Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
    Well....I just heard that Coach Fitz has accepted a job at an FCS school. Still trying to find out where. But congrats to Coach Fitz! I wonder who will become Frostburg Head Coach? Will they hire Coach Kelling !?
    If true (and I have no reason to think it is or isn't true), the logical replacement is John Kelling (former LHU HC for one season). Keling was the DC at Frostburg for 4 years under Fitzgerald.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

If true (and I have no reason to think it is or isn't true), the logical replacement is John Kelling (former LHU HC for one season). Keling was the DC at Frostburg for 4 years under Fitzgerald.
      Apparently, Frostburg State Athletics sent out an email announcing that Coach Fitz accepted a FCS coaching opportunity, mentioned his success with the Football team, and wished him the best of luck.

Comment

https://ncaamarket.ncaa.org/jobs/159...football-coach

Comment

Interested to see where he goes. HC position is already announced at Frostburg...Kind of odd that he hasn't been announced at his new school or even any hiring rumors in the twitterverse.

Comment

Interested to see where he goes. HC position is already announced at Frostburg...Kind of odd that he hasn't been announced at his new school or even any hiring rumors in the twitterverse.
            I was thinking that maybe the school is waiting until the FCS playoffs are over.

Comment

And the answer is, Southern Utah.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...-southern-utah

Update:

https://suutbirds.com/news/2021/12/1...hern-utah.aspx

He will have a tall task at Southern Utah...5 wins over the last three seasons including one win this year and 1 win in the spring season.
              Last edited by boatcapt; 12-14-2021, 04:52 PM.

Comment

And the answer is, Southern Utah.

https://footballscoop.com/news/sourc...-southern-utah

Update:

https://suutbirds.com/news/2021/12/1...hern-utah.aspx

He will have a tall task at Southern Utah...5 wins over the last three seasons including one win this year and 1 win in the spring season.
                Well....Southern Va went from 3-8 to 8-2 in 5 years under Coach Fitz. Then Frostburg St went from 4-6 to a 10-1 team in 3 years and the program won at least 10 games 4 out of the last 6 seasons. We shall see what Coach Fitz can do. Now I am wondering who is going with Coach Fitz, who will become Frostburg State's HC as well as fill out the staff.

Comment

Kelling is the logical guy. Knows the program and kids. Would be a dramatic turn of events to go from LHU to the MEC Champs. LOL. Great Christmas present.

Comment

Originally posted by Cavalier 1 View Post

Kelling is the logical guy. Knows the program and kids. Would be a dramatic turn of events to go from LHU to the MEC Champs. LOL. Great Christmas present.

I'd just love to know why Lock Haven let him go after such as short run.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I'd just love to know why Lock Haven let him go after such as short run.
                      Simple...He was hired pre-merger probably with promises made based on an independent university and now things have changed. New coach, assuming there is a new coach, will be hired under the new reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Simple...He was hired pre-merger probably with promises made based on an independent university and now things have changed. New coach, assuming there is a new coach, will be hired under the new reality.
                        If that was the case then 1) he was offered the job under the new circumstances and decided to pass OR 2) the administration made a rather precipitous rash judgement after one season. I lean toward #1 which makes me very curious what the new circumstances entail and will they be able to hire anyone willing to go along.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

If that was the case then 1) he was offered the job under the new circumstances and decided to pass OR 2) the administration made a rather precipitous rash judgement after one season. I lean toward #1 which makes me very curious what the new circumstances entail and will they be able to hire anyone willing to go along.
                          Either choice is not a particularly good look for LHU, but yea, I tend to think it's #1. In the current PASSHE climate, there is plenty to speculate on about what the "new circumstances" are.

Comment

• It's been some interesting times here in Frostburg, we shall see what the future holds

Comment

• Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                              It's been some interesting times here in Frostburg, we shall see what the future holds
                              Hopefully they get a good one and don't slip into the late 2000's phase and become irrelevant again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Hopefully they get a good one and don't slip into the late 2000's phase and become irrelevant again.
                                If Frostburg State hires Kelling, overall I believe they will be in pretty good hands.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X