Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the GLIAC still around?

What you're doing is equivalent to pointing to University of Kentucky and talking about the violations that happened under Eddie Sutton. They have nothing to do with today's brand of Kentucky basketball.

It's kind of funny, though. Every time there's a new USI poster on the board it seems like the first thing they want to do is start talking about KWC's violations under Harper. It seems like a very unhealthy obsession to me.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
      Not even kind of the same thing. The period you are obsessed with is just a fraction of the total history of our program. The 8 titles and all of the success we have had as a program are what make us a "dynasty". The Chris Thomas "barber school" incident that you are so in love with is one small scratch on the surface of the entire body of work that is the KWC basketball program. It's done and over and we paid the price. Our program, including the titles, lives on, and is back on the upswing. So I will back track a little on my earlier comments about the relevance of the things you are tossing about - they are relevant in the context that they are part of the history of our program - an unpleasant part, but a part nonetheless. They are NOT relevant in the context of the current academic and athletic culture of the program. So when I say it's not relevant, what I mean is that it is behind us and has no bearing on anything going on with the program today. There's absolutely no reason for you to be obsessing over it. It happened. KWC was punished, and KWC ultimately improved it's athletic department administratively as a result.
      I respect what you said in the bold. We have the same issue at USI because of the Herdes scandal, and none of us are proud he was caught. We have tried to do things "right" with Coach Watson, but as you learned with Todd Lee, that does not make fans happy if you don't win big. That is why I say Watson is in jeopardy of losing his job if USI isn't in the NCAAs this season. The fan base is restless, and I understand why.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
        What you're doing is equivalent to pointing to University of Kentucky and talking about the violations that happened under Eddie Sutton. They have nothing to do with today's brand of Kentucky basketball.

It's kind of funny, though. Every time there's a new USI poster on the board it seems like the first thing they want to do is start talking about KWC's violations under Harper. It seems like a very unhealthy obsession to me.
        If you go back and look at my posts, I have praised Harper for his Xs and Os, even put him above Bruce Pearl in that regard. I am not obsessed with Ky. Wesleyan in the least. I love the rivalry with them and was sorry to see the series cancelled (by whom, I have no idea. Both sides spin it so much I don't know!). That is why I can't wait for Nov. 19, the Battle for the Bridge resumes on a neutral floor. Trust me, if you point out the violations that occurred under Herdes and Pearl and Sinn, I will have no problem owning them as a USI fan. The difference is, Pearl and Sinn were not dumb enough to get caught.

Comment

By the way, Davenport begins play in the GLIAC in 2017-18, and personally I think they could be the best team in the conference from day one. Frequent NAIA elite eight participant in the last few years. With as bad as the GLIAC is in men's basketball, as long as they can keep their players eligible that they have been competing with at NAIA, I think they'll be very successful in the league when they begin.
          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Thoughts on the GLIAC? I think Saginaw and Findlay will be the best teams in the league. Ashland would have been right up there by they lost Wendell Davis for the year. Saginaw gave Michigan State all they could handle in an exhibition game and then got smoked by Butler, but they probably have the most talent of any team in the league. Findlay apparently beat Gannon and West Liberty by over 30 points in scrimmages and then nearly beat Dayton in an exhibition game.

Comment

Originally posted by dabatl View Post
              Thoughts on the GLIAC? I think Saginaw and Findlay will be the best teams in the league. Ashland would have been right up there by they lost Wendell Davis for the year. Saginaw gave Michigan State all they could handle in an exhibition game and then got smoked by Butler, but they probably have the most talent of any team in the league. Findlay apparently beat Gannon and West Liberty by over 30 points in scrimmages and then nearly beat Dayton in an exhibition game.
              Definitely think SVSU is the top team in the region. They return most of their team from last year. We will find out a lot in the first game of the year with BU playing SVSU in Northwood. Don't really see such an important game so early in the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X