Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

You can't compare one school to the next. VB could be Tier 1 at Boro but get Tier 3 status at West Chester. Same conference. Drastically different value assigned. Not to mention this isn't a salary cap conference ... i.e. all aren't created equal. The PSAC has the rich and the poor ... and the rest are in the middle.

Each school has to pick its top couple.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      You can't compare one school to the next. VB could be Tier 1 at Boro but get Tier 3 status at West Chester. Same conference. Drastically different value assigned. Not to mention this isn't a salary cap conference ... i.e. all aren't created equal. The PSAC has the rich and the poor ... and the rest are in the middle.

I have a hard time seeing it that way. You compare apples with apples, not favorite fruit with favorite fruit. I'll be shocked if the teiring system means they should be paid similarly.

If there isn't a need to keep things consistent between schools then why bother with the union?

Comment

I am beginning to think that Tiering has absolutely nothing to do with the compensation of the head coach, it has to be based on scholarships, full time asst coaches etc etc etc

If it had anything to do with the HC's salary, don't you think we would've had a real definition by now?

The actual suit only speaks to her pay. If there was an actual salary floor for a Tier 1 coach at Edinboro, we wouldn't be here. My guess, is that no one really has a definition, and someone is simply trying to get paid? Other Tier 1 coaches salaries are being called into question, not scholarships, not support staff, just salaries.

I think we've just made some headway into the situation?
        Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 02-17-2018, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          I have a hard time seeing it that way. You compare apples with apples, not favorite fruit with favorite fruit. I'll be shocked if the teiring system means they should be paid similarly.

If there isn't a need to keep things consistent between schools then why bother with the union?
          Now you guys seem to be inferring that there has to be some explicit language defined in "the tiering system" to legitimize her claim of disparity There doesn't. The other Tier 1 coaches salaries are just a point of reference that Soboleski and her lawyers have based their claim on. It would be up to the court to determine if it's a legitimate comparison or not if it isn't settled beforehand.

Comment

And wouldn't that choice to pick a tier be about the students and their funding not the coaches?

Comment

We go silent, and then we have news? And oddly enough, not a single mention of Tiering in this article?

http://www.goerie.com/news/20180223/...coachs-lawsuit
              Last edited by VoiceOfReason; 02-23-2018, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                We go silent, and then we have news? And oddly enough, not a single mention of Tiering in this article?

http://www.goerie.com/news/20180223/...coachs-lawsuit
                Nor is there any mention of Sharon Stone or Josh Koscheck or wheelchair basketball or playing host to the upcoming EWL championships. Go figure. Maybe because the article has nothing to do with tiers.

Comment

Tiering has EVERYTHING to do with the lawsuit,Tiering is the lawsuit. Clearly you haven't read it?

Comment

Tiering has EVERYTHING to do with the lawsuit,Tiering is the lawsuit. Clearly you haven't read it?
                    You seem to struggle with the reading stuff. Your link earlier that you shared thinking it said you were right but it didn't. You struggle with reading comprehension. Here is Iupgroundhog's statement.. "Maybe because the "article" has nothing to do with tiers." You accuse me of being too close to be objective. I think that seems to be more your case here.

Comment

We missed you guys!

Comment

I get it now. Anything remotely related to the lawsuit you are going to make a general comment about tiers or tiering. Fine. I can come to terms with that. Now will somebody tell me where I can read the actual lawsuit, please?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                          I get it now. Anything remotely related to the lawsuit you are going to make a general comment about tiers or tiering. Fine. I can come to terms with that. Now will somebody tell me where I can read the actual lawsuit, please?
                          I got it through pacer.gov for $2.50.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiber View Post
                            I got it through pacer.gov for $2.50.
                            Great. Thanks.

Comment

-
                              Last edited by BoroLetterman; 03-04-2018, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Hey Reiber-Thanks for the Link-I really did not even need to read and hear the craziness of this whole thing, but reading it is helpful in light of what is actually REALITY in Edinboro!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X