X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Runnin' Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    The MAC is back and due to start on a Wednesday night, which is perfect for MACtion. According to Reddit, only 3 of the 130 FBS schools won't try to play this fall- UConn, New Mexico State and Old Dominion.
    Some would argue that UConn and NMSU don't play football in most seasons...

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Georgetown football player arrested on murder charges in Georgia

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/georg...used-of-murder

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    I think they should have just changed it to a certain winning percentage. I get that conferences are playing such a varying number of games and its just an odd season. I mean, a 5-2 PAC12 team should be bowl eligible right? When in other seasons you have to have six wins.

But, a 2-8 SEC team? No.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The MAC is back and due to start on a Wednesday night, which is perfect for MACtion. According to Reddit, only 3 of the 130 FBS schools won't try to play this fall- UConn, New Mexico State and Old Dominion.

Leave a comment:

• Mk63NuclearBomb
    replied
    You won't be required to win a game this season to get invited to a bowl game. NCAA ruled on that today.
    Vandy, Rutgers, and Kansas are all bowl eligible! When's the last time that happened?

Leave a comment:

• Clean Liver
    replied
    So's the Mountain West. First games in mid to late Oct., I believe. Go Pokes!

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    You won't be required to win a game this season to get invited to a bowl game. NCAA ruled on that today.
    That's bad news for G5 and independents. With limited/no fans in the stands for bowl games I'm pretty sure they'll opt for P5 schools with larger fan bases to drive up television ratings and for those games with limited fans it'll be easier to get P5 fans to purchase tickets than G5 schools which traditionally don't have as many followers.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The Pac-12 is restarting football. https://pac-12.com/article/2020/09/24/pac-12-announcement

Leave a comment:

• UNALions
    replied
    USF not only lost by 52 in South Bend, they now have to postpone their upcoming game.
    South Florida is pausing football and postponing Saturday's game against FAU as it awaits full coronavirus test results after playing Notre Dame, which had a COVID-19 outbreak.

Leave a comment:

• shipfbfan1
    replied
    The MAC has set Friday as the day to vote to resume play for this fall so that they would have the chance to compete in bowl games this post season.

Leave a comment:

• wscsuperfan
    replied
    I believe Yale hosted Army a few years back for the 100th anniversary of the Yale Bowl.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by catatonic View Post

When is the last time a FBS team visited a FCS school?
    Good question. Some college football historian might know.

Leave a comment:

• catatonic
    replied

NDSU should get them to come to Fargo. The Bison only have one game scheduled, vs Central Arkansas.
    When is the last time a FBS team visited a FCS school?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by UNALions View Post

NDSU has turned down several offers to play this fall. They must be content with one game.
    I was hoping that they would play UNA again, or some other team. A one game season seems so weird. I think that they could play this game in the Vikings stadium and have a max sized crowd this year- lots of NDSU grads in the Twin Cities area and people who would actually like to see some football being played this fall. The Minnesota State High School League is meeting right now about the possibility of starting up football.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X