Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How many of you actually played fooseball for your Alma Mater?

Trust me I know we beat IUP in a nail biter in 16 then played them again and went down 17. Then came back and man handled them pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostOfHomer01 View Post
      Trust me I know we beat IUP in a nail biter in 16 then played them again and went down 17. Then came back and man handled them pretty easily.
      You always tend to forget IUP used a strong safety at QB in that rematch. Minor detail.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        You always tend to forget IUP used a strong safety at QB in that rematch. Minor detail.
        Who somehow was a better passer than your actual Qb

Comment

Who somehow was a better passer than your actual Qb

Comment

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post

I don't even know what burn means so one of you dorks can tell me some day.

That game served as Cal's last stand ... it won't beat IUP again for a long time.

Comment

By using Homer's logic, a great player equals a great coach, which I shouldn't need to say anymore. Coaches, coach, players, play, in most instances, one has no impact on the other. Belichick played at a lowly D3 Liberal Arts school in New England, that many PSAC band members would play for, so........

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                By using Homer's logic, a great player equals a great coach, which I shouldn't need to say anymore. Coaches, coach, players, play, in most instances, one has no impact on the other. Belichick played at a lowly D3 Liberal Arts school in New England, that many PSAC band members would play for, so........
                True. Although I question if Ben McAdoo would have had a different run had he had Tom Brady. Old Grumpy Bill wasn't too hot until Gisele showed up.

Comment

Originally posted by VoiceOfReason View Post
                  You Band geeks are not even good enough for D3. But he still played none the less. I didnt say a great player equals a great coach. But great coaches played the game.

Comment

Being able to bake an average cake, and teaching someone how to bake a great cake aren't the same thing. Playing and coaching have virtually no over lapping skills

Comment

Now, that's a serious hole in modern social knowledge. :wink:

"Burn" means he got you good.

#dork #whynot #gooooraiders

Comment

Now, that's a serious hole in modern social knowledge. :wink:

"Burn" means he got you good.

#dork #whynot

Did he? Not so sure. In the first game Lenny smoked Cal for 300+ all-purpose yards. In the game he was injured his replacement went for less than half of that number.

#feel-that-burn

Comment

That game served as Cal's last stand ... it won't beat IUP again for a long time.
                          IUP might go for a 5+ year win streak like Cal did? doubt it. More than half of Cal's team this year is freshman. That's more freshman than the rest of the classes combined. Transfers will pour into Cal the next few seasons if Coach Dunn's WPIAL or die mentality fails. Then he will reach out to the "renegades" and out of state kids. He has the backing to fund raise money he just has blind faith in recruiting the WPIAL we will see how that pans out. Hope it works out for him and Cal.

Comment

You Band geeks are not even good enough for D3. But he still played none the less. I didnt say a great player equals a great coach. But great coaches played the game.
                            Wikipedia, 'cos we don't plagiarize here!

On Pop Warner's train ride to Ithaca (the site of Cornell), he met Carl Johanson, then Cornell's football coach, who was impressed by Warner's weight (200 pounds). Johanson practically ordered Warner to attend practice. This happened even though Warner admitted that he had never handled a real football.

Despite his commitment to football, at the time Warner's true passion was baseball. During one of his first practices at Cornell he badly injured his shoulder and never played serious baseball again. Warner also participated in track and field and was the school's heavyweight boxing champion for two years.
                            And the plural of "freshman" is "freshmen." Dammit.

Comment

Did he? Not so sure. In the first game Lenny smoked Cal for 300+ all-purpose yards. In the game he was injured his replacement went for less than half of that number.

#feel-that-burn
                              Yeah you guys tried to run him into the ground and he ended up taking a nap on the turf.. literally. Smart coaching.
                              Last edited by GhostOfHomer01; 08-29-2018, 02:57 PM.

Comment

Wikipedia, 'cos we don't plagiarize here!

And the plural of "freshman" is "freshmen." Dammit.
                                proper english dont win rings so who cares

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X