Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Bad analogy. The current system isn't good, but it still yields a champion that we can definitively say is deserving. It's not completely broken, though I suspect you will argue that it is.
    Yeah. It was a bad analogy.

My point was that I hope to see a solution that is an actual fix instead of some bailing wire job that gets us to slightly less broken.

I would add that my solace with the current system has always been that they normally get the NC team right in the end.. I have told Brandon that very thing in threads before.

So we are not that far apart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

If I could make the rules, I'd require a minimum of two nonconference games in order to be playoff eligible. Three would be perfect.
      Shut up and take my money. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post
        i caught it before you dirty deleted it.

As someone who has faced bias all his life, I know exactly how this all works

ever stop to consider it may be because you never shut your yap? at some point you have to say "hmmm. maybe it's me"
        No. It's not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

No. Quite the opposite. If you were smart, it wouldn't be so blatantly obvious. :)
          Who else can get a thread to 34 pages on the always dead General Discussion page?

:-)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who else can get a thread to 34 pages on the always dead General Discussion page?

:-)
            The PSAC forum has more posts than any other forum here by far.

Comment

• For reference....here is what the 2021 FCS style (no regions) bracket would look like versus the actual NCAA bracket (with regions)

**FCS bracket is simulating the favorites win each game in the process**

Actual NCAA bracket for 2021 = 2 flights in R1, 2 flights in R2. 2 repeat games in R1.

FCS bracket = had 1 flight in R1..2 flights in R2. No repeat games from the regular season in R1.

Both brackets end up with 9 flights total before TX. Regionalization saves zero flights here versus the FCS model.

Seeding was determined by where teams stood (combination of polls, true SOS, etc) at the end of the regular season and all conference champions are rewarded with a bid in the FCS bracket and are identified with an asterisk. The actual NCAA from 2021 is the first image here. (the next image will be the FCS)

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 finalbracket.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	743720

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 D2 Bracket Completed.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	743722

2021 FCS style bracket

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

That's not my doing but it is mainly due to IUP fans. We have a lot of opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Too bad they're all in one thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Too bad they're all in one thread.
                      It also has more topics than any other forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 D2 Bracket Completed.jpg
Views:	274
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	743722

2021 FCS style bracket
                        This bracket does work out much better than it would in 2022. Much of that is the fact that the 8 seed, Bowie State, is not located so far from SR1. If, say, Kutztown were the #8 seed instead, the bracket would probably look the same, with the only difference being that Kutztown would host Bowie in the second round. So, I still favor a stipulation where every SR gets at least one seed.

I do think rigid adherence to 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5 hurts the bracket. I would prefer allowing flexibility in placement of the 5-8 teams, so that Harding could be placed in a quadrant with West Florida or Valdosta.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The MIAA was SILO. Just stop it.
                          The MIAA has nothing to do with IUP. As a matter of fact, the last two years, IUP has voluntarily made their schedule a SILO schedule by refusing to schedule anyone in their open week one.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

The MIAA has nothing to do with IUP. As a matter of fact, the last two years, IUP has voluntarily made their schedule a SILO schedule by refusing to schedule anyone in their open week one.
                            That should be a playoff ban, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I do think rigid adherence to 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, and 4-5 hurts the bracket. I would prefer allowing flexibility in placement of the 5-8 teams, so that Harding could be placed in a quadrant with West Florida or Valdosta.
                              Why?

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Ok Hoggie.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X