X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

EdinboroFb you may wanna get your stats more accurate-

Wrestling has hardly been 500 the past few years

"My use of wrestling earlier was just as examples of numbers...in response to other posters using psac avg salaries, sport revenue, etc. I think I said wrestling has been .500 for the last few years......"
    5-1 in the EWl this year!

http://www.gofightingscots.com/docum...ts.pdf?id=1988

Comment

2014-15 14-5-0
      2015-16 8-11-0
      2016-17 9-6-0
      2017-18 8-5-0

Last "few" years: 39-27-0 .590

Comment

When I said that originally and I was referring to that original statement in that last post....they were 23-22 the last 3 years. THey won their last 2 matches to make it 25-22. I know this is tough.
        Last edited by EdinboroFB; 03-23-2018, 02:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post
          Hey Reiber-Thanks for the Link-I really did not even need to read and hear the craziness of this whole thing, but reading it is helpful in light of what is actually REALITY in Edinboro!!
          It is a shame the University has not addressed it - but given the situation with the President, they may have bigger problems.

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post
            No Need to be aggressive here-Just turning the lights on the whole situation for you-

1)Bruce is not a bully-everyone in McComb and the community knows that

2)Her bags are packed and she is often not here working anyhow :wink:

3)Selfish-all about her-not about bettering Edinboro University or the students or the team she is hired to coach-

Question: How does a volleyball coach spend 8 hours a day during an 8-month off-season? I pose this to many sports at the D2 level (not just volleyball). They can play on chalkboards and watch film until they go insane but that gets old real quick. Recruiting. How much time is allowed during the off-season (weekly) for team workouts? Most don't teach anymore. Perhaps I'm missing something. I know the 'coach speak' answers would say there isn't enough time in the day in mid-June, etc. But, what's the reality? What are the requirements of the assistants? I'd find it very hard to believe assistants (basketball, for example) don't have other jobs in the off-season. The pay is pretty bad at this level (with some exceptions).

Comment

Edinboro wrestling coach is the new head coach at WVU. I wonder if that will impact the suit if the comparison salaries change.

Comment

Is the victory lap next? But the news story here mentions Tiering, I really wish that question could be answered.

What boxes have to be checked, in order to be a Tier 1 sport? If I was a betting man, I'd bet that the coaches salary isn't part of the equation, but only time will tell?

http://www.erienewsnow.com/story/379...s-to-mediation

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                  Is the victory lap next? But the news story here mentions Tiering, I really wish that question could be answered.

What boxes have to be checked, in order to be a Tier 1 sport? If I was a betting man, I'd bet that the coaches salary isn't part of the equation, but only time will tell?

http://www.erienewsnow.com/story/379...s-to-mediation
                  I am beginning to think this whole "tiering" is myth like the loch ness monster since no one has been able to define it or provide any clear information.

Comment

Imagine a scenario, where you were individually being sued, on a criteria that no one knows or understands? At the end of the day, it's the taxpayers of PA left footing the bill?

As a business person, I know this, if you sign a bad contract, it's an awfully hard thing to overcome?

Comment

Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter?

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                        Damn it, who typed a question mark on the teleprompter?
                        ? Do you know the answer? I've asked like 10 times?

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                          Imagine a scenario, where you were individually being sued, on a criteria that no one knows or understands? At the end of the day, it's the taxpayers of PA left footing the bill?
                          What is there to understand? Even if it was mentioned in her contract it would be a thing. Even if Boro athletic department had a structure like another school that does have a "tier system" it would be a thing. Meanwhile, today Flynn took his entire coaching staff with him to WVU. Seems like the writing is on the wall to me.

Comment

http://gofightingscots.com/news/2018...vancement.aspx

Comment

Is it just me or does Baumgartner bear an uncanny resemblance to Captain Kangaroo?

Comment

That's what you call a "deal."

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X