Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Mac living life like he’s got a 3-1 count. Happy to see he finally got a pitch he was looking for. Hope he makes the most of it! As in football, we had a nice run!

Comment

• There should be a good candidate pool for this job, one would think. Wonder if names get leaked before the hire is announced.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
        Looks like Ben’s ready to change with the times and embrace transfers(he was one), portals & NIL. Maybe he’ll get another shot at Duke someday😎

Coach Mac really doesn't have the option of NOT pursuing the transfer portals. Many players from this Drake team have left the team to throw their name in the transfer portals, and this all happened BEFORE a new coach was announced. Unfortunately, at this time, Drake players looking for a new team include all four returning starters, as well as the first two guys coming off the bench. As the Bulldog faithful mention on the Drake Nation message boards, the positive thing is that the players are still on campus to finish the semester. Maybe some, maybe even most, just might have a change of mind if they get the chance to meet McCollum. A really nice positive for Coach Mac is that there are alot of kudo's on X or twitter from coaches and media around the country strongly in support of McCollum getting named as the new Head Coach at Drake.
        Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-01-2024, 11:33 PM.

Comment

• Funny coincidence…NW beat SWMSU worse than Drake did😎

Comment

• Will be interesting to see how many of Drake's current assistant coaches will either be retained, or will even express their interest to stay onboard with McCollum. I still think it would be in Coach McCollum's interest to have a nice sit down chat with Zach Schneider. Two strong points that work in Zach's favor. Obviously, he KNOWS Coach Mac, and he totally gets Coach Mac's coaching style, methods, moods and all the other intricate buttons that make Mac tick. Another nice thing that no one should forget about Zach Schneider ... it wasn't too long ago I seem to recall he was recognized and named the top assistant basketball coach in NCAA DII. Am I right about that? Pretty sure I am. If so, what year was that? Regardless, Zach Schneider would be a huge benefit to fit in as one of HC Ben McCollum's assistant coaches. I do remember NW players and his former Bearcat teammates talking about Zach as tireless and one of those guys who loved to study the game. Players loved to laugh about his quirks. Forget what those were now. (ha)

Drake Bulldogs 2023-2024 Player and Coaches Roster

https://godrakebulldogs.com/sports/m...ketball/roster
            Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-02-2024, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ZubCat81 View Post
              Will be interesting to see how many of Drake's current assistant coaches will either be retained, or will even express their interest to stay onboard with McCollum. I still think it would be in Coach McCollum's interest to have a nice sit down chat with Zach Schneider. Two strong points that work in Zach's favor. Obviously, he KNOWS Coach Mac, and he totally gets Coach Mac's coaching style, methods, moods and all the other intricate buttons that make Mac tick. Another nice thing that no one should forget about Zach Schneider ... it wasn't too long ago I seem to recall he was recognized and named the top assistant basketball coach in NCAA DII. Am I right about that? Pretty sure I am. If so, what year was that? Regardless, Zach Schneider would be a huge benefit to fit in as one of HC Ben McCollum's assistant coaches. I do remember NW players and his former Bearcat teammates talking about Zach as tireless and one of those guys who loved to study the game. Players loved to laugh about his quirks. Forget what those were now. (ha)

Drake Bulldogs 2023-2024 Player and Coaches Roster

https://godrakebulldogs.com/sports/m...ketball/roster
              Beyond coaching, he's got a lot of work to do to maintain the talent at Drake. DeVries son (21.7ppg) left with his Dad for obvious reasons. Ben's gonna have to hit the portal too.

Comment

• This is all Wren Baker’s fault😎

Comment

• I am quite positive that one coach is really disappointed to see Ben leave....................................Maryville High School basketball coach!

Comment

• I think you see them go outside the family to some degree... The name I've heard makes good sense. Spent a little time at NW but has been outta town for a while.

Comment

• They probably have ex UCM coach on speed dial since he was an assistant coach

Comment

• Does Bennett follow Ben to IA?

Comment

• I don’t really know anything about him, but I wonder if the William Jewel coach is on anyone’s radar. 3 years ago, they won like 5 games… this year they were 3-1 against the MIAA and made the tournament.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheTrain View Post
                            I think you see them go outside the family to some degree... The name I've heard makes good sense. Spent a little time at NW but has been outta town for a while.
                            Bryston Williams?

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post
                              I don’t really know anything about him, but I wonder if the William Jewel coach is on anyone’s radar. 3 years ago, they won like 5 games… this year they were 3-1 against the MIAA and made the tournament.
                              I actually wonder if any low level Division I coaches would take a step down. Thinking like what Saul Phillips did going to Northern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearcat Moon View Post

Bryston Williams?
                                Bryston Williams and Jesse Shaw both fit that description.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X