They go 9-10 deep and though they may not really have “star” players, there’s not a lot of drop off…. They keep coming at you in waves.

The men have missed a bunch of bunnies today. I hope it doesn’t come back to bite them.

Comment

Men win by 10 over Pitt

Comment

This has nothing to do with Northwest, but William Jewell is 3-1 against the MIAA (MoWest beat them by 2)... I would've never dreamed. They used to be one of the teams we'd schedule during Christmas break when there were hardly any fans just to get a game in. I'm not sure if that says more about their program or the strength of the MIAA. I guess we'll find out.

Comment

Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                          This has nothing to do with Northwest, but William Jewell is 3-1 against the MIAA (MoWest beat them by 2)... I would've never dreamed. They used to be one of the teams we'd schedule during Christmas break when there were hardly any fans just to get a game in. I'm not sure if that says more about their program or the strength of the MIAA. I guess we'll find out.
                          Jewel is pretty good. They can shoot the 3. Was at the mowest game. Griffs won on a bucket with about 5 seconds left and trailed most of the game. It was actually a really good back and forth game. Jewel could/should have won the game.

Comment

Congrats to Bennett-MIAA POW

Comment

This game has been hard to watch. We had 19 points at half time and have now gone over 8 minutes in the second half without a FG…. Somehow we’re only down 4. As challenged as we are offensively, I think what we’re missing the most from last year is Diego’s energy. The amount of offensive rebounds we’ve given FHSU tonight just because we’re being out hustled is not something we’re used to. Win or lose, this team has a long ways to go to be near what our lofty (unrealistic) standards have been.

Side note: Dreamer 0-8 from 3 isn’t go to happen often. Many of them have been WIDE open too. There’s just no one to pick him up when he’s off.

Comment

That’s a disappointing loss. Nothing against Fort Hays, but I didn’t feel they played particularly well either. They certainly played better than we did and looked like they wanted it more making the hustle plays that we weren’t.

Moustakis made an appearance tonight. I never did get the scoop on why he hadn’t been playing, but maybe as he gets more time, he can help us offensively. We need it.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X