Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

That should be a playoff ban, too.
    Your school could have called us and traveled to PA.

Comment

• We can sit here and debate all we want and come up with different plans but in the end the NCAA isn't going to do a damn thing. It's their tournament...

They aren't going to spend a penny more than they already do and they don't care about a level that barely gets a blip in the media.

It's going to stay regional, the money saved on not having to fly teams in the East justifies the NCAA in keeping it they way they do and giving us our allotted slots.

I bet in their eyes, if you don't like it, you have choices.

Then you have conferences that have literally no reason to give up what access they have to appease a vocal minority. I know how that feels being on the vocal minority end.

Unless there is more money and the haves can talk the have nots to give up their chances...what you see is what you are getting for the time being.

Comment

• I don’t think the ncaa decides what the format is. The schools do, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Who else can get a thread to 34 pages on the always dead General Discussion page?

:-)
          By taking a stance that a majority of the posters don't agree with and continuing to engage? It's the same thing Skip Bayless does, gets his watchers so frustrated with him that they take to social media and drive engagement. I guess every forum needs it's Skip Bayless to drive conversation!! And just like with Skip, I can't tell if you actually believe everything you say, or if you are picking some of your points solely to drive engagement!! So, thanks Skip!

Comment

We can sit here and debate all we want and come up with different plans but in the end the NCAA isn't going to do a damn thing. It's their tournament...

They aren't going to spend a penny more than they already do and they don't care about a level that barely gets a blip in the media.

It's going to stay regional, the money saved on not having to fly teams in the East justifies the NCAA in keeping it they way they do and giving us our allotted slots.

I bet in their eyes, if you don't like it, you have choices.

Then you have conferences that have literally no reason to give up what access they have to appease a vocal minority. I know how that feels being on the vocal minority end.

Unless there is more money and the haves can talk the have nots to give up their chances...what you see is what you are getting for the time being.
            You sound nervous.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

By taking a stance that a majority of the posters don't agree with and continuing to engage? It's the same thing Skip Bayless does, gets his watchers so frustrated with him that they take to social media and drive engagement. I guess every forum needs it's Skip Bayless to drive conversation!! And just like with Skip, I can't tell if you actually believe everything you say, or if you are picking some of your points solely to drive engagement!! So, thanks Skip!
              He just likes to wind it up.

Comment

Ok Hoggie.
                I don't even know what this means lol.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Why?
                  Because I think the difference between seeds 5 through 8 in D2 is mostly arbitrary, particularly when cross-country travel during the regular season is limited. So that extra flexibility allows quadrants to be a little more geographically compact than they otherwise would be, without significantly imbalancing the bracket.

Comment

He just likes to wind it up.
                    Are you talking about IUPNation, or Skip? LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by WBChargerDad View Post

It could be both. I hate when forums become affirmation circle jerks. Somebody has to shake it up a bit with viewpoints not popular.
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 07:22 AM.

Comment

You sound nervous.
                        Not at all. You all think you can change the world like a bunch of dirty hippies! They found out the hard way too.

:-)

But good luck getting the NE10, Pee Sack, MEC, GMAC, CIAA, SAC and the SIAC to give up potential playoff bids and more importantly their hosting chances through four rounds in the current format so certain area of the D2 map can get what they want and dominate even more. More power to you if you can sell that. I can’t imagine they would view it as an improvement but it’s worth a try right?
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 07:44 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I don't even know what this means lol.
                          Yes you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021 D2 Bracket Completed.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	743722

2021 FCS style bracket
                            Oh come on, Shepherd is undefeated against GV!

Comment

But good luck getting the NE10, Pee Sack, MEC, GMAC, CIAA, SAC and the SIAC to give up potential playoff bids and more importantly their hosting chances through four rounds in the current format so certain area of the D2 map can get what they want and dominate even more. More power to you if you can sell that. I can’t imagine they would view it as an improvement but it’s worth a try right?
                              This is part of why a compromise is going to be needed. We can talk about ideal brackets all we want, but ultimately these things don't generally get completely revamped. It's always incremental changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

This is part of why a compromise is going to be needed. We can talk about ideal brackets all we want, but ultimately these things don't generally get completely revamped. It's always incremental changes.
                                Do all these conferences really feel that hosting a playoff game is more important than competing in the field of 28?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X