Lock Haven 1.1
    Maercyhurst 5.8
    Millersville 1.2
    UPJ 4.7
    Seton Hill 5.2
    Shippensburg 2.9
    Slippery Rock 2.6
    West Chester 1.6

Her salary went from $64K in 2016 to $73K in 2017 which is a 14% increase.
    Edinboro's volleyball record went from 25-8 .757 to 22-10 .687 in 2017 which is a 9% decrease.

What's the source for that info. I'd like to see the other sports also.

Those numbers are from 2015 and Boro VB won the Psac west in 15' and blew a 2-0 lead at Gannon in 16' or they would've won the west again.. but they still made the sweet 16 nationally in 2016. Looks like a lot of parity with 7 schools between 4.7 - 6.4 scholarships.

I'd also wonder how much the other schools are giving in academic money compared to the Boro.

Comment

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
      Perhaps they should argue, "at the rate in which you are funded & your lack of success, your salary was more along the lines of a charitable donation, than a Title IV violation"

We always question, "with the resources, how isn't Gannon football, better?" It would appear Edinboro volleyball is Gannon or Seton Hill Football?

If lack of success means your salary is a charitable donation. What about MBB?

What about that 60+ thousand wrestling made over the other D1 psac schools like say Lock Haven who won the psac and finished much higher last year for about half the salary. How much funding do those other sports fundraise for scholarships? I still never heard and you would have the info...how many other sports use their camp money for fundraising/scholarships other than VB? If everyone is so worried about scholarships.. seems every sport would put their camp money directly to scholarship.

Comment

[QUOTE=BoroLetterman;2205661]
        Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        Hey, I don't claim to be no legal scholar here but it seems Sobeleski has already won this thing. The wrestling coach and his staff have moved on to another university, the AD has been moved into a made up position (Image that, one of the USA's most decorated Olympians forced out of the athletics dept.) and this will likely impact the funding formulae in the athletic department greatly.

WHEN Will you people get it? The Wresting coach and his staff did NOT move on becasue of this! Are you going to say the Tennis and Lacrosse Coaches move on because of this too? Seriously people, c'mon.

I thought wrestling was so loyal and committed to the Boro....and that's why they never left. Now its just a coincidence theyre leaving now? Of course this is part of why they left. Losing the wrestling AD would be a big hit for them ( and they knew it was coming) on top of the other stuff going on at Edinboro making winning at any sport more difficult going forward.

Comment

[QUOTE=EdinboroFB;2205677]
          Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post

I thought wrestling was so loyal and committed to the Boro....and that's why they never left. Now its just a coincidence theyre leaving now? Of course this is part of why they left. Losing the wrestling AD would be a big hit for them ( and they knew it was coming) on top of the other stuff going on at Edinboro making winning at any sport more difficult going forward.
          Why are you always so spiteful on here?

Comment

If it is a coincidence ... it's quite the coincidence. Jus sayin'

Comment

[QUOTE=Fightingscot82;2205695]
              Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post

Why are you always so spiteful on here?
              Are you stupid? Read the last few comments from other Boro posters. Calling bull**** to some of their comments on here isn't spiteful. But please accept my sincerest apologies if I offended your delicate sensibilities. Please anyone else offended by my comments can get a free hug Saturday at the spring game.

Comment

[QUOTE=EdinboroFB;2205737]
                Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Are you stupid? Read the last few comments from other Boro posters. Calling bull**** to some of their comments on here isn't spiteful. But please accept my sincerest apologies if I offended your delicate sensibilities. Please anyone else offended by my comments can get a free hug Saturday at the spring game.
                You post a lot of negative comments on here about Edinboro. We have enough real challenges that we don't need you posting negative things about coaches, programs, etc. Either support Edinboro or move on.

Comment

[QUOTE=Fightingscot82;2205740]

You post a lot of negative comments on here about Edinboro. We have enough real challenges that we don't need you posting negative things about coaches, programs, etc. Either support Edinboro or move on.
                  Everything I say has been the opposite viewpoint to your buddies at Edinboro/Mccomb...arguing the opposite side. And most is in response to others stupid comments....... Negative posts about coaches and programs so does that include volleyball?
                  Last edited by EdinboroFB; 04-25-2018, 07:23 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=EdinboroFB;2205742]

Everything I say has been the opposite viewpoint to your buddies at Edinboro/Mccomb...arguing the opposite side. And most is in response to others stupid comments....... Negative posts about coaches and programs so does that include volleyball?
                    Speak your mind, it's refreshing.

Comment

Yes because your "source" is a force of negativity in that building. A lot of your posts echo the sentiment of the coach's lawsuit. It only makes Edinboro look like a mess. Totally unnecessary.

Comment

Yes because your "source" is a force of negativity in that building. A lot of your posts echo the sentiment of the coach's lawsuit. It only makes Edinboro look like a mess. Totally unnecessary.

Sounds like it is a mess, ... isn't it?

You two should fight at the Boro Spring Game with all proceeds (ticket sales) going to women's volleyball. lol.

Comment

In addition to the negativity he & she spread rumors and lies- IE: Boro wrestling moving to Div II, etc. etc. Simply NOT true at all during this time AND not helpful! Seems like its rooted in your girlfriends jealousy and law suit and trying to rip a whole athletic department apart. All over money for herself!? C'mon we all know she has the best housing aid of any team-and I hope that comes up in court too! How much more can you really want and ask for when the school is trying to make it and just doesn't have it!

Comment

C'mon we all know she has the best housing aid of any team-

Who's we all?

Comment

I think you missed my point about does that include VB. I was referring to negative comments by other boro posters directed at that sport. Do those comments make edinboro look bad? I thought you were neutral...LOL.
                              I know a lot of people in Edinboro. The town and school. You think my source is one person youre mistaken. My posts are in response to others. Only sport I mentioned yesterday was MBB in response to the basketball poster's ******* comment. The post you referenced about me being spiteful...wasn't a dig a wrestling it was saying the poster was an idiot...in response to his posts.

Edinboro looks like a mess... was that a secret? What are we doing the former presidents message board propaganda campaign. Saving Edinboro one post at a time?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Sounds like it is a mess, ... isn't it?

You two should fight at the Boro Spring Game with all proceeds (ticket sales) going to women's volleyball. lol.
                                We can add the other couple boro posters that have hurt feelings. I'll be the guy in the Boro Volleyball tee...wont be hard to find.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X