Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Different states different funding.

You all need stop stop with the simple reasoning that every school has same situation with their funding and how they are able to get it. It’s probably not even true in the MIAA.

Every level faces this exact same issues. Why doesn’t Kle tell the Michigan Directionals to drop to FCS. The MAC will never compete. Yet they stay in FBS. So stop with the ignorant move to D3 bull****. It just comes off as arrogance. Nobody is asking the rich elite of D2 to do anything or asking for anything special. We are just explaining why there are haves and have nots at this level. Do you think Kansas can compete with Alabama in foosball? Should they drop down?

The problem in D2 is that Regions 3 and 4 are off balanced. Regions 1 and 2 have few issues. Also 3 and 4 each have less teams than 1 and 2 but have the same number of playoff slots. So it is statistically easier for any team to get a playoff bid in 3 and 4 than it is in 1 and 2. Just saying…
    Per-capita is the only way to look at it. Your proximity to other schools is meaningless.Henderson State and Ouachita Baptist share a town of 11000, yet they can do it.
    Pitt is 30 miles away from MOSO, 140 miles From NSU, 60 miles from NEO, 90 Miles Mo State, 120 Miles from U of A.

There is nothing stopping your teams, coaches and ADs from finding the money. Pitt's money comes from all over the country, not just the community. The team has recently auctioned off old jerseys, There are always golf scrambles that directly benefit the team. All student athletes are required to do community service as part of their scholarship package, 15 hours per year to build relationships with the community.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

I feel like that is fairly accurate, but I am beginning to wonder just how hard West Chester is trying anymore.
      They have no excuse. 17k enrollment. In rich Chester County surrounded by a ton of businesses. In the Philly media market. They have advertising on buses and train stations and billboards to get students to enroll. They do sponsor more sports than any school in the Pee Sack but they could still fully find foosball. I mean if the foosball team had half of their marching band’s prop budget ..they’d be rolling in it! :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Per-capita is the only way to look at it. Your proximity to other schools is meaningless.Henderson State and Ouachita Baptist share a town of 11000, yet they can do it.
        Pitt is 30 miles away from MOSO, 140 miles From NSU, 60 miles from NEO, 90 Miles Mo State, 120 Miles from U of A.

There is nothing stopping your teams, coaches and ADs from finding the money. Pitt's money comes from all over the country, not just the community. The team has recently auctioned off old jerseys, There are always golf scrambles that directly benefit the team. All student athletes are required to do community service as part of their scholarship package, 15 hours per year to build relationships with the community.
        IUP has a golf fundraiser.

Ouachita Baptist got rolled out of the playoffs. So funding does not = success.

Also the only ones complaining about the playoffs are the teams who are the haves…kind of like billionaires whining about people getting food stamps. I’m not complaining that IUP doesn’t have the resources you do. I am hoping we can find a way to step up our funding game in a tough local environment or we just find a Sugar Daddy to pay the bills or Mr. YouTube needs to donate something for tax purposes. Either way I just hope we can build a better foundation so we finally kick some Midwestern butt and assert our Northeastern superiority. :-)
        Last edited by IUPNation; 02-27-2023, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Are you taking into any account that it might be easier for schools in your region to fund raise and get to 36 as opposed to schools in our region that can’t spit 10 feet without hitting another college foosball program chasing the same local dollars?

So basically we get punished all the way around. It’s not like every program doesn’t want to try..it’s just doesn’t come as easy here as it does out there. It’s a very slow uphill process for the Shepherds, IUPs and Slimey Pebbles of Region 1.
          Of course. I have been doing this crap for over two decades. I probably know the dynamics of each area of the country better than almost anyone.

It's not easy like you envision, but it's also harder than it is in your neck of the woods.

In 2004, I had zero compassion for the schools that sponsored a D1 sport but tried to reduce scholarships in football.

I have always had compassion for IUP because of what the conference did to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Of course. I have been doing this crap for over two decades. I probably know the dynamics of each area of the country better than almost anyone.

It's not easy like you envision, but it's also harder than it is in your neck of the woods.

In 2004, I had zero compassion for the schools that sponsored a D1 sport but tried to reduce scholarships in football.

I have always had compassion for IUP because of what the conference did to them.
            How is it harder?

Comment

How is it harder?
              It’s not. Bad sentence structure on my part.

Should have ended with “not as hard as in your neck of the woods.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

It’s not. Bad sentence structure on my part.

Should have ended with “not as hard as in your neck of the woods.”
                Gotcha.

It’s a tough sell and a lot of hard work for everybody especially in states where Power 5 FBS programs suck up all the air. How Ferris Bueller and GV get around Ann Arbor and East Lansing is something Pee Sack schools can’t figure out with PennState and Pitt. Kids on our campuses seem to care more about them than their own teams. That doesn’t bode well for future alumni donations.
                Last edited by IUPNation; 02-27-2023, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Different states different funding.

