Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I learned a long time ago you dont mess with the Cat on Montana history. Still waiting for my loan for my new King Air but thats a different story...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Wrecked Again View Post

NAIA in 1957 still in the RMAC, had they moved to Big Sky Conference in 1976?
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock...tic_Conference

Comment

Denver Broncos just donated $100k to help Mines students get to the game!

https://www.9news.com/amp/article/sp...4-f865681fe604

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

Yep
          Curious if Montana State leaving the RMAC then moving to Big Sky and winning the championship, is the same as Northern Colorado leaving the RMAC for the NCC and winning the championships?

Comment

They just wanted to see what it felt like to be a part of a winning team... Bahahahaha

It is actually really cool. I hope lost of students are able to go, even if they are on winter break.

Comment

Curious if Montana State leaving the RMAC then moving to Big Sky and winning the championship, is the same as Northern Colorado leaving the RMAC for the NCC and winning the championships?
              Can't speak to 1956 NAIA. I was a student athlete at CWU in their NAIA days in the 1980s. We had a huge rivalry with EWU, which was DII at the time. We were even with them in many sports and dominated them in hoops. The divide, however, began to grow and was evident in the late 90s before CWU moved up. NAIA was a very tough level for some time, but it isn't comparable to DII in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by d2 football fan View Post

They just wanted to see what it felt like to be a part of a winning team... Bahahahaha

It is actually really cool. I hope lost of students are able to go, even if they are on winter break.
                Everyone likes a winner; Mines has been the biggest football story in Colorado this year.

Comment

Did they give them all shirts that say "Let's Ride" on them? Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Ferris offense is pretty mediocre, tbh. You just have to stop the run. It's their D that dominates.
                    "You just have to stop the run" lol as if that's an easy thing to do against Ferris. Carson Gaulker could line up in the shotgun, shout out exactly what hole he's going to run through, and he would STILL average like 7 yards a carry. That dude is impossible to bring down. Yeah, they don't have a traditional HB running between the tackles but they are VERY effective at what they do. I'm rooting for Mines to win but they are going to have to score a ton of points to have a chance

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Did they give them all shirts that say "Let's Ride" on them? Lol
                      They have an Unliiiiiiiiiimited supply

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

They have an Unliiiiiiiiiimited supply
                        Hacking up the Broncos like this hurts me but I wish I could say it's unfair. All the same it is super classy that they helped out in this way.

Comment

Originally posted by GVLakerFan24 View Post

"You just have to stop the run" lol as if that's an easy thing to do against Ferris. Carson Gaulker could line up in the shotgun, shout out exactly what hole he's going to run through, and he would STILL average like 7 yards a carry. That dude is impossible to bring down. Yeah, they don't have a traditional HB running between the tackles but they are VERY effective at what they do. I'm rooting for Mines to win but they are going to have to score a ton of points to have a chance
                          Their defense is much scarier than their offense, imo. Of the 2 units, the defense is elite. The offense is not. Stopping the Ferris O is a much more attainable goal than scoring a ton of points on their D. While it's not easy, it's their best shot.

I think Mines best chance is to keep it close like they did against GV. If Ferris scores over 30, Mines chances of winning are almost nil, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

The Ferris offense is pretty mediocre, tbh. You just have to stop the run. It's their D that dominates.
                            We also had 5 turn overs against Pitt. So way out of norm of 2 a game… the score would have been way worse if turnovers were in check. It will be a good game… a lot can happen in a final…I think the talent in the GLIAC is much better than what Mines played week in and out. Mines had 2 games they scored over 80…what do you learn from those games. Less than 24 hours away

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

We also had 5 turn overs against Pitt. So way out of norm of 2 a game… the score would have been way worse if turnovers were in check. It will be a good game… a lot can happen in a final…I think the talent in the GLIAC is much better than what Mines played week in and out. Mines had 2 games they scored over 80…what do you learn from those games. Less than 24 hours away
                              Most of those turnovers weren't just unforced errors. I disagree about the final score. Pitt gave up a couple of big plays early, then settled in. The Ferris D, otoh, absolutely owned Pitt.

Aneese is a brilliant coach. It's fun to.watch.him running unconventional stuff that keeps a d guessing, but he has had to pull out every gimmick in the book to make an offense out of spare parts this year. It's effective enough, but just not a great offense like they had last year.

I hate blowout games like that. It seems like every conference has 1 or 2 teams like that. The only positive is that guys who never play get to take the field.

I'll be traveling to take care of my Dad this weekend, so I'll probably have to listen on my phone. Good luck to Ferris tomorrow. I think it will be a good game.

Comment

Too bad the game is no longer on espn like it used to be.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X