Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: OT: Title IX and Men's Sports

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
    I think you missed my point about does that include VB. I was referring to negative comments by other boro posters directed at that sport. Do those comments make edinboro look bad? I thought you were neutral...LOL.
    I know a lot of people in Edinboro. The town and school. You think my source is one person youre mistaken. My posts are in response to others. Only sport I mentioned yesterday was MBB in response to the basketball poster's ******* comment. The post you referenced about me being spiteful...wasn't a dig a wrestling it was saying the poster was an idiot...in response to his posts.

Edinboro looks like a mess... was that a secret? What are we doing the former presidents message board propaganda campaign. Saving Edinboro one post at a time?
    You repeat a lot of the sentiment of the lawsuit. You take subtle digs at other coaches. Bring up McComb rumors that don't need to be shared like the basketball assistant interviewing somewhere else as if that doesn't happen all the time at most schools. It just doesn't need to be said. I have to believe that in your heart you want Edinboro to succeed. I don't think you're doing the school any favors on here. Only to be combative and passively push someone else's agenda.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      You repeat a lot of the sentiment of the lawsuit. You take subtle digs at other coaches. Bring up McComb rumors that don't need to be shared like the basketball assistant interviewing somewhere else as if that doesn't happen all the time at most schools. It just doesn't need to be said. I have to believe that in your heart you want Edinboro to succeed. I don't think you're doing the school any favors on here. Only to be combative and passively push someone else's agenda.
      I respectfully disagree with you and I have to say your comments seem out of character for you, FS. Secrets, denials, and cover-ups are not good ways to deal with institutional issues (crises?). There are big problems evident in the Boro's athletics department fiasco and I am sure the best approach is to come to terms with it, deal with it and move on. You are now championing the same kinds of cover-ups and "protecting the brand" that you used to rail about in the PSU/Sandusky debacle.

Comment

Has anyone found the definition of Tiering yet? Are the wages of the head coach part of the definition? Are all 4 of Edinboro's Tier 1 sports compliant with Edinboro's definition?

I know these are stupid questions to some, but the rest of the taxpayers are very interested in the answers. Because when Tiering & salary are the primary focus of the lawsuit, the definition is the most important question in the lawsuit.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
          I respectfully disagree with you and I have to say your comments seem out of character for you, FS. Secrets, denials, and cover-ups are not good ways to deal with institutional issues (crises?). There are big problems evident in the Boro's athletics department fiasco and I am sure the best approach is to come to terms with it, deal with it and move on. You are now championing the same kinds of cover-ups and "protecting the brand" that you used to rail about in the PSU/Sandusky debacle.
          Sorry I wasn't clear. EdinboroFB brought up, unprovoked and out of context, that the men's basketball assistant was interviewing at Cal. That's in line with a lot of his other posts related to the lawsuit - finding things to criticize or call out about other coaches whether they be Tier 1 or not. Given his proximity to the complainant that makes sense. The lawsuit, the moving of the AD to fundraising, and other things shouldn't be covered up. I'm saying all the other stuff doesn't need to be aired. There's certainly a toxic atmosphere in McComb Fieldhouse. I used to blame the union atmosphere and the lack of A/C but now I think its just some bad attitudes by adults. Its okay to admit the shortcomings but it doesn't do anyone any good to fan the flames on here.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            I didn't say the boro assistant. I was vague just making a point about the frustrated Millersville poster about the process dragging out and wanting it done. I was saying that to say if they want to hurry they get around it. I didn't say it but you just did. Go re-read my post. I post to push someone else's agenda?....that's what you do. That's why youre not offended by the other boro posters.....youre all in line. I'm on the other side. That's all it is. Its me arguing with a handful of boro posters (most hiding on here) and I'm the *******. OK.

Comment

Any coaches there not trying to jump ship?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                Any coaches there not trying to jump ship?
                With as awful as things are, it's amazing the volleyball coach didn't leave 5 years ago?

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                  With as awful as things are, it's amazing the volleyball coach didn't leave 5 years ago?
                  Such a Great point!! Oh She left alright......Hasn't been in the office here much :confused:

Comment

Originally posted by BoroLetterman View Post
                    Such a Great point!! Oh She left alright......Hasn't been in the office here much :confused:
                    You say "here" a lot. LOL.
                    Last edited by EdinboroFB; 04-26-2018, 09:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EdinboroFB View Post
                      You say "here" a lot. LOL.
                      "office number" LOL

Comment

Has anyone found the definition of Tiering yet? Are the wages of the head coach part of the definition? Are all 4 of Edinboro's Tier 1 sports compliant with Edinboro's definition?

I know these are stupid questions to some, but the rest of the taxpayers are very interested in the answers. Because when Tiering & salary are the primary focus of the lawsuit, the definition is the most important question in the lawsuit.
                        This paper gives a general overview of "Tiering" as it pertains to an NCAA program (while I'm sure this was written to focus on D1 programs, it could certainly apply to D2 as well).

Here's a more condensed version of a tiered athletic program from the NCAA website:

Tiering Programs
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

"office number" LOL
                          Ya, I figured you girls would feel threatened so I deleted that. You want to give yours Mr. basketball?

Atleast, as dumb as you seem you don't refer to MCcomb/ athletic dept. as "here" when trying to hide online.

Comment

I'm confused, but I don't use "here" because I do not work "there," assuming that is what you are suggesting?

Comment

Edinboro has a new wrestling coach.

http://intermatwrestle.com/articles/20156

Comment

Now, Edinboro heavyweight wrestler Billy Miller has announced he is transferring to Virginia Tech. I wanted to reply to the post that claimed Miller would never transfer but I don't see it anywhere. Russell, Geer, Miller. What can you say?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X