Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the emannuels aren’t impressed i’m sure.
    Go Bearcats!
    M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

• Regional championship game here we come! Looked real good early, but Duluth wouldn’t go away. I thought Isaiah really played well today. Had the assignment of guarding Blair and put up 14 points. Daniel had another nice game despite early foul trouble limiting his time in the first half. Bennett was great at controlling the tempo and getting to the basket. Didn’t shoot as well as yesterday, but a good gritty win.

Drew Blair can score… I thought Isaiah defended him really well, but when the game was over, he still had 21 points. A couple of the 3s he hit were absolute moonshots. One he hit over Wes Dreamer would have had to been fair caught if it was a punt.

It thought NW got a little out of rythm trying so hard to pick up that 3rd foul on Blair when he came back in the game in the first half. They still tried to take advantage of it in the second half, but made the adjustment of having Isaiah set the screen to force Drew to switch on Stirtz. There was also a few times that after they got that switch they ran another screen with Dreamer to force the switch again to a post scorer. I thought those were subtle but smart moves by Ben. I think he’s going to be a pretty good coach someday.
      Last edited by Alfred33; 03-17-2024, 07:45 PM.

Comment

• Props on the dominant win in the quarters (and today too)

If you guys didn't see it, Bigler went out of his way in postgame yesterday to talk about Abreu's improvement over the course of the season and how much of a difference Jackson made yesterday too

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
          Imho Ben is the John Wooden of D2 Men’s basketball
          So does NW also have a bagman like Sam Gilbert who paid all the ucla players. Which at that point was illegal to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by simple as a $3 bill View Post

So does NW also have a bagman like Sam Gilbert who paid all the ucla players. Which at that point was illegal to do.
            No

Comment

• NW had the advantage of larger, louder fan base the 1st 2 games but Tuesday night will be totally different. Hopefully they can feed off the intensity. They lit up on 3’s last night, shot poorly tonight, hopefully Tuesday will at least be a normal output.

they will really need to adapt to Mankato’s shot blocking and need to step it up from the foul line to make it to the E8 for the 7th time

Comment

NW had the advantage of larger, louder fan base the 1st 2 games but Tuesday night will be totally different. Hopefully they can feed off the intensity. They lit up on 3’s last night, shot poorly tonight, hopefully Tuesday will at least be a normal output.

they will really need to adapt to Mankato’s shot blocking and need to step it up from the foul line to make it to the E8 for the 7th time
                It'd be nice to take Mankato out in their house like they did us in 2018. They look pretty salty though... we're going to have to play well on both ends.
                Last edited by Alfred33; 03-17-2024, 10:25 PM.

Comment

• Any guess with the number of Bearcat fans turning up for each of the first two games vs SMSU and UMD?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

It'd be nice to take Mankato out in their house like they did us in 2018. They look pretty salty though... we're going to have to play well on both ends.
                    No sir. It’s even at this point. Haha

NW beat MSU in Mankato in 2013/2014. So MSU was the one getting even. All good now. No reason to win to even anything out on Tuesday! 🙂

Comment

• Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

No sir. It’s even at this point. Haha

NW beat MSU in Mankato in 2013/2014. So MSU was the one getting even. All good now. No reason to win to even anything out on Tuesday! 🙂
                      That's fair.

Comment

• Northwest ties:

Former Northwest women's coach Mark Kellogg has the West Virginia Mountaineers women in the tournament in his first season there. He was hired at WVU by former Northwest AD Wren Baker. Baker's name has been mentioned on Mizzou boards amidst their AD search. Kellogg took over a 6 win team and guided the Bearcat women to a 15-13 record in his only season at Northwest... makes you wonder where that program might have gone if he'd stuck around longer. I didn't know this until today, but Kellogg is the 6th winningest active D1 coach in the country (Stephen F. Austin). If WVU can win their first game, they will likely get a shot at Caitlin Clark and Iowa.

Comment

• Tough way to end it... second year in a row, we had our 5th year senior MIAA player of the year at the line and couldn't connect. I feel so bad for him... that's just a ton of pressure in that kind of environment. Great career and we wouldn't have been there without him. It would almost feel better to get blown out than lose like that.

Comment

• Isaiah also missed the front end of a 1-1…those are games NW usually pulls out in the end. I think fatigue was a factor in some of the misses. Still proud of them…it’s been quite a ride..congrats to Daniel and Bennett

Comment

Isaiah also missed the front end of a 1-1…those are games NW usually pulls out in the end. I think fatigue was a factor in some of the misses. Still proud of them…it’s been quite a ride..congrats to Daniel and Bennett
                              Not securing the defensive rebound on the other end when they got 3 attempts and ended up with free throws was a big sequence too. But yeah, for sure... couldn't be more proud of this team. They're just all really good young men and they grew a lot this year. It's always a little sad when it's over. Unless you are a Mizzou fan.... I couldn't wait for that to end! lol

Comment

• another successful championship season. that would be the takeaway after the sting of losing in the ncaa's like that fades.
                                Go Bearcats!
                                M-I-Z-Z-O-U!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X