Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
    That's only true if every team doesn't play on their conference bye week.

Still better than the PSAC saddling you with Millersville and Lock Haven as crossovers and screwing over your SOS. No other conference in the region unbalances the SOS like the PSAC does with the crossovers. IUP is constantly burned by ****ty East teams dragging down the SOS.

Comment

• Re: IUP 2018

I think it's good for him to stand behind IUP because we might need some extra incentive on Saturday beyond being the last game for the seniors, and pride. But it does seem like he is revisiting the "our conference is tougher than your conference" idea and that just doesn't go anywhere given the current format. And I do think the idea of conference representation is valid i.e. having PO teams spread across the various conferences.

We always end up debating the marginal teams that make or don't make the PO's when the idea is to determine which is the best team in the region.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
        I think it's good for him to stand behind IUP because we might need some extra incentive on Saturday beyond being the last game for the seniors, and pride. But it does seem like he is revisiting the "our conference is tougher than your conference" idea and that just doesn't go anywhere given the current format. And I do think the idea of conference representation is valid i.e. having PO teams spread across the various conferences.

We always end up debating the marginal teams that make or don't make the PO's when the idea is to determine which is the best team in the region.

I believe every conference champion should receive an automatic bid. Then give out the three at large bids.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            I read it as kind of whiney to be honest.

It's like Homer saying Cal is the best 4-loss team in the world.

Fact is they lost to what is a slightly above average Cal team and couldn't close SRU out.

That's the breaks. You are what your record says you are ...

I'm not saying I disagree with him about Fairmont State but ... you can't go back in time.

This was a hard team to have much sympathy for, I guess.
            While I do agree it sounds like Coach Tort is whinning, he does have a point regarding Fairmont State. In the past few years only Shepherd from the NEC played well in the playoffs, whereas other teams like Fairmont State and Charleston beaten at home in the 1st round. Yes, it is in the past, but I think he has a historical point.

9-2 is a good year, being ranked in the top 5 in most polls there were very high expectations for this team. so if they do miss the playoffs it would be a very disappointing year.

Comment

I read it as kind of whiney to be honest.

It's like Homer saying Cal is the best 4-loss team in the world.

Fact is they lost to what is a slightly above average Cal team and couldn't close SRU out.

That's the breaks. You are what your record says you are ...

I'm not saying I disagree with him about Fairmont State but ... you can't go back in time.

This was a hard team to have much sympathy for, I guess.
              Absolutely! I had to keep saying "Shut up, Tort, Shut up, Pie," while reading the article. Now is not the time to be whining about it all. You are not going to the playoffs because you did not take care of your business. Period.

What you should think about is goal to go at Cal inside the five and then a face full of McPhatter and then how the IUP defense gave up that late 85-90 yard TD drive to Rock. Those are the real things that you can think about and discuss during the offseason which will begin on Saturday around 3 PM EST.

You have yourselves to blame! If you make your bed, then you sleep in it. Don't whine about it.

Don't hate on an honest man. Just sayin'

-

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
                Still better than the PSAC saddling you with Millersville and Lock Haven as crossovers and screwing over your SOS. No other conference in the region unbalances the SOS like the PSAC does with the crossovers. IUP is constantly burned by ****ty East teams dragging down the SOS.

Comment

• IUP 2018

Last edited by IUPNation; 11-07-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Didn't really need Tort's comments in the Gazette today. Just Sayin'

It is what it is at this point.
                    I love a coach that speaks the truth, why shouldn't he speak up regarding the regional rankings. Like u said it is what it us correct a real Joke when leagues that have proven nothing have teams ahead of a regional power who plays a tough OC game and tough PSAC schedule yes indeed speak up I love it.....Last time the regional rankings tried to be cute in 2016 and gave Fairmont a home game over IUP u saw the result, a massive beat down on there home field......just sayin

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post
                      I love a coach that speaks the truth, why shouldn't he speak up regarding the regional rankings. Like u said it is what it us correct a real Joke when leagues that have proven nothing have teams ahead of a regional power who plays a tough OC game and tough PSAC schedule yes indeed speak up I love it.....Last time the regional rankings tried to be cute in 2016 and gave Fairmont a home game over IUP u saw the result, a massive beat down on there home field......just sayin

Comment

Yes, with IUP's current OC . . . just sayin

Comment

Well Tort did say "If we have two losses..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Horror Child View Post
                            Well Tort did say "If we have two losses..."

And yet you made it last year with 3. I guess you had an uptick in the quality of walk ons this season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X