Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's Matt Wallace doing these days? I know his brothers have been coaching at a pretty high level at a D3 in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alfred33 View Post

Bryston Williams and Jesse Shaw both fit that description.
      My 5 minutes of intel/research say Bryston would be a better choice than Shaw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post

My 5 minutes of intel/research say Bryston would be a better choice than Shaw.
        Bryston’s resume is intriguing. I would be on board with it for sure. Young guy that could really relate to players. That NBA experience might also look cool for potential recruits. I don’t know if it’s a conflict of interest that would hurt or help his chances, but he’s married to our ADs sister in law.

Jesse is also a young coach… and has head coaching experience. He did have some success as a HC at the Juco level and then as an assistant at UMSL that led to his hiring at Maryville.

Those are just a couple of names I’ve heard floated. The thing that’s hard to know and compare when looking at a coach and his records, etc is whether the school supports the athletic program like it does at NW. I’m not necessarily talking about either of these guys, because I don’t know anything. That said, I think there can be good Xs and Os coaches that could be hampered by budget restrictions and other things in their current situations. Just a thought.

Comment

• Is it unusual that there’s still nothing on the NW Athletic website about Ben being gone?
          Last edited by NWFanatic; 04-02-2024, 09:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
            Is it unusual that there’s still nothing on the NW Athletic website about Ben being gone?
            I don’t know… oversight maybe. They congratulated him on their X (Twitter) and Facebook pages.

Comment

Is it unusual that there’s still nothing on the NW Athletic website about Ben being gone?
              Are they clinging to a false hope that it might have been an April Fools' prank?

Comment

• https://gowyo.com/sports/mens-basket...-williams/2850

Comment

• Originally posted by hudsoncat View Post
                  I'm going to be super happy for Ben. Tomorrow. I too am interested to see if anyone hits the portal. Whether to try to follow coach to Drake or move on elsewhere. I think it will be interesting to see if the players bought into the overall Northwest culture or bought into the coaching. No judgement either way. Gotta do what is best for them.
                  There are 14 Bearcats in this 2023-24 team photo. The services of #10 Wes Dreamer and #22 Mitch Mascari have finished their careers. Incredible talent. But I see 10 other Bearcats in this team photo who ALL got to player together and win games together, even for that long spell late in the season when the huge talents of Byron Alexander and Wes Dreamer were fighting injuries and fighting to get healthy. Again, all that in the home stretch of the season. But 10 guys pictured below came together and fought together, and THEY WON! The best part of it all, we all got to be exposed to some of the young talent we rarely got to see up to that point. Don't know about any of you, about I was left giddy. Simply this. There is a bond on this team that I think keeps this team looking ahead with some big aspirations for 2024-25. There is a load of talent on this team that can come back next season that will be entertaining and fun to watch. They will win games. And, they know it. Can't wait to see the talents #2 Ja'Vion Byers and #35 Padraig Gallagher bring next season. I think Bearcat basketball in 2024-25 really could be one of the good ones. Can't wait. I really do believe that they can't wait either. Be hopeful, HudsonCat! (ha)

Last edited by ZubCat81; 04-03-2024, 02:15 AM.

Comment

I thought that too. Surely the admin can’t be butt hurt? Coaches leave at this level with a fraction of the tenure and success. They must know they are extremely lucky to keep a coach with this resume for this long.

I would have thought a huge thank you Ben story would be posted cob the next day.

maybe it’s me???

Comment

• There is a big ‘ Thank you’ post with numerous comments on the NW athletics FB page but the last post on the BB web page is dated 03/27/24.

Comment

I don’t really know anything about him, but I wonder if the William Jewel coach is on anyone’s radar. 3 years ago, they won like 5 games… this year they were 3-1 against the MIAA and made the tournament.
                        Chris McCabe...he was an Associate AD when my daughter was in HS at Liberty North...great guy...excellent coach. I thought his hire at Jewell was a gamble...he had very little college experience and that was from several years before...but he has done an awesome job with Jewell.

Comment

• McCabe was one of the names I heard mentioned. I dont know if he's interested or not. Of note, he was Stirtz' top assistant before he went to Liberty North.

Comment

• Looks like Andy is going to be replacing a baseball coach too as Coach Lowe announced his retirement. Not nearly as much pressure to get that one right. Hard to believe Lowe has been here for 25 years.

Comment

Looks like Andy is going to be replacing a baseball coach too as Coach Lowe announced his retirement. Not nearly as much pressure to get that one right. Hard to believe Lowe has been here for 25 years.
                              This one feels like a "retire, resign, whatever but you are done here"

Comment

Looks like Andy is going to be replacing a baseball coach too as Coach Lowe announced his retirement. Not nearly as much pressure to get that one right. Hard to believe Lowe has been here for 25 years.
                                Small shoes to fill for his successor.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X