281)8?
    Boom
    It takes 4 to tango
    Comms good
    These people are stupid
    Cross the Delaware

Comment

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Wod thumped Lake Superior in large part because we participated in a FT shooting contest and didn't allow LSSU to play in it. On a neutral court they beat us 9/10 times. But I believe LSSU and Hillsdale this year were better than any of the other GLVC teams, minus Bellarmine. Ohio Dominican I forgot about so would exclude them. Next year however Bellarmine will be the top dog in the region. Drury, Truman and Lewis will be much better. Stan is not getting it done at Indy and USI will be worse. But very likely a GLVC team will be back in the elite 8.

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
      If by "non-GLVC teams" you mean Findlay and Ferris, I guess so. Both of those are top 10 national teams. If you take a look at the other non-GLVC teams in the region (Ohio Dominican, Lake Superior, Hillsdale), I think you're way off. Wod thumped Lake Superior, and they were about the only good team he was able to beat all year. If you take away the GLIAC and GMAC's best team, you could say the same thing about either of those leagues. Take Ferris out of the GLIAC and the only team they got into the regional got beat by 17 by the 6th best team in the GLVC.

Again, I'm not saying the GLVC is definitely still dominating the region, but overall the GLVC HAS dominated the region since they put the regional system into effect. That's an indisputable fact. After that run, to look at this year and say that the GLVC is "terrible" because they didn't win the region is idiotic. Will this year be a blip and we'll see another run of 6 of 8 years where the Elite 8 representative from this region is from the GLVC? Who knows. No one can answer that until it happens. People were probably saying the GLVC "dominance" was over when KWC's runs ended 15 years ago too. Then St. Joe's made an E8, SIUE made an E8, Bellarmine made a bunch of them, and Drury went to a couple (has USI also made one since then?). Here we are 15+ years after KWC went to their last Elite 8 and the GLVC has dominated that stretch of time.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
        Just to clarify what I was saying - When I say "the GLVC doesn't dominate the region" anymore, I'm not as much defining that as winning the regional tournament but moreso the concept that if you were to have every GLVC team play every GLIAC and G-MAC team, the GLVC would come out as the dominant league. Which is not something that's been tested of course, but I mean just from the eyeball test you could have made the case that even before the G-MAC existed the GLVC would be like 80-20 against the GLIAC in that kind of thing. I don't know if it makes sense to explain it that way. The overall point that I was trying to make was that the three leagues, taken as wholes, no longer represent a CLEAR "Excellent, Decent, Bad" type of hierarchy within the region like they did even as recently as last season. That said, I DO still think the Midwest region as a whole has to be considered one of, if not the strongest region in D2.
        Irregardless kwc sucks. And they are bringing the region down. Once the power now a dumpster

Comment

If Dru is a white hat he will stay far away from the darkness that is USI.

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
          Dru Smith
          Perhaps
          alpha foxtrot
          281)8?
          Boom
          It takes 4 to tango
          Comms good
          These people are stupid
          Cross the Delaware

Comment

If KWC gets Anderson as their coach they won't be down for long.

Originally posted by Slayer View Post
            Irregardless kwc sucks. And they are bringing the region down. Once the power now a dumpster

Comment

Originally posted by Slayer View Post
              Your mommy must have never gave you the teet. You might want to hold off until next season is over, sugar teet.
              Last edited by alumnifan; 03-16-2018, 02:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
                If Dru is a white hat he will stay far away from the darkness that is USI.

You have the pieces
                MAP
                Never let you down
                Astley
                Future proves past
                [1]
                [2]
                FlyRodFly

Comment

• Misspellings matter

Comment

• Comment

• But I thought Wod only got the bad calls

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Tico View Post
                        But I thought Wod only got the bad calls
                        They're good at blaming the Ls on the refs.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Comment

If they bring in Calbert they will have some huge crowds and lots of local support!

Last edited by WestSideMafia; 03-16-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X