Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The 2021 Eagles made the playoffs. So did the 2018 and 2019 Eagles.
    No one outside of Pennsylvania would have called the 2021 (WC team) Eagles a good team, same as 2020(Last in division), or 2019(1st at 9-7), 2018(WC team). They seemed awfully good at having a basically .500 record.

Comment

Hmm...didn't they both lose in Meatchicken in December?

Neither played anyone outside of the MIAA in the regular season. Their numbers were based entirely on their SILO schedule.

When IUP played Ashland in 2017...it was not an in region game. Did it again in 2018.

The regional set up does not encourage anyone to play out of region because the rankings come down to numbers on the spread sheet based on regional numbers. The fact is there are enough schools to fill the one week they have for an OOC within Region 1...we are not the GLIAC with 6 conference game that you need to find four more games to meet the 10 game requirement to be eligible for the playoffs.The RMAC needs two OOC games to reach 10. You are acting like they are playing each other for playoff reasons when it really just comes down to there is nobody else to play to fill out the schedule since the MIAA was SILO...the NSIC is SILO..the GMAC hates you and the Pee Sack can find pretty much anyone on the MEC, GMAC and NE10 to fill out Week 1. Sometimes they even play a better CIAA team.

This alone is the top reason to ditch the regions. I HATE how they do regional rankings based on spread sheet numbers.

You don't seem to get that I am agree with you all mostly...I just don't agree that certain teams should get privileges every season based on prior season results. I just don't think that if they do ditch the regional format and schools are now free to schedule anyone they like...that all of a sudden we are going to see MIAA teams playing in Pennsylvania any more than Grand Valley will all of a sudden be doing home and home series with West Florida or Valdosta State every year. Schools will still continue to schedule based on travel costs....as money will always be the final deciding factor. At lets face it..Grand Valley travels far because they have the private jets! :-) What will actually happen is many schools will now become FCS cupcake games to get paid in Week 1 and it won't hurt their playoff chances....
      GVSU could be scheduling Fort Lewis and Simon Fraser. They don't. Mines and Pueblo could be scheduling William Jewell. They don't. They instead opt to face each other. GVSU did a home-and-home with Delta State. They did a home-and-home with Mines and Pueblo (twice). They did a home-and-home with Central Washington. They did a home-and-home with West Texas (and are doing it again in a couple seasons). GV has, and will, face anyone. The PSAC, and SR1 as a whole, doesn't do that. They fill their non-conference spots with teams within their own region, which hurts their own cause for the semifinals. That's the entire story. That's why SR1 is constantly the #3 or E4 seeded team in the semifinals. Because they don't challenge themselves. At least Assumption is taking the challenge of facing GV this year. Good for them. And it will help Assumption come time for playoff rankings, even if they lose.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

There it is again. The old move up until you are over your head like IUP argument.
        just print more money like liberals love to do then give out freebies to everyone then print more money and go more in debt and more over your head.

Comment

• Since March Madness is almost upon us, we can look at that. After the conference champions from each and every conference make the field and are seeded according to their supposed conference strength, the rest of the field is seeded based off numbers. The NET evaluation tool that gets into adjusted efficiency's etc. then goes into Team Value Index.

In 2019 Virginia won the national title but didn't win the ACC. So in the conference champs only scenario they wouldn't even make the tourney. how often do we see an at large 12 knock off the #5 seed then the 4 and play into the second weekend, almost every freaking year.

If IUP is serious about playing competitive football instead of being the 2nd tallest small person, maybe they should go the Gonzaga route. Look what Mark Few has done there. He had to travel all over the country to find games. He went to all the blue bloods without the benefit of a home and home and turned a little college into a basketball juggernaut. Until IUP and really SR1 show effort on a national scale instead of aspiring to be the best at mediocrity then maybe this board and the NCAA would take them seriously. Ok, probably not this board but hey one can hope. Until then, talking to most SR1 fans is like drinking warm water, you'll stay hydrated but its painful to do so.

Comment

• I definitely agree about depth being a factor. It's huge everywhere.

Comment

• SR1 administrators definitely game the system. I don't blame them. It's a lot easier to sell "made the playoffs every year" than "challenged ourselves in ooc and got our teeth kicked in, but now we know how good we need to be"

For conferences like the psac, it will just take one team getting the funding in place, becoming nationally competitive and maintainingthat standard for multiple years. Then watch how fast the other schools figure out how to fund it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wallst View Post

just print more money like liberals love to do then give out freebies to everyone then print more money and go more in debt and more over your head.
                Go to to the OT if you want to say these things.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

They did a home-and-home with Central Washington. .
                  CWU and GV have played once. 2007 Regional Final. GV has never traveled to WA or played CWU.

Maybe you were thing WOU. I think they did a H-H in 2011 and 2012.

Comment

• I'm coming to the conversation late but I'm definitely not a fan of the way it's decided who get selected into the NCAA tournament. In football, if you are in a weak conference and if you don't schedule high competition in your OOC and win, your season is over before it began.

In basketball, it's the same except you get an automatic bid if you win the conference tournament.

I actually would love to see more OOC games or less conference games. In football I rather see bowl games. In basketball I think there is room for another tournament. D2 NIT?

Comment

[football]
                      i wanna say these things too and you can kiss me right in the crack of my arse if you think you're going to tell anyone to go to another area for saying it.
                      [/football]

Comment

The MIAA has been SILO.
                        good. since you feel this way, have the committee insert the MIAA in SR1. simple.

i mean, if its a weak SILO schedule, should work pretty good right?

Comment

3. Do you honestly think the "lesser" conferences are just going to capitulate and bow down to the power conferences demands?
                          3. No I don't, because they aren't thinking big picture. The theory applies to all sports. Why should northern baseball teams get as many teams in as the dominant southern teams?

Comment

Yes thank you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

CWU and GV have played once. 2007 Regional Final. GV has never traveled to WA or played CWU.

Maybe you were thing WOU. I think they did a H-H in 2011 and 2012.
                              Ah, yea, you're right. My bad. It was WOU that I was thinking of. I knew GV traveled out there to start a season, and I kinda just forget WOU exists lol.

Comment

Firstly, there's nothing stopping the PSAC from only playing 8 conference games and allowing teams to play more non-conference games. Secondly, there's nothing stopping PSAC teams from using their one non-conference week to go play a good team from another region. Your conference and region are just terrified to leave their own little bubble.
                                There is nothing obviously nothing stopping you from constantly talking **** about conferences being scared to play teams from Meatchicken. It's old and tired. You are the Hoggie of the foosball side of the boards.

The Pee Sack has been doing mandated crossover scheduling since the mid 1990's. It's nothing that is new. It was two games a season through 2005 which left open a few weeks to go OOC. IUP was playing Nebraska Omaha and Catawba in the early 2000's. So nobody was scared. Then for whatever reason...I am assuming due to the expanded playoffs and regionalization. They went to three cross overs beginning in 2006...where we had to play them three straight weeks before opening divisional games. Again...they were just following the criteria for a region..not to placate big mouth GV fans. Then after Gannon and Mercyhurst fled the GLIAC and the Pee Sack expanded, the third crossover went to the last week so they could do The State Game which was reinstated and an actual title game crowning one champion instead of crowning one for each division. That is still the format today.

You keep demanding we play other regions but you get mad when we demand you to either shut up or move up and join the MAC with your peers in the Meatchicken Directionals.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X