Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Never.

They made the quarters in 2017 and the second round in 2018 (their last year in D3)... before 2017 they had one playoff appearance ever, when they made the quarters in 1993.
    Thanks, that somewhat confirms what I was thinking. The rise of FSU from solid but unexceptional D3 program to average to above average D2 program leads me to believe that the elite (Muhlenberg, Wis-WW, MH-B, N Central) of D3 would make really nice regional OOC opponents IF ONLY the NCAA would see their way clear to allow credit for games that , IMO, would be solid contests and entertaining for local audiences. As unlikely as it is a game between the Muhlenberg Mules and the Kutztown Bears would be a lot of fun and probably competitive. Ah, wishful thinking.

Comment

I really hope Shepherd and FSU can figure out a series for the opening week of the season. Is the MEC leaving week 1 open like the PSAC does or does it rotate still?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Never.

They made the quarters in 2017 and the second round in 2018 (their last year in D3)... before 2017 they had one playoff appearance ever, when they made the quarters in 1993.
        To be fair we would have been perennial playoff contenders if we didn't make the immediate and necessary move to D2 following our 2 (should have been 3) year run in the playoffs.

A little background about D3 sports, the best teams are primarily private schools (MHB, Mount Union), with a few outliers who will make a run every few years. Public schools cannot compete with the private schools at that level due to "Academic Scholarships". The bad D2 teams would lose to the good D3 teams but the average teams vs the average teams, d2 should win 80% (coaching being the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
          I really hope Shepherd and FSU can figure out a series for the opening week of the season. Is the MEC leaving week 1 open like the PSAC does or does it rotate still?
          How many years does your Q have left?

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post

How many years does your Q have left?
            He's a junior. Hope we get him for 1 more year. I've had fears he'd transfer up every year he's been at Shepherd lol.

Comment

He's a junior. Hope we get him for 1 more year. I've had fears he'd transfer up every year he's been at Shepherd lol.
              we'll see you in 2 then!

Comment

I do not believe he will transfer up. I think he stays....well, I hope he does stays.

Comment

Frostburg State is REALLY rolling this year! This season "should" help them in recruiting. However, I would like for Coach Fitz and crew be more active recruiting players from the transfer portal. But I think Fitz prefer to "coach up" his high school recruits. n We shall see going forward. But what a great Year 3 in their probation period. Does anyone knows if Frostburg is considered tied for 1st place or in 2nd place in the MEC since they lost to Notre Dame College??

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
                    Frostburg State is REALLY rolling this year! This season "should" help them in recruiting. However, I would like for Coach Fitz and crew be more active recruiting players from the transfer portal. But I think Fitz prefer to "coach up" his high school recruits. n We shall see going forward. But what a great Year 3 in their probation period. Does anyone knows if Frostburg is considered tied for 1st place or in 2nd place in the MEC since they lost to Notre Dame College??
                    tied for first

Comment

Btw #17 in the polls

Comment

Originally posted by Real_FSU_47 View Post
                        Btw #17 in the polls
                        FSU going to play a team OOC next year? Any rumblings about that or are they going to keep play Kentucky Wesleyan?

Comment

FSU going to play a team OOC next year? Any rumblings about that or are they going to keep play Kentucky Wesleyan?

Comment

I hope FSU vs Shepherd happens sooner rather than later. Too easy of a natural rivalry to flourish.

Comment

I hope FSU vs Shepherd happens sooner rather than later. Too easy of a natural rivalry to flourish.
                              Right now, I do not believe Frostburg St can quite compete with Shepherd. So I am hoping maybe....ehhh...about 2 more years actually attracting actual D-II players.

Comment

For the sake of your SOS, I hope it's not PACE, FPU, AIU or ST A.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X