Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Boatcapt,

Had a friend's son transfer to UNCP and he loves it there. Plus he doesn't mind only being a little less than an hour and a half's drive to the Myrtle Beach area at all.
    Check their out of state tuition, you may be quite surprised.
    Also, check with UNCP's coaching staff, who knows, he may be able to get back on the field in the near future.
    Best of luck!
    Funny you should mention UNCP. They offered him a prefered walk-on but he chose to go to West Liberty. He does have 9 semesters and 4 on field seasons of eligibility...but he hasn't kicked a football since he left WLU and that was more than a few years ago!!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Funny you should mention UNCP. They offered him a prefered walk-on but he chose to go to West Liberty. He does have 9 semesters and 4 on field seasons of eligibility...but he hasn't kicked a football since he left WLU and that was more than a few years ago!!
      Might be worthwhile to check with them again (football or not), my friend's son managed to pick up a 'Merit Scholarship' based on grades, worth 50%.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post

Might be worthwhile to check with them again (football or not), my friend's son managed to pick up a 'Merit Scholarship' based on grades, worth 50%.
        Hahahaha!! His wife and new child may "disagree" with his decision to quit his job to go back to college and play football. I'm PRETTY sure the bank were he has his home morgage will have a little bit of heartburn!!!

Comment

Hahahaha!! His wife and new child may "disagree" with his decision to quit his job to go back to college and play football. I'm PRETTY sure the bank were he has his home morgage will have a little bit of heartburn!!!
          I understand that, I thought from your earlier post that he was still a student at WLU.

Comment

FSU beats UNCP 51-21... At the beginning it looked like it might be a good game but that didn't last long, UNCP started to fall apart. Their defense couldn't stop the pass or the run to save their lives. While UNCP's pass game looked promising their run game has yet to be found, possibly because of their young OL having 3 starting freshman.... Also the QB, Josh Jones got hurt in the 4th quarter and did not return for the rest of the game.

Comment

This upcoming weekend is Frostburg's National Championship Game! They win at Notre Dame College and they will all but win the MEC....before becoming "officially" a D-II school. Good luck Bobcats !!

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                This upcoming weekend is Frostburg's National Championship Game! They win at Notre Dame College and they will all but win the MEC....before becoming "officially" a D-II school. Good luck Bobcats !!
                its a shame that the best team in the MEC may not be playoff eligible

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

its a shame that the best team in the MEC may not be playoff eligible
                  This weekend will tell if they are the best in the MEC. That whole to be the best you have to beat the best thing. Just as Notre Dame became the best team in the MEC by beating Shepherd, if Frostburg wants to be the best in the MEC, they will have to beat Notre Dame.

Yea, sucks that they aren't eligible for the playoffs until next year. Win or lose Saturday, there are probably quite a few fans from other conferences that are breathing a sigh of relief.

Comment

This weekend will tell if they are the best in the MEC. That whole to be the best you have to beat the best thing. Just as Notre Dame became the best team in the MEC by beating Shepherd, if Frostburg wants to be the best in the MEC, they will have to beat Notre Dame.

Yea, sucks that they aren't eligible for the playoffs until next year. Win or lose Saturday, there are probably quite a few fans from other conferences that are breathing a sigh of relief.
                    Crazy thing is, If Notre Dame loses, they probably dont make the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

Crazy thing is, If Notre Dame loses, they probably dont make the playoffs
                      Yep. The margin for error is one.

Comment

Yep. The margin for error is one.
                        While some teams get in with two losses, the only way to remotely guarantee it is with only one loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

While some teams get in with two losses, the only way to remotely guarantee it is with only one loss.
                          Only if they win the conference...Unless your team is in the PSAC.

Comment

I did not know Frostburg St cracked the AFCA D2 Polls:

https://frostburgsports.com/news/202...l-history.aspx

Congrats to the Bobcats!

Comment

Honest inquiry of FSU Bobcat fans. How often did the team make it to the semifinals of the D3 playoffs ? The reason I bring that up is their quick rise to a position of respectability in D2 is quite unusual in my memory (very old) for schools making that jump. Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                                Honest inquiry of FSU Bobcat fans. How often did the team make it to the semifinals of the D3 playoffs ? The reason I bring that up is their quick rise to a position of respectability in D2 is quite unusual in my memory (very old) for schools making that jump. Thanks in advance.
                                Never.

They made the quarters in 2017 and the second round in 2018 (their last year in D3)... before 2017 they had one playoff appearance ever, when they made the quarters in 1993.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X