Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I watched the Colorado regent's meeting online. Short and sweet, the Buffs go to the Big 12. Now- does anyone follow them? The whole ripple effect is unknown, but it could reach all the way down to D2.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
      I watched the Colorado regent's meeting online. Short and sweet, the Buffs go to the Big 12. Now- does anyone follow them? The whole ripple effect is unknown, but it could reach all the way down to D2.
      Here's hoping! But at this point I think NDSU/SDSU/Montana/Montana State to the MWC is dead. The Mountain West is about to pick up Washington State, and Oregon State. Who knows maybe even Cal/Stanford.

Maybe that forces the AAC to make a move but I can't think of who they'd invite

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Here's hoping! But at this point I think NDSU/SDSU/Montana/Montana State to the MWC is dead. The Mountain West is about to pick up Washington State, and Oregon State. Who knows maybe even Cal/Stanford.

Maybe that forces the AAC to make a move but I can't think of who they'd invite
        All of those schools in the Rockies and West are in a real limbo right now. The Big 12 wants at least one more school (maybe three). That will drive everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post

All of those schools in the Rockies and West are in a real limbo right now. The Big 12 wants at least one more school (maybe three). That will drive everything else.
          Utah’s the one that almost needs to happen now given their track record and the Big 12 having BYU, but who knows. I’ve heard the Arizona schools and possibly Oregon, but the others in the PAC 12 I haven’t heard much about.

For all I know, the Big 12 takes four PAC 12 schools and the remnants of the PAC 12 join the ACC. How’s that Oregon State-Wake Forest rivalry doing these days?

I think Nebraska should go back to the Big 12 and the Big 10 get WVU, Pitt, and Notre Dame. That would get ND where they belong and the old Penn State/Pitt/WVU triangle back (there might be issues like AAU membership that might prevent it).

Comment

Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

Utah’s the one that almost needs to happen now given their track record and the Big 12 having BYU, but who knows. I’ve heard the Arizona schools and possibly Oregon, but the others in the PAC 12 I haven’t heard much about.

For all I know, the Big 12 takes four PAC 12 schools and the remnants of the PAC 12 join the ACC. How’s that Oregon State-Wake Forest rivalry doing these days?

I think Nebraska should go back to the Big 12 and the Big 10 get WVU, Pitt, and Notre Dame. That would get ND where they belong and the old Penn State/Pitt/WVU triangle back (there might be issues like AAU membership that might prevent it).
            The AAU membership is huge for the B1G. I think Nebraska is the only school in the B1G that is not an AAU member. If I remember right, Nebraska was an AAU member upon joining the B1G, but recently lost their membership.
            RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
            Delta State University, GSC

Comment

Originally posted by CalifOKRA View Post

The AAU membership is huge for the B1G. I think Nebraska is the only school in the B1G that is not an AAU member. If I remember right, Nebraska was an AAU member upon joining the B1G, but recently lost their membership.
              Correct.

Association of American Universities - Wikipedia

Comment

IIRC, the biggest reason Nebraska was booted from the AAU has to do with separating the research money from the med school (treating it as separate) and then the institution not meeting the membership threshold.

Comment

Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado belong in the Big 12 IMO. I'd hope for the rest of the Pac that Oregon/Washington stay put but if they do move they belong in the Big Ten.

Pac remnants of Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford might find it easiest to get absorbed into the Mountain West. The 4 schools that they would need to have a respectable number have large buyouts and could just simply let the PAC implode

Comment

Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, and Colorado belong in the Big 12 IMO. I'd hope for the rest of the Pac that Oregon/Washington stay put but if they do move they belong in the Big Ten.

Pac remnants of Oregon State, Washington State, Cal, Stanford might find it easiest to get absorbed into the Mountain West. The 4 schools that they would need to have a respectable number have large buyouts and could just simply let the PAC implode
                    Rumors over the weekend, and that's all they are -- rumors, suggest Florida State has figured out some way to break the ACC grant of rights and that they and Clemson will be joining the Big Ten.

(I love realignment rumors :) )

Comment

Rumors over the weekend, and that's all they are -- rumors, suggest Florida State has figured out some way to break the ACC grant of rights and that they and Clemson will be joining the Big Ten.

(I love realignment rumors :) )
                      Love me some realignment talk too.....If they have, and it seems like that is a big if...I hope that UNC and Duke are brought in as well. But that's unlikely.

Comment

D2 Alderson-Broaddhus to drop sports among other more important things.

https://www.wboy.com/news/barbour/al...grees-revoked/

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                          D2 Alderson-Broaddhus to drop sports among other more important things.

https://www.wboy.com/news/barbour/al...grees-revoked/
                          State of West Virginia is forcing them to close by the end of the calendar year, due to overwhelming debt. I don’t think they will recover from this.

Comment

Patiently waiting for the Arizona to the Big 12 announcement. The PAC12 is reeling, and the laughable Media deal they tried to offer just should never have come to light

Comment

Patiently waiting for the Arizona to the Big 12 announcement. The PAC12 is reeling, and the laughable Media deal they tried to offer just should never have come to light
                              My favorite part is how everyone says they are a group dedicated to the current league. Right before somebody leaves...

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post
                                IIRC, the biggest reason Nebraska was booted from the AAU has to do with separating the research money from the med school (treating it as separate) and then the institution not meeting the membership threshold.
                                Yup. The University of Nebraska Medical School is a separate institution away from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. The AAU doesn't like that.

AAU membership is (or at least was) a major pre-requisite to join the Big 10 - it's why NDSU/SDSU/ISU/etc. will never be B1G members under the current criteria.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X