Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buffalo/Islander Alum
    replied
    Late to the party but I see no reason why Angelo State wouldn't be the heavy favorite to advance out of SR4.

They have already beaten Colorado Mines on the road and will probably run the LSC table to get the #1 seed.

Hard to tell how good the NSIC will be this year.

Sioux Falls looks good but the NSIC teams got smashed in the playoff games last year.

Leave a comment:

• KleShreen
    replied
    Originally posted by MarsHillU2022 View Post

Honestly, WF isn't that good this year. Delta state should replace them and I think West Georgia has a better team also.
    *kermit sipping tea meme*

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post

A Natty would blow everyone's mind. Even the moonshiners in the Black Hills!
    They kinda came out of nowhere to make the national semis in basketball last year.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

To make the playoffs? I totally agree... to win it all? Now that would knock my socks
    A Natty would blow everyone's mind. Even the moonshiners in the Black Hills!

Leave a comment:

• Gliac_fan10
    replied
    Originally posted by Packfootball View Post
    Black Hills State is hiding in the dark.
    To make the playoffs? I totally agree... to win it all? Now that would knock my socks off
    Last edited by Gliac_fan10; 10-08-2022, 06:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Packfootball
    replied
    Black Hills State is hiding in the dark.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
    Shepherd has won their last six one-score games. I think that streak is bound to end sooner or later.
    Every streak ends, but good teams find a way to win those games.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I meant something in the neighborhood of 2-3 scores. Not a blowout by any means but a convincing victory. That NWMS defense was great, but I think Ferris was better.

Didn't mean to throw any shade on NWMS, just more emphasizing how impressive Ferris seemed last year.
    Well, 2-3 scores could be anywhere from 9-24 points. As I mentioned, last year's team lost to Ferris in that same range and the 2015 team was much better than last year's NW team. I agree that Ferris had a really good team last year (and the last few years).

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHoops View Post

I'm hardly a NW football apologist as my name shows I'm more of a basketball guy but that's a big statement. Guess it depends on what you mean by multiple scores. NW lost to Ferris last year by 21 and last year's NW team was not even close to the same level as the 2015 NW team.
    I meant something in the neighborhood of 2-3 scores. Not a blowout by any means but a convincing victory. That NWMS defense was great, but I think Ferris was better.

Didn't mean to throw any shade on NWMS, just more emphasizing how impressive Ferris seemed last year.

Leave a comment:

• NWHoops
    replied

Ferris last year was much better than any of them. Even that NWMS national champion team from 2015, I think that Ferris team from last year wins by multiple scores.
    I'm hardly a NW football apologist as my name shows I'm more of a basketball guy but that's a big statement. Guess it depends on what you mean by multiple scores. NW lost to Ferris last year by 21 and last year's NW team was not even close to the same level as the 2015 NW team.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Shepherd has won their last six one-score games. I think that streak is bound to end sooner or later.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied

How much have you guys improved defensively? Haven't been able to see you guys play yet.
    Hard to say, only 7 of 22 starters from last year are back. The LB's are much better now, and the DL is a bit improved overall it seems in their assignments. As a whole its a better defense, but I wouldn't say by leaps and bounds.

There is no excuses from that game, but that went about as poorly as it could have and snowballed rather quickly. That was the first time in Shepherd's history that I've followed where they were run off the field like that. They've held up against other regions in the past when they've gotten to that point. 2010 lost a tough game against Delta State in the national semi's, beat GV in 2015 in the semi's, 2016 North Alabama was a slugfest.... Ferris last year was much better than any of them. Even that NWMS national champion team from 2015, I think that Ferris team from last year wins by multiple scores.

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    I expect Ashland to be last left standing in SR1. Shepherd has gotten by but they've had some close calls, and Ashland has the much better defense. They will still be a major underdog against any other semifinalist.

Leave a comment:

• MarsHillU2022
    replied

The shepherd performance against Ferris was not good at all. The only solace I personally took in that game was that Ferris seemed to have their way with Valdosta and everyone else in the playoffs as well, that may have been an all timer of a team last year.
    How much have you guys improved defensively? Haven't been able to see you guys play yet.

Leave a comment:

• Wallst
    replied

Shepherd has no chance against Angelo State let alone mines Ferris and GV.
    yes, which is why I said there was such a big step up in competition for Shepherd when they played Ferris in the semi's last year.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X