Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NSIC Men's Tournament

Originally posted by Stanger86 View Post
    That home floor sure helped both Sioux Falls men's teams this week.....
    In my Kellogg's salesman er salesperson days I drove from Sioux Falls to Marshall and back once a week, two cups of coffee on the way up and the Cannon Mess on the way back. Certainly SMSU enjoyed the relatively short drive to SF judging by Mustang fan support. Maybe the tourney can move to Fargo/Moorhead or back to Rochester maybe everybody would be happy then. There is probably no perfect location. Again congrats to the Mustangs.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingfaithful View Post
      In my Kellogg's salesman er salesperson days I drove from Sioux Falls to Marshall and back once a week, two cups of coffee on the way up and the Cannon Mess on the way back. Certainly SMSU enjoyed the relatively short drive to SF judging by Mustang fan support. Maybe the tourney can move to Fargo/Moorhead or back to Rochester maybe everybody would be happy then. There is probably no perfect location. Again congrats to the Mustangs.
      I'm not making a case for anyone or anything, but...would people on here like it if it were to rotate between two or three sites? (SF/Fargo/TC) Obviously most would sayou no since Sufu is close to all of the strongest fan bases (Fargo is just a hair shorter thay SF for Aberdonians). Just a thought, not really a proposal but I'm sure the Huskies, Green Beavers, Mavs, Bears and Bulldogs would appreciate it, that said, most of those don't get ever 1000 to a game...so idk

Comment

Originally posted by NSU4LIFE View Post
        I'm not making a case for anyone or anything, but...would people on here like it if it were to rotate between two or three sites? (SF/Fargo/TC) Obviously most would sayou no since Sufu is close to all of the strongest fan bases (Fargo is just a hair shorter thay SF for Aberdonians). Just a thought, not really a proposal but I'm sure the Huskies, Green Beavers, Mavs, Bears and Bulldogs would appreciate it, that said, most of those don't get ever 1000 to a game...so idk
        I just did a dive into the attendance numbers. The tournament attendance is very much tied to how deep Augustana and/or Northern go into the tournament. This year, total attendance was down by over 2,500 fans compared to two years ago (last year's numbers are incomplete, but I'd guess its similar to 2015). But this year's were likely hurt due to Augie and Northern being on the same side of the bracket and neither making it to the championship.

I think if you put it at any other site, you probably will still get similar numbers for the non-local games, averaging 700 to 900 for most of the games. In Rochester, I don't think a game ever drew much more than 1,500 fans (that WSU-SMSU game was 1,453 attendance). But since the tournament moved to SF, you can still get those averages for the non-local/regional fan bases but get 2500-3000 for Northern and Augie games. At $16 a ticket, that extra thousand fans adds up quickly.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
        Working...
        X