Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

• Just saw that Viterbo (nonfootball school) who was in the North Star joined the Chicagoland Athletic Conference. Another dagger for the North Star. Will this push more of their schools into D2 or D3?

Viterbo Athletics Joins Chicagoland Collegiate Athletic Conference - Viterbo University (prestosports.com)

Comment

• Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Yep! Ouachita, Harding, Henderson St, So Arkansas, Arkansas Tech, Arkansas Monticello all were.

The trips to Valdosta and West Georgia were the worst and I believe were a big factor in forming the new conference.

Delta State would be an okay trip, but Pensacola would be a long trip for the already underfunded Oklahoma schools.

If Valdosta and UWF join West Georgia in D1, then Delta State to the GAC would make a lot of sense geographically, and West Alabama wouldn't be too bad. The bigger problem would be the GAC already has silo scheduling. It would be difficult to divide the conference into geographically based divisions and keep any competitive balance.

Although if that happened, I'd be for dividing the divisions right through the Ravine at Arkadelphia just for the fun of it.

Passing is a Sin

Comment

• Originally posted by BisonBones View Post

The trips to Valdosta and West Georgia were the worst and I believe were a big factor in forming the new conference.

Delta State would be an okay trip, but Pensacola would be a long trip for the already underfunded Oklahoma schools.

If Valdosta and UWF join West Georgia in D1, then Delta State to the GAC would make a lot of sense geographically, and West Alabama wouldn't be too bad. The bigger problem would be the GAC already has silo scheduling. It would be difficult to divide the conference into geographically based divisions and keep any competitive balance.

Although if that happened, I'd be for dividing the divisions right through the Ravine at Arkadelphia just for the fun of it.
          I think the gac should send 3 arkie teams to the miaa, and take NSU as a trade in.

Then the miaa could split into regions and both conferences could play noncons.

Comment

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
              I wonder what the long range plan for NSU is going to be? Drop football and remain in the MIAA in the other sports? Join the GAC? Go NAIA like Panhandle State?

Comment

• Originally posted by laker View Post

I wonder what the long range plan for NSU is going to be? Drop football and remain in the MIAA in the other sports? Join the GAC? Go NAIA like Panhandle State?
                The GAC was founded as a football conference first. No chance they will accept a non-football school. If NSU kept football and tried to join the GAC, I think that is equally remote.

Comment

• Originally posted by BisonDivot View Post

The GAC was founded as a football conference first. No chance they will accept a non-football school. If NSU kept football and tried to join the GAC, I think that is equally remote.
                  If Northeastern State ever wants a chance at joining, the first thing they would have to do is add the GAC required sports of Women's Cross Country and Women's Volleyball. Delta State to the GAC has been mentioned in other threads; they would have to add Women's Volleyball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

If Northeastern State ever wants a chance at joining, the first thing they would have to do is add the GAC required sports of Women's Cross Country and Women's Volleyball. Delta State to the GAC has been mentioned in other threads; they would have to add Women's Volleyball.
                    I'd also make Delta State drop Statesmen and officially become the Fighting Okra.
                    Passing is a Sin

Comment

• https://northernsun.org/news/2023/11...jamestown.aspx

Jamestown will move up to Division II from the NAIA and become the 16th member of the NSIC

Comment

• We're up to four confirmed applicants for 2024: Jamestown, Middle Georgia State, UC Merced, and UT Dallas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                          We're up to four confirmed applicants for 2024: Jamestown, Middle Georgia State, UC Merced, and UT Dallas.
                          Boo only one football school.
                          2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                            https://northernsun.org/news/2023/11...jamestown.aspx

Jamestown will move up to Division II from the NAIA and become the 16th member of the NSIC
                            Does this mean NSIC will go back to silo scheduling again?
                            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Great question.

I am not sure....but sadly I would suspect this to be the case eventually

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I hope not but yes, probably so.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X