Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

The CAA already has too many teams. They should not be in the business of giving programs life rafts.
    Plus they go down to 14 teams....that is enough.

Comment

• Lindenwood just announced they were cutting 11 programs. Dang

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
        Lindenwood just announced they were cutting 11 programs. Dang
        After they just went D1 lol. Yet another prime example of why it is a terrible idea.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post
          Lindenwood just announced they were cutting 11 programs. Dang
          I made a comment on another forum almost three years ago that they had 27 teams (most in D2 at the time) and would have difficulty financing all those teams in D1. Three teams have been added since. Here they are just 18 months into their D1 reclassification and they slash 1/3rd of their NCAA teams. Also saw that of the 9 NCAA programs cut, 6 are men's teams.

Comment

• Chicago State, the last D1 independent, is joining the NEC. Now will they start football?

Chicago State University To Join Northeast Conference - Chicago State University Athletics (gocsucougars.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post
              Chicago State, the last D1 independent, is joining the NEC. Now will they start football?

Chicago State University To Join Northeast Conference - Chicago State University Athletics (gocsucougars.com)
              I feel like there's no way they would. They've been struggling financially for over a decade now. But who knows.
              2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

I made a comment on another forum almost three years ago that they had 27 teams (most in D2 at the time) and would have difficulty financing all those teams in D1. Three teams have been added since. Here they are just 18 months into their D1 reclassification and they slash 1/3rd of their NCAA teams. Also saw that of the 9 NCAA programs cut, 6 are men's teams.
                Cheap teams, too. Men's indoor and outdoor track? That NCAA tourney money must not be as good as it sounds.

Comment

Chicago State, the last D1 independent, is joining the NEC. Now will they start football?

Has this school been good in anything since they went D1? Now they have to make a bunch of trips to the Northeast every year to face teams in a conference whose members seem to be changing every month? Can’t imagine that helps with the athletics budget.

They should drop to D2 and try to join the GLIAC or GLVC. Or maybe even drop to D3, I don’t know.

NEC must be super desperate to let them in too.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

They were. They only had 7 full members.

Comment

It seems as though Chicago State can barely support their existing athletic programs; I can't see how they would even entertain the idea of fielding a football team (Chicago already has enough bad football with Da Bears), not to mention finding a suitable location to play. For context: Roosevelt, which will be joining the GLIAC next season, plays their "home" football games in Arlington Heights. This would be the equivalent (hypothetically, of course) of Wayne State (Mich.) playing off-campus home games in Sterling Heights or somewhere in Macomb County.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I read on Twitter that they are going to explore the possibility and even engage in some fundraising activities. Source is usually pretty reliable.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I feel like there's no way they would. They've been struggling financially for over a decade now. But who knows.
                          The fiasco that they had at the online meeting when they dropped baseball was epic. I thought that there would be fights like on Jerry Springer.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

The NEC was on the verge of losing their autobid from becoming too small so yeah I think they were pretty desperate.

Comment

• I think it was already mentioned on here that UC Merced is finally making the leap to D2 after years of speculation over it. Maybe of a little more interest to this place though is that on the Instagram post they made announcing the move, someone commented asking if there were updates on starting a possible football team there, to which the Merced instagram account replied "baby steps🤞". I almost hate to bring false hope to any ex-GNAC members on here, but could we see another D2 football squad on the West Coast sometime soon?

​​​​​​Instagram post in question:
                              https://www.instagram.com/p/CzolEB-xt-u/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Photo for those that can't access the post:

http://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment...ed1743cb2a67e&

Comment

• Frontier Adding Dickinson State as Newest Conference Member - Frontier Conference (fcsports.org)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X