Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: KWC Football

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
    The Panthers are in Day 6 of their football camp. An article is published for each day in camp. This is the latest, but you can go back to day one. I LOVE THIS! LOL! We're getting a view of the camp and an article on the KWC Athletic Website for every day. BTW, the Sports Information Department has always been great. There is going to be a vast improvement in the program and there are people behind the scenes that are making this happen. And, they know what they are doing. I have never seen this kind of coverage for a preseason football camp at Wesleyan. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos uploaded of the Camp. This builds esteem and a devotion to the team from the players. It is classy, I think. I LOVE IT!

KWC Panthers Camp Article Link to Day 6: https://kwcpanthers.com/news/2019/8/...les-day-6.aspx
    OKAAAY.... thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
      Uh, BC, you may want to back away....slowly. This is going nowhere.
      Yea...I think you are right. He seems to be intent on believing that Yeast is going to be GREAT and a surefire DII LEGEND and that thousands of new fans are going to pack their stadium. He also seems to be intent on believing that if you don't completely agree with him, you are just a Yeast hater that want's to see him fail.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Yea...I think you are right. He seems to be intent on believing that Yeast is going to be GREAT and a surefire DII LEGEND and that thousands of new fans are going to pack their stadium. He also seems to be intent on believing that if you don't completely agree with him, you are just a Yeast hater that want's to see him fail.
        BoatCapt - Where is your buddy?

Comment

The Panthers lost by three points to NAIA #6 ranked Concordia, 17-14. It is not a big loss. This is Craig Yeast's first game. I never said he was God. Craig Yeast will eventually have a very good team. This Concordia team would have beat some KWC teams in previous years by over 20 points. You build on it and grow. He will eventually have a good team at Wesleyan and you will see them improve as the season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
            The Panthers lost by three points to NAIA #6 ranked Concordia, 17-14. It is not a big loss. This is Craig Yeast's first game. I never said he was God. Craig Yeast will eventually have a very good team. This Concordia team would have beat some KWC teams in previous years by over 20 points. You build on it and grow. He will eventually have a good team at Wesleyan and you will see them improve as the season progresses.
            Certainly seems like a solid beginning. Good luck rest of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Certainly seems like a solid beginning. Good luck rest of the way.
              All I am going to say is good luck the rest of the way.

Comment

KWC got beat on the ground. They have to improve their running game and stop the run on defense. That in a nut shell is what beat KWC. They know what they really have to work on now. Their defense is not bad. In fact, it was their defense that kept them in the game. Concordia is a top ten NAIA team, and the NAIA has produced some very good teams. Wesleyan will win some games this season. This game gave them everything they needed to know moving forward. The KWC offense is sluggish to horrible on the ground. I am not sure if that is due to the offensive line or our backs, but something tells me it is due to not having a solid ground game in the offensive back field. We will see how they respond for the next game. Their offense at this point is problematic, but Yeast is obviously focusing on the pass and I am sure that is what they have worked on. Still, -17 rushing yards is inexcusable against any NAIA team. You cannot control the football or the clock without a sound running game on offense.

Wesleyan's defense will be tested against Quincy. Quincy has a throttled offense this season. This Wesleyan team has to pick up it's intensity in every aspect if they want to win some games.
                Last edited by alumnifan; 09-08-2019, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Even though the result was the same, from the score it looks like a better result for KWC in their first game of the season. 430 additional fans to see coach Yeast's debut over last season's opener.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
                    Even though the result was the same, from the score it looks like a better result for KWC in their first game of the season. 430 additional fans to see coach Yeast's debut over last season's opener.
                    Looks like over 200 less fans came to see the 2nd game than last year's 2nd game I HOPE the fans are not losing faith. Turning over a losing program takes time, no matter where you previously played or coached.

Comment

Originally posted by JDonAB92 View Post

What is so irrational?

Kentucky Wesleyan opens up with Concordia, Quincy, SW Baptist and Lake Erie to start the season. They are all winnable games. The first three are home games. Concordia was 10-3 last season as a NAIA program. They beat Malone by a similar score as KWC did. Quincy was a 4-7 program last season and KWC lost to them on the road by 7 points. SW Baptist was 0-10 last season; KWC has them at home. And then they go to Lake Erie. It is not irrational to say they could start 4-0 or 3-1. Will they? Time will tell, but it is very likely that they could. KWC gets off to a good start and that helps with momentum, confidence, etc. Walsh, Frostburg State and AB are also winnable games. You get some momentum and maybe they even knock off a Tiffin at home. It is not irrational to think with their schedule that they could win anywhere from 6 to 8 games. I am not saying it is going to happen. But it certainly can.

Their attendance numbers last season:

Findlay: 1254
                      Kentucky State: 1594
                      Malone: 1146
                      Walsh: 1678
                      Lake Erie: 1374

I scanned videos of G-MAC games each week last season. I would say those figures are accurate from what I saw on video. I actually thought their attendance last year at home looked good considering their program had been in a bit of disarray. They didn't have any momentum for fans to build on. But they still got between 1100-1700 fans each Saturday. I don't think it is irrational to think IF they get off to a 2-0, 3-0 or 4-0 start that they can get into the 2000s or 3000s for home games. KWC is located in Owensboro which is the 4th largest city in the state at 59, 800 people. The metropolitan area around it contains 120,000 people roughly. KWC does have a name in the area. The local newspaper covers their men's basketball team. Maybe with a good start that it covers their football team with a little bit of depth. I am not trying to tell the school what to do. But running some promotions of various sorts for fans would certainly help the program drum up some support. The school can help in that area.
                      Well.....I guess we were irrational....

Comment

It is what it is but without poor special teams play KWC would have two wins. A very young team that will get better.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                          It is what it is but without poor special teams play KWC would have two wins. A very young team that will get better.
                          There is no need for them to get better THIS week. Just sayin'.

Comment

Most of the improvement will be in the following years not next week so you are safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                              Most of the improvement will be in the following years not next week so you are safe.
                              I agree with you 100%, it takes some time for a team under a new coach and staff to improve. Just wish others would have agreed to that instead of calling the ones that stated the yearly growth as "haters" of the program.:disapointed:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I agree with you 100%, it takes some time for a team under a new coach and staff to improve. Just wish others would have agreed to that instead of calling the ones that stated the yearly growth as "haters" of the program.:disapointed:
                                A new coach CAN sometimes produce instant success...but I think that is the exception and not the rule. You can like KWC's new coach while not thinking he will produce instant success. I think Yeast has the potential to turn KWC into a successful program, just maybe not this year or perhaps even next. As the saying goes, program didn't get bad overnight so they probably aren't going to be good overnight.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X