You all need stop stop with the simple reasoning that every school has same situation with their funding and how they are able to get it. It’s probably not even true in the MIAA.

Every level faces this exact same issues. Why doesn’t Kle tell the Michigan Directionals to drop to FCS. The MAC will never compete. Yet they stay in FBS. So stop with the ignorant move to D3 bull****. It just comes off as arrogance. Nobody is asking the rich elite of D2 to do anything or asking for anything special. We are just explaining why there are haves and have nots at this level. Do you think Kansas can compete with Alabama in foosball? Should they drop down?

The problem in D2 is that Regions 3 and 4 are off balanced. Regions 1 and 2 have few issues. Also 3 and 4 each have less teams than 1 and 2 but have the same number of playoff slots. So it is statistically easier for any team to get a playoff bid in 3 and 4 than it is in 1 and 2. Just saying…
                  Different funding for academics, not athletics. Same private and corporate donors getting hit up by both schools for every project and every athletic season. The same Hs coaches attending camps and fielding recruiting calls.

You can move the goalposts all you want, bit you just look more wrong each time.

I didn't tell you to move to D3. There are 20,000 viable arguments to my post,, yet you pick 9ne completely unrelated to anything I said? LMAO! I didn't say 3very school faces the same situation. I just debunked your lie that there was more competition for that money in PA. It's simply not true.

I'm sure there is a reason why IUP can't get there financially, but you clearly don't know what is, so may e just say that instead of throwing out easily debunked BS theories like they are true?

Comment

Gotcha.

It’s a tough sell and a lot of hard work for everybody especially in states where Power 5 FBS programs suck up all the air. How Ferris Bueller and GV get around Ann Arbor and East Lansing is something Pee Sack schools can’t figure out with PennState and Pitt. Kids on our campuses seem to care more about them than their own teams. That doesn’t bode well for future alumni donations.
                    Oklahoma and Arkansas face that issue. When OKC made the NBA finals, the front page of the okc paper was all about The OU football recruiting class. Literally no sport at any level matters to anyone down there outside of OU and OSU.

Arkansas is all about those piggies. Most people in the state have never even heard of the other schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

Different funding for academics, not athletics. Same private and corporate donors getting hit up by both schools for every project and every athletic season. The same Hs coaches attending camps and fielding recruiting calls.

You can move the goalposts all you want, bit you just look more wrong each time.

I didn't tell you to move to D3. There are 20,000 viable arguments to my post,, yet you pick 9ne completely unrelated to anything I said? LMAO! I didn't say 3very school faces the same situation. I just debunked your lie that there was more competition for that money in PA. It's simply not true.

I'm sure there is a reason why IUP can't get there financially, but you clearly don't know what is, so may e just say that instead of throwing out easily debunked BS theories like they are true?
                      Im always right. You may as well accept it.

:-)

Ard you an expert on collegiate athletic fund raising in Pennsylvania. What do you seem to know from your high perch in Kansas that we aren’t seeing here locally?

Comment

• Come basketball season, Kansas is pretty KU crazed. In football, I think the D2 schools probably get a little better exposure because KState has been kind of close but no cigar a few times, and KU has been godawful until this year.

I still maintain that the KU coaching carousel with players getting recruited, then dumped en masse, along with UNO canceling football had at least as much to with Pitt's last NC as John Brown did.

Comment

Im always right. You may as well accept it.

:-)

Ard you an expert on collegiate athletic fund raising in Pennsylvania. What do you seem to know from your high perch in Kansas that we aren’t seeing here locally?
                          I have no idea why they can't fund. My guess is crooked mfers in charge, but that's normally my guess when it comes to public monies.

It seems to me that as an alum, you should not be accepting lame excuses let alone on here making them up.

Comment

Come basketball season, Kansas is pretty KU crazed. In football, I think the D2 schools probably get a little better exposure because KState has been kind of close but no cigar a few times, and KU has been godawful until this year.

I still maintain that the KU coaching carousel with players getting recruited, then dumped en masse, along with UNO canceling football had at least as much to with Pitt's last NC as John Brown did.
                            UNO dropping football (which I hated) also probably helped MSU to the 2014 title game with the offensive linemen who came from that area.

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

UNO dropping football (which I hated) also probably helped MSU to the 2014 title game with the offensive linemen who came from that area.
                              I think it was a boon to the NW lines, too.

Comment

I have no idea why they can't fund. My guess is crooked mfers in charge, but that's normally my guess when it comes to public monies.

It seems to me that as an alum, you should not be accepting lame excuses let alone on here making them up.
                                How do you know it’s a lame excuse? Maybe I just read the posts of locals in the PSAC forum who talk about these issues. Not everyone donating to IUP wants their money for foosball. Basketball has nudged up along side of it. I have read a lot of local money goes to basketball and not as much as foosball used to get under Frank.A lot of the old foosball donors from 30 years ago are just that…old or dead. So I understand it to be more complicated than you all make it out to be…and I believe IUP is always trying to do better.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X