Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crixus View Post

I'm sorry your Dad has passed on, but he is in good company. Best wishes to you.
    Thanks Crixus...he passed in 1999...yes he is!

Comment

I'm pretty excited for Roosevelt to join the GLIAC, probably more so for basketball. Their gym is in a great spot downtown right by Grant Park. Looks like they play football in the suburbs though, so that's a bit of a tougher drive.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
        I'm pretty excited for Roosevelt to join the GLIAC, probably more so for basketball. Their gym is in a great spot downtown right by Grant Park. Looks like they play football in the suburbs though, so that's a bit of a tougher drive.
        Roosevelt plays football at the former Forest View High School campus (the school building itself is the currently administration building for Township High School District 214) in Arlington Heights, while Roosevelt's baseball team plays in Crestwood (South Cook County) at the home of the Windy City Thunderbolts. But most of the other sports teams play in Chicago proper.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Roosevelt plays football at the former Forest View High School campus (the school building itself is the currently administration building for Township High School District 214) in Arlington Heights, while Roosevelt's baseball team plays in Crestwood (South Cook County) at the home of the Windy City Thunderbolts. But most of the other sports teams play in Chicago proper.
          https://www.rooseveltlakers.com/morris-field
          Per their website.

Comment

I just googled some pictures, and holy cow. It looks like that gym only holds.....maybe 400 people? If that? That's rough. Awesome location, though. I've probably walked by that building a handful of times without having any idea what is in it. Wild to think you could be walking down on the street and there's a college basketball game taking place 20 feet above you lol.

This is the entire thing:

2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

The son of two of my former students plays for the Lakers.

Shane Stevensen - Roosevelt University (rooseveltlakers.com)

Comment

CAA changes from Colonial to Coastal.

CAA Changes Official Conference Name To Coastal Athletic Association - Coastal Athletic Association (CAA Sports)

Comment

It's official now: UT Dallas will apply to D2 next year and join the LSC in 2025. https://utdcomets.com/news/2023/7/19...onference.aspx

Comment

D2 proposals being reviewed:

Number of teams needed to establish/maintain all D2 championship sports set at 35 teams; currently it's 40 for women's sports and 50 for men's sports. The exception for Olympic sports falling below this number would be eliminated. This will fast-track four more championships to D2. Currently Bowling is over 40, Men's Volleyball has 36, Acrobatics & Tumbling has 37, and Women's Wrestling has 33. Those numbers include known future programs some of which begin in 2023-24. Field Hockey has 35 and has been hovering around that number for a while; it will increase to 37 with 2 future programs. The one sport that could be hurt is Rowing. There are only 15 D2 teams including 2 future programs. This is a sport that Football schools should be looking to add to help Title IX. Rowing allows 20 scholarships and the average roster size in D2 is 29. D1 has 92 teams and D3 has 41 teams.

Granting AQ's in all non-football team sports. Field Hockey and (M+W) Lacrosse are the only team sports that do not have an AQ.

Dropping the ranking requirement for Earned Access in Football. Ensures that all 16 conferences (counting Carolinas) will have a team in the bracket.

Capping the AQ (and Football equivalent) at 60% of the bracket with the process of bracket expansion beginning when the bracket reaches 50% AQ. This is a non-issue for the sports currently with AQ as the bracket size would have to be reduced, some drastically, for the AQ to exceed 60%. We have 23 conferences in D2 and if all conferences had the AQ in a sport the bracket would exceed 60% AQ at 38 teams. Men's Soccer has a 40-team bracket but only 19 conferences sponsor the sport so it would be over the limit with a 31-team bracket. Football is just 1 above what would be allowed. Provided Field Hockey and (M+W) Lacrosse begin using the AQ, they would be forced to expand their brackets which has been long overdue.

Permitting Football to kickoff in the week before the Thursday before Sep 6. A Week 0 or a new Week 1. Gives D2 football scheduling flexibility in having 12 weeks to play 11 games. Makes it easier for schools in conferences with an odd number of teams and in smaller conferences to get an OOC game to start the season rather than in the middle or end of the season.

Softball limited to a 56-game/scrimmage championship season and an 8-game/scrimmage non-championship period. The Softball regular season is already limited to 56 games so this would essentially add some "Fall ball".

Championship access ratio for team sports of 4.25-6.00. This policy change was approved. All team sports are within this range except (M+W) Lacrosse. Women's Lacrosse has a 6.938 ratio and Men's Lacrosse has a 6.333 ratio. These are by far the two worst ratios in D2. Football is at 5.893 and their bracket is where it should be for now but will need expanding to a max of 32 teams due to the addition of new programs to keep the ratio under 6.000 while Field Hockey is at 5.833 and their bracket would be forced to expand due to the 60% AQ policy. The Lacrosse brackets have not been able to keep up with the pace of new programs being added. There are 8 future Lacrosse programs for each gender and if the brackets are not expanded the ratios will be over 7.000.

DII Management Council recommends 3 Convention proposals be sponsored

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                      Yes, that happens on occasion. Bluefield State still has not added all 12 sports from when they made that big announcement and Saginaw Valley State was to have added Women's Lacrosse for 2021-22. Nova Southeastern announced a delayed start of Lacrosse.
                      Of all the examples I could have chosen for the above response, one of the three I did use has an update.

Saginaw Valley State announced in February 2020 their plan to start Women's Lacrosse in 2021-22. Yesterday they announced they finally hired a coach and the team will begin in 2024-25.

SVSU Selects Cait Gaitley as Inaugural Women’s Lacrosse Head Coach

Comment

I love zero week. The only problem with it is that the games need to start after 6pm no daytime games. Help with player health concerns

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                          I love zero week. The only problem with it is that the games need to start after 6pm no daytime games. Help with player health concerns
                          I think there are still some d2 stadiums out there with no lights.

Comment

Then my friend they don't need a zero week that bad lol. The miaa has way to many day games in September as it is . That field turf is brutal

Comment

Originally posted by the Northeasterner View Post
                              Then my friend they don't need a zero week that bad lol. The miaa has way to many day games in September as it is . That field turf is brutal
                              Lol.
                              I hope the team who installed the black field plays all night Games. The temp on that stuff has to be ridiculous.

Comment

I was sitting on a field in Texarkana in December at the Pitt State Arkansas tech live bowl and that field was 10 to 15° warmer than it was up in the stands

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X