Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    I work for a private employer and have no idea how much others with my same title are making so I can't worry about it. If I want to make more I have to prove that I'm worth more.
    You better be careful talking about it might get you in trouble with your "position" on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
      You better be careful talking about it might get you in trouble with your "position" on campus.
      There you go again. If you can't beat them, insult them. You should speak at schools.

Comment

Yes the one that you are still ignoring that there is and never was such a thing as equal pay for equal work. How about my QB argument is over $5 million a big enough spread for you?

Comment

Actually, you said that in an earlier post about not saying anything then jumped back in talking specific salaries and she should just be happy in that last post before you deleted it. But nice try. DId I insult you? is that considered a micro-aggression to you saying your "position"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefln View Post
            Yes the one that you are still ignoring that there is and never was such a thing as equal pay for equal work. How about my QB argument is over $5 million a big enough spread for you?
            How about my PASSHE vs NFL argument? you ignoring that one?

Comment

I am not an expert on on the PASSHE contract but one of the reasons why that system is in trouble is economics is economics. The system acts like it is not because they want predetermined outcomes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikefln View Post
                I am not an expert on on the PASSHE contract but one of the reasons why that system is in trouble is economics is economics. The system acts like it is not because they want predetermined outcomes.
                I agree with you there.

Comment

NFL QBs get paid like they do because there are 32 starting jobs IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Volleyball coaches ... not trying to offend but are a dime a dozen. Male, female ... irrelevent. Edinboro could open the spot tomorrow and have 75 qualified candidates apply.

They should be able to say ... the job pays $70,000 a year. Don't like it ... thanks for applying. Bye. There's 74 more applicants.

But .... big but ... because of this alleged Tier System and the incredible nature of the PASSHE payscale ... she's got a case. I think she's going to win, too.

You have to take in to account the manner this state system operates. For those of us in private sector ... it's literally like nothing we've ever fathomed.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                    NFL QBs get paid like they do because there are 32 starting jobs IN THE WHOLE WORLD.

Volleyball coaches ... not trying to offend but are a dime a dozen. Male, female ... irrelevent. Edinboro could open the spot tomorrow and have 75 qualified candidates apply.

They should be able to say ... the job pays $70,000 a year. Don't like it ... thanks for applying. Bye. There's 74 more applicants.

But .... big but ... because of this alleged Tier System and the incredible nature of the PASSHE payscale ... she's got a case. I think she's going to win, too.

You have to take in to account the manner this state system operates. For those of us in private sector ... it's literally like nothing we've ever fathomed.
                    Very true. And that's true for all psac sports. Baskteball, Football, wrestling. That's why coaches don't leave once theyre in. Its a good gig.

Comment

You guys mentioned 9.9 is the scholarship limit in wrestling. Football is 36 equivalencies. What is basketball in the PSAC/D2?

Comment

http://www.scholarshipstats.com/ncaalimits.html

Comment

Thanks for sharing. Its evident that moving to NAIA isn't a move "down". In most cases NAIA has higher scholarship limits and would increase costs on travel. With so few NAIA schools in this part of the country travel costs would skyrocket.

Comment

A few questions....

1. Do we have an actual definition of what Tiering means?

2. Are all of Edinboro's Tier 1 sports compliant with the definition of Tiering?

3. Where does she fall in line, with pay vs other PSAC volleyball coaches & scholarships dollars, support staff, budget, etc?

4. Should Clarion's Jen Mills buy a beach house or a condo if this silliness comes to fruition?

Comment

Like him or hate him ... when the 'Voice' gets involved ... it's for real.

He's a pom-as$ at times ... but I respect his opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Thanks for sharing. Its evident that moving to NAIA isn't a move "down". In most cases NAIA has higher scholarship limits and would increase costs on travel. With so few NAIA schools in this part of the country travel costs would skyrocket.
                                Who's moving to NAIA?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X