Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Maybe they should move the game. Only politicians are allowed to go places in California.

Rose Bowl semifinal on Jan. 1 will not allow any fans because of COVID restrictions imposed by the state, county & city of Pasadena

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    Originally posted by Wildcat Khan View Post

I wonder if BYU wins they can actually move up in the BCS rankings. They are getting really shafted this year for things out of their control like losing all their big games.
    honestly the worst thing about the committee is this: a three-score win in this game is worse than a one-score win, because a blowout validates all the narrative of a pretty good team running up the score against a poor schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I think that this is great. Innovation, ability to adjust, thinking outside of the box. Someone said that this is the first time a school had been awarded GameDay and then upgraded their opponent. BYU has opened as a ten point favorite.
    I wonder if BYU wins they can actually move up in the BCS rankings. They are getting really shafted this year for things out of their control like losing all their big games.

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied

I think that this is great. Innovation, ability to adjust, thinking outside of the box. Someone said that this is the first time a school had been awarded GameDay and then upgraded their opponent. BYU has opened as a ten point favorite.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...just-one-month

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...leers-opponent

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Now that the Sun Bowl won't be played, I think that the Bowl count is down to 34. I remember when there were about ten bowl games.
    Another one cancelled today, the Las Vegas Bowl. That's the tenth bowl game cancelled...so far.

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

I agree D2 is not nearly as watered down as FBS has gotten, I assume it will stay that way as D2 bowl games aren't profitable and so putting them on is a pretty big risk/investment.
    I think it will stay that way because D2, D3 and FCS teams have an actual competitive post season tournaments to aim for. If you're not in the tournament, winning a bowl game that very few see aside from attendees isn't really a great deal to brag about. What amazes me is that FBS is still not enthusiastic about a FB equivalent of MARCH MADNESS. A 16 team DECEMBER TO REMEMBER tournament using existing bowl venues in rotation for 1st, 2nd, semi and final would give FB fans 15 BOWL GAMES of ultimate significance. AND a real NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME.

Leave a comment:

• Turbonium
    replied
    I agree D2 is not nearly as watered down as FBS has gotten, I assume it will stay that way as D2 bowl games aren't profitable and so putting them on is a pretty big risk/investment.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Now that the Sun Bowl won't be played, I think that the Bowl count is down to 34. I remember when there were about ten bowl games.
    I miss the days when a bowl game was a reward for a winning season, not for playing .500 or even less in some instances. ESPN owns most of the bowl games now and it's all a big money grab.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post
    can
    USF had at least one year when they only lost one game (to MSU) and didn't make the playoffs if I remember right. One year they lost to Winona and MSU and missed out. Back when there were 6 teams making the regions there were some really good teams getting left out. And yes, had they been in another region they would have been in.

Leave a comment:

• Purple Mav Man
    replied
    can

Leave a comment:

• GrifFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Your regular season games are already scheduled and not a reward for a lackluster season. To send a .500 team to a bowl game as a reward just seems to take away from the point, why not a toilet bowl for the 2 worst teams too? Imagine the swag they could hand out to players for that, Drano could be the sponsor, I think we're onto something here.

Leave a comment:

• Wildcat Khan
    replied
    The Water Boy movie wasn't too far off when it had The Toilet Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X