Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
    I've heard rumblings that the Summit is trying to get the NCC gang back together and courting Northern Colorado. If that's the case, they might get that MVFC spot. I'm skeptical they take anyone from D2 though; the MVFC is a Top 2 league in the FCS, and they aren't #2, so I don't think the pressure is on to add anyone just yet
    Maybe the Summit, decides its finally time to make their own football conference. It's their teams that the MVFC brags about not the Valley schools

Comment

• Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Maybe the Summit, decides its finally time to make their own football conference. It's their teams that the MVFC brags about not the Valley schools
      Agreed. I'd have to imagine too, that St. Thomas isn't far off from funding scholarships. And will be a playoff contender shortly after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

OK, who gets asked first? NWMSU, Pitt, MSU, GV, Ferris? Maybe even old MVC member West Texas A&M?
        What about Denver? They'd be an outlier for sure ... but they are now in the Summit. And it seems they'd rather be in another league. Also a non-football school fits well in the Valley.

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

What about Denver? They'd be an outlier for sure ... but they are now in the Summit. And it seems they'd rather be in another league. Also a non-football school fits well in the Valley.
          Sounds like the WAC needs help again after Seattle and GCU announced today they are leaving for the WCC. The WAC Texas schools appear to be looking at the Southland.
          Leaving Cal Baptist, Southern Utah, Utah Tech, and Utah Valley State to man the WAC. They're going to have to beg the Texas schools to stay or Go LSC/RMAC shopping. Denver could benefit from the WAC

Comment

Sounds like the WAC needs help again after Seattle and GCU announced today they are leaving for the WCC. The WAC Texas schools appear to be looking at the Southland.
            Leaving Cal Baptist, Southern Utah, Utah Tech, and Utah Valley State to man the WAC. They're going to have to beg the Texas schools to stay or Go LSC/RMAC shopping. Denver could benefit from the WAC
            I'm surprised the WCC didn't pick up Cal Baptist since they're right in that SoCal part of the WCC footprint. I also wouldn't be surprised if the Utah schools look into joining the Big Sky.

Presuming the rumors about the Texas schools joining the Southland are true - which considering some of the contentious history between the WAC's Texas members and the Southland - we might finally see the emd of the WAC after God knows how many reincarnations that league has gone through.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by CheapSkate View Post

Good one - forgot about them. They seem like they belong in the Big Sky anyway (outside of football).

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Good one - forgot about them. They seem like they belong in the Big Sky anyway (outside of football).
                Aren't all the Big Sky members state schools? I'm not sure how a private school like Denver fits that culture.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• I don't think the wax is in trouble loosing those two. Those are non football. Cal baptist will prob go as well just moves WAC more into SW

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Aren't all the Big Sky members state schools? I'm not sure how a private school like Denver fits that culture.
                    Now they are, but there was a time way back when Gonzaga was a member (but again, that was 40+ years ago).

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                      I don't think the wax is in trouble loosing those two. Those are non football. Cal baptist will prob go as well just moves WAC more into SW
                      The WAC is down to 8. Now the remaining 4 Texas schools are talking about heading to the Southland. That's big trouble, with Cal Baptist clearly wanting out as well. The 3 Utah schools will be all that's left behind

Comment

The WAC is down to 8. Now the remaining 4 Texas schools are talking about heading to the Southland. That's big trouble, with Cal Baptist clearly wanting out as well. The 3 Utah schools will be all that's left behind
                        I thought Utah Tech and Southern Utah had already decided to go with ACU, Tarleton and SFA to the United Athletic Conference (formed by the merger of the ASUN and WAC football schools).

Comment

• Originally posted by OldBison View Post

I thought Utah Tech and Southern Utah had already decided to go with ACU, Tarleton and SFA to the United Athletic Conference (formed by the merger of the ASUN and WAC football schools).
                          That is already happening, but if the Texas schools leave for the Southland, it leaves the WAC with 4 schools so the Utah schools would likely need to find a new home for athletics. Unless the WAC is going to get schools to leave the Big Sky

Comment

• I just don't see the fences being mended with Southland. It wasnt a nice split

Comment

• Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                              I just don't see the fences being mended with Southland. It wasnt a nice split
                              They could try and push into the MVC, or they could push for more Texas D2 schools to jump

Comment

• That I see more likely. Are you also just saw a Texas Rio grande valley is going to the Southland. That's an interesting move I wonder if it's just to be in the same conference with corpus Christi

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X