Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Finally got a chance to read the official lawsuit complaint. First, I sure hope that any accusations of professional misconduct that are found to be true are fixed immediately. Second, I don't agree with the methodology. I think its a hard sell to say that "Tier 1" coaches should be paid comparably to each other or comparable to their PSAC counterparts. Should a successful women's volleyball coach (2 staff, 18 coaches) be paid as much as the football coach (7 staff, 2 GAs, 75 students)? Lastly, including misconduct accusations about coworkers totally unrelated to the complaint sure as heck won't fix the feelings of alienation in the department.

Unfortunately the complaint doesn't really define the "tier" status. It simply describes "Tier 1" being selected for being the most competitive within the conference and thus getting preferred funding and salaries. I don't know how the Edinboro women's VB budget compares to others in the conference. I don't think its fair to compare funding between sports at the same school unless we're comparing men's and women's of the same sport.

I love Edinboro and want this to be resolved but holy crap I don't think I would endure the misery described in this complaint. At some point I would have just put all my extra energy into getting the hell out of the environment I didn't want to do. But that's me. Fight or flight.
    The complaint is filled with inaccuracies. As a female who has experienced discrimination in the workplace, the claims made are offensive and insulting to those who have been discrimination and/or mistreated. Maybe the players should be asked about how they were treated???

Comment

It seems as though there is a lot of misinformation out there.

Comment

This will be an Outside the Lines story before long.

It's only going to get deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiber View Post
          The complaint is filled with inaccuracies. As a female who has experienced discrimination in the workplace, the claims made are offensive and insulting to those who have been discrimination and/or mistreated. Maybe the players should be asked about how they were treated???
          I don't think that matters if there are. The entire argument is whether "Tier 1" coaches salaries should be comparable to each other or to their conference peers of the same sport. I would assume the latter because no two sports are equal. When I've asked to have my salary adjusted it was compared with my position at similar companies not people with the same title in other offices (some of which are offices of 1 and others have almost a dozen staff).

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I don't think that matters if there are. The entire argument is whether "Tier 1" coaches salaries should be comparable to each other or to their conference peers of the same sport. I would assume the latter because no two sports are equal. When I've asked to have my salary adjusted it was compared with my position at similar companies not people with the same title in other offices (some of which are offices of 1 and others have almost a dozen staff).
            It does matter when evaluations and raises are part of performance. Salary is not completely dependent on the sport in higher education.

Comment

If youre gonna throw out that their are "inaccuracies"... Atleast, say what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                This will be an Outside the Lines story before long.

It's only going to get deeper.
                Perhaps, OTL, I know it won't be a Disney movie!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                  If youre gonna throw out that their are "inaccuracies"... Atleast, say what they are.
                  Reading the forum and seeing you are closely connected to the situation, it is apparent wrestling is the true target. Pay at Edinboro is not based on gender. It also implies she is the only one at Edinboro that is faced with restrictions on recruiting. There are also numerous instances of heresay. It implies the plaintiff has been only compliant and adhering to university policies. School employees are mandatory reporters; if the plaintiff was aware of a situation involving a minor, she should have reported the incident to the appropriate officials and police. I hope this goes to a jury trial so the true circumstances and occurances can be revealed. The University needs to address the complaint and allegations so the public is aware, and this is not just a one sided, skewed story.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                    Perhaps, OTL, I know it won't be a Disney movie!!!!!
                    Haha..Thats funny..I heard ESPN might want to interview her.

Comment

Reading the forum and seeing you are closely connected to the situation, it is apparent wrestling is the true target. Pay at Edinboro is not based on gender. It also implies she is the only one at Edinboro that is faced with restrictions on recruiting. There are also numerous instances of heresay. It implies the plaintiff has been only compliant and adhering to university policies. School employees are mandatory reporters; if the plaintiff was aware of a situation involving a minor, she should have reported the incident to the appropriate officials and police. I hope this goes to a jury trial so the true circumstances and occurances can be revealed. The University needs to address the complaint and allegations so the public is aware, and this is not just a one sided, skewed story.
                      Youre obviously connected and trying to hide. You basically just committed slander on a public forum. Some of you idiots in mccomb get on here and show how really stupid you are.

Comment

Youre obviously connected and trying to hide. You basically just committed slander on a public forum. Some of you idiots in mccomb get on here and show how really stupid you are.
                        I do not work for the university. My children all graduated from Edinboro, and I take great pride in that. And very mature calling names and trying to insult intelligence. If it is true, it is not slander.

Comment

Haha..Thats funny..I heard ESPN might want to interview her.
                          The more you guys keep talking the more keeps coming out. I wasn't joking. This is the type of story they love for their investigative show.

Comment

Can we all agree that football should be Tier 1? (whatever that means)

Comment

I do not work for the university. My children all graduated from Edinboro, and I take great pride in that. And very mature calling names and trying to insult intelligence. If it is true, it is not slander.
                              You sound personally involved. How would you know everything stated isn't true? Something strike a cord that made you join up today? I guess if it goes to court your IP address can be subpoenaed and you can state your problems in court since that's what you want.

Comment

You sound personally involved. How would you know everything stated isn't true? Something strike a cord that made you join up today? I guess if it goes to court your IP address can be subpoenaed and you can state your problems in court since that's what you want.
                                I saw the forum and wanted to state my views just as you all have been doing. I cannot say everything isn't true, and I never did. We are all allowed to have our own opinions. Apparently something I wrote struck a nerve that you would be so defensive.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X