Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course we couldn't have Moving Day without a name change, it just happened to be a little late this year.

ENTERING A NEW ERA – EMMANUEL UNIVERSITY

Comment

Great for Emmanuel. Now they get the fun of dealing with the whiners who will complain about the name change. College to university is not that big of a deal people. Move along lol

Comment

D’Youville University Announces Official Move To DII Athletics

Comment

Roosevelt is officially accepted to D2- they will be eligible in 2024-25. I'm expecting to see the California schools announce later today. Jessup's announcement is at 3 Pacific time.

Comment

D’Youville to become a Division II member Sept. 1

D'Youville will become a Division II member Sept. 1, after successfully completing the three-year reclassification process from Division III.

The Division II Membership Committee approved the division's newest member this week during a meeting in Indianapolis. The Division II membership will total 294 colleges and universities in 2023-24.

The Division II Membership Committee approved advancing Allen University, Edward Waters University and Emory & Henry to year three of the reclassification process. Allen and Edward Waters are both transitioning from the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics, while Emory & Henry is transitioning from Division III. The committee also advanced Thomas More, the University of South Carolina Beaufort and Westmont College — all transitioning from the NAIA — to year two of the reclassification process.

Additionally, the committee accepted five schools into the reclassification process: Jessup University (NAIA), Menlo College (NAIA), Roosevelt University (NAIA), Sul Ross State (Division III) and Vanguard University (NAIA). All five schools will begin year one of the three-year reclassification process.

The committee reviewed the membership application submitted by Talladega College (NAIA) but did not accept the institution into the membership process.

The Division II Management Council will review all membership decisions during its in-person meeting Monday and Tuesday in Indianapolis. Changes will take effect Sept. 1.

Jessup Warriors

Menlo College Oaks

Roosevelt Lakers

Sul Ross State Lobos
            Click image for larger version  Name:	vanguard.png Views:	0 Size:	30.0 KB ID:	761119

​Vanguard Lions

Jessup: NCAA Announces Jessup’s Acceptance into NCAA Division II

Menlo College: Menlo Accepted Into NCAA Division II

Roosevelt: Roosevelt Accepted Into NCAA Division II Membership Process

Sul Ross State: It's official: Sul Ross State has been approved for competition in NCAA Division II

Vanguard: VANGUARD UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS ANNOUNCES ACCEPTANCE AS PROVISIONAL MEMBER OF THE NCAA DIVISION II
            Last edited by Tech Boys; 07-13-2023, 05:36 PM.

Comment

​​​​​​​

Last edited by Tech Boys; 07-16-2023, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Talladega was denied. D’Youville to become a Division II member Sept. 1 - NCAA.org

I haven't seen anything on if Middle Georgia State is getting approved to move from NAIA to D2. Or is that not in the works until next year?
                Last edited by laker; 07-13-2023, 04:14 PM.

Comment

From February 21, 2023 on Middle Georgia State

Comment

I would hold off the including Lake Superior's addition of swimming and diving and Triathlon for the 2023-2024 school year.

While they made the announcement about starting these sports, everything I have heard from within the swimming and diving community (including people I know within the GLIAC), is there had been no movement to add those sports, despite the announcement they made in March. No coaches have been announced as hired, and I have seen no evidence of recruiting for the program (something I have seen at other schools when they added the sport during Summer USA Swimming Meets).

Also, the approval was granted to add the sports, but something apparently wasn't included in the approval, which was the funding to operate the sports.

Interestingly, the following was included in the board minutes when they made the approval for swimming and diving to be added.

"Dr. Diles presented to the Board for approval of NCAA Division II Women’s and Men’s Swimming and Diving Teams. The LSSU facilities meets the guidelines and standards for a Women’s and Men’s swimming and diving facility. LSSU’s investment including personnel, scholarships, and operating costs would be Lake Superior State University Minutes of Board of Trustees January 21, 2022 9 approximately $500K annually and yield 55 additional student athletes. A net revenue is anticipated at $1.37M with a net return of $750K. "

I find it interesting that, and this proves that, non-DI and even some smaller DI schools are looking at sports like swimming and diving for the chance to bring in student athletes and associated revenue for the school.

Quick update. Posted positions at LSSU include a head swimming and diving coach position. I don't think however there is any way for them to hire a coach to build a program that will start practicing in September and begin competing in October.

Comment

Yes, that happens on occasion. Bluefield State still has not added all 12 sports from when they made that big announcement and Saginaw Valley State was to have added Women's Lacrosse for 2021-22. Nova Southeastern announced a delayed start of Lacrosse.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Talladega was denied. D’Youville to become a Division II member Sept. 1 - NCAA.org

I haven't seen anything on if Middle Georgia State is getting approved to move from NAIA to D2. Or is that not in the works until next year?
                        It sounds like any decision on Middle Georgia State wasn't going to take place this year, so they're probably aiming towards February to begin the process. From the video, there was reference made to starting NCAA competition in Fall 2025, so that would leave me to believe that this application is going to be part of the 2024-2025 process.
                        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Middle Georgia State is only 10 years old. It was formed in January 2013 with the USG consolidation of Middle Georgia College and Macon State College. California-Merced, another young school established in 2005, is also expected to apply in 2024.

Comment

Fun Fact: Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza was a Sul Ross State graduate with both a bachelors degree and a Masters degree (smart guy). And he also played football at Sul Ross State (#58 below). Go Lobos!

​​​​​​
                            Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Originally posted by crixus View Post
                              Fun Fact: Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on Bonanza was a Sul Ross State graduate with both a bachelors degree and a Masters degree (smart guy). And he also played football at Sul Ross State (#58 below). Go Lobos!

​​​​​​
                              Interesting!

My dad grew up with him in DeKalb, TX...both buried in the same Cemetery.

Comment

Originally posted by libertybearcat View Post

Interesting!

My dad grew up with him in DeKalb, TX...both buried in the same Cemetery.
                                I'm sorry your Dad has passed on, but he is in good company. Best wishes to you.
                                Western New Mexico Mustangs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